This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#64677 by philbymon
Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:41 pm
I'm the only person I know that uses this site, personally, so I dunno how the rest of the world sees it. I like it.

I don't see that much in the way of "unprofessionalism" here, but I'll admit we sometimes seem to be a bit wary of new ppl either selling things or offering opportunities. Ppl coming here often get put on the defensive right off the bat when they're offering things, & that may be a damned shame.

A better approach for them may be to take it a bit more slowly than to say "I have something really cool," or " I can help you" to do this or that, right off the bat when they 1st come into the forums.

It's a 2-way street. If someone came up to me in person with a great idea, I'd probably be just as wary & ask just as many questions, & if he came up short on those questions. I would most likely believe he was fulla bulla in r/l, too. And let's face it - how many "opportunities" do any of us really see in our o/l travels? There's a million of them, but maybe one is a good one...how do you separate the chaff?

We watch for spammers, hold ppl accountable for the things they post, & ask questions & investigate them as best we can given the limits of our abilities. When something doesn't add up, sometimes we jump to conclusions, but that's only because of the massive amounts of fluff that's out there waiting to get our hard-earned dollars, or pass a virus onto us, or simply waste our valuable time.

Salesmen & such need to take a much less aggressive approach with ppl who've been burned, or nearly burned, in the past. Get to know us. Develop some sort of rapport, just as you need to do in r/l as a salesman. We don't go for the old used car salesmen stereotypes in here, or ppl with grand claims right off the bat. And it MAKES GOOD SENSE.

#64697 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:14 am
It's a good thing I wasn't checking this from ground zero, as it makes me want to yell and scream.

IF YOU Don'T LIKE THE FORUM, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

YEP, that's right, don't say a damn word as someone will get upset with your pouting and set you straight.

A FORUM IS WHERE PEOPLE GO TO FREELY EXCHANGE IDEAS..

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, YOU ARE FREE TO LET US KNOW>>>Not like anyone cares what 1 person thinks, ever. (needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, jerky)

JUST DON'T BITCH LIKE SOME LITTLE CHILD WHO ISN'T GETTING HIS OR HER WAY.

EVEN THE MOST ? PERSON ON THIS FORUM HAS SOMETHING TO ADD, but no one wants to hear how your female anatomy is painful to-day.

Go take a MIDOL and sleep it off, else you run the risk of being nominated BITCH OF THE FORUM this month. Next month, it'll be a new victim.

#64729 by fisherman bob
Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:20 am
Sorry Alan, I get a bit defensive when somebody slams my favorite music website. I agree with you on most subjects. If I agreed with somebody on everything I would BE THEM. We can respect each others differences of opinion. BUT, say something negative about something and I beg to differ...you're going to hear about it from me. Just my nature...

#64763 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:32 pm
Stop apologizing ...

People know when the bullshit is flowing.

You just encourage them to feel like they are right, Bob. Fact is you were right on from the get go..and have no reason to apologize.

I am about as non-pc as it gets, so I'll even try to be a little nicer and ask that people kindly quit the same ole sing song about the bad stuff that goes on here at bandmix. It's just propaganda at best. If not, maybe you'd offer some proof other than a Jack Daniels delusion.

If people feel like bitching, feel free to get married. Then you have a reason to bitch for real.

1000 points for running over old people to-day!

#65043 by Hayden King
Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:04 am
well I'm neutral in this. I asked Allen if he knew this guy as he was somewhat backing him up, and got no response.
I also never got a response from the so called interviewer and don't think my questions were a bit out of the way or course.
I do know that nearly everyone that I've dealt with in the mid levels of the industry seemed to be a bit arrogant and slighting to say the least.
"If ya cant take it don't dish it out" is the way I look at it. And if your dealing with artist's don't expect them to act like the general public or business exec's.

Those who demand respect must hold themselves to the same standard!

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"putting your head in a hole means you left your ass is in the air"

#65047 by fisherman bob
Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:06 am
Still waiting on a response from Mr. Interviewer...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...still waiting....is that him sending me an e-mail?...no...waiting...waiting...hey I live right here in the K.C. area...still waiting...waiting...waiting....who's that knocking on my door?...no, not him...waiting...waiting...
waiting...waiting...waiting...
waiting....
aiting...
iting...
ting...
ing...
ng...
g...

#65971 by MadmX
Sat May 02, 2009 8:44 pm
Man, some of you guys are really uptight... everyone is out to "steal your sole" ..... really it's music, it isn't sh*t w/out someone to listen, paid or not...

Why bust this guys chops, if you don't want to answer his survey, then don't email him.

Reality check....

X!
#119920 by lionbk2009
Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 am
hi this is Lion and background sound band we been together for 9 years,
we are looking for suposes, promoters, distribution and publishers

#119932 by Starfish Scott
Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:38 pm
LOL This thread is coming to life?

Man, you have to check the TIME/DATE STAMP on these ...

ok

#119945 by lionbk2009
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:41 pm
hi thanks for message