This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#71540 by ratsass
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 pm
Anybody out there use a Boss ME-70 multieffects pedal. I'm thinking of getting one. I like all the features, but I downloaded the manual to see how you change banks up and down and it didn't say anything except that you could buy an optional pedal for that. Any help is much appreciated.

#71541 by ratsass
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 pm
Oh, and a question for Neanderpaul. This pedal has a 38 second looper with unlimited (I think, maybe just multi) overdubs. Does that sound functional to you? I wouldn't be doing the one man band thing with it, but it might come in handy with my 3-piece band.

#71542 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:57 pm
I know someone who has one.

He says that the expression pedal is cheap and he can't really use it as he is afraid it will break under his foot.

He also seems to have issues with doing his own custom presets.

good luck!

#71590 by Kramerguy
Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:27 pm
I was a major proponent of the GNX3000, but realized at an outdoor gig on tuesday that even with cloudy skies, you cannot see the display at all (which patch you are on) in day light. Major major problem with that, I have.

#71597 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:58 pm
Ooh Kramer..

How's that for fuct up?

I have been places where it was too dark to see what the settings are..

(gulp)(oh sh*t)

#71611 by philbymon
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:05 pm
I have the same problem with my Zoom bass effects pedal...what a frikken PAIN!!!

#71612 by ratsass
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 pm
Yeah, many that use the 8-segment led's for readout have that problem. The best thing is when they have lcd's with adjustable backlit function. But that's not the best thing to base a purchase on, is it? Read the reviews on the M-70 and it turns out you have to step on switches 1 and 2 simultaneously to go into the bank mode, and then step on switch 3 or 4 for bank up or down, and then pick the bank. Or you can pay $50 more and get a double pedal to plug into it that will do the bank up and down function. May get the unit and see if I can build a switching pedal (tip, ring, sleeve 1/4" input, momentary switches) that will work on it. If I can't make a pedal, but love the rest of the sounds and functions, I'll spring for the $50 pedal.

#71613 by ratsass
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:17 pm
Actually, I've already built the pedal. I built one for my Cube 30 and it's a Roland, so it should work with it. :idea: :lol:

#71854 by Shredd6
Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:51 pm
I used to have an ME-50 and I sold it. Yes you do have to buy a seperate bank pedal (points against). But aside from that it was noisy, had no real usable distortion, and worst of all, if you accidentally touch 2-buttons at once, all of your sound drops out and it goes into tuner mode. It doesn't take much to set that off. It had some cool effects, but overall, I would advise against it.

#71933 by ratsass
Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:21 am
Thanks for the info Shredd, but too little too late. :) I ordered it Friday, should be here this week. But that's why I use Musician's Friend, great return policy. Some of the reviews I read spoke of owning older units like the 50, but said that Boss got it right with this one. Oh well, if I don't like it, I just send it back and get another one to try. I've got a Korg AX1500 now and it works but I don't like the overall sound or functions of it, but I can use it so I'm not in a rush to get one to keep jamming. Got a big two day party coming up this weekend and hoping that the Boss unit is what I want but no problem if it's not.

#71987 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:00 pm
LOL

That's the way I feel about pedals.

I don't care if it is non-programmable, but if it sounds good I am inclined to try and use it anyway..

The damn thing could be broken and if it's doing something I like sound-wise, I still wanna use it.

#71989 by Shredd6
Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:09 pm
And that could very well be the case. The only Multi effects pedal I've heard that had a decent amp model was Line-6. My Boss was awful. It did have some cool effects though. The delay, trem, chorus, whammy, ect.. were pretty good.

After selling my ME-50, I bought a Yamaha Magic Stomp. Better effects, still awful amp modeling, footswitches suck.. That's when I ended up going all individual. It's a big and heavy board, but I've found it to be much more usable, and I'm not limited to one brand.

There is something to be said for the old fashioned way. I'm actually really starting to get into my Digitech X-series pedals. After messing with them for a while, I've been more impressed with them than I thought I would be. And they can be bought for $20-$25 a piece on ebay these days.

#72476 by Shredd6
Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:41 pm
I saw a ME-70 yesterday when I was buying strings. It definitely looks improved compared to the ME-50. I didn't have the time to try it out though. I would still be conscious of stepping on the middle 2 switches though. If it's the same as the ME-50 the sound will completely drop out. Could be a real pain in the ass if you have big feet.

#78527 by Bridget 1
Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:52 pm
I own the ME-70 and whoever says this is built cheap obviously does not own one. It is built like a tank and it built to operate like all Boss individual pedals. It has most Boss effects in it and quite a few presets. You can switch memory banks with your feet (without buying the add on pedal) or you can set it on a table and switch banks by hand. But once again, it has the same basic control as the single Boss pedals and the good thing is there is not a menu LCD screen and all the knobs/dials are labeled and what you see is what you get.

It is very easy to use and that is why I bought it. I originally bought the Digitech RP1000 and sent it back very quickly.....talk about a machine with a whole lot of buttons and functions. The ME-70 is much more user friendly and I have by no means explored all of the possibilities......

#119107 by Myfranticprayer
Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:46 pm
Bridget 1 : can you email me? i have a proposition i'd like to swing by you! [email protected]

thanks!