This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11068 by AngelaD
Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:56 pm
I'm a newbie here, just joined up today! woohoo go me lol. my name is Angela and i'm a singer from new brunswick. no i'm not french and i'm also not a fisherman lmao. oh yeah i don't live in an igloo either pmsl.

#11121 by ColtonandTSS
Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:20 am
Just got started here, new to BandMix thought it might help with promotion of our band HANEDA

Stop in and check us out on our myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/hanedarocks

Just got our first Demo up.

Leave us a reply and we will return the favor.

#11165 by balderdash
Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Curious about the use of our Magnifico Plus gps/pda magnifier. I am not really a musician but someone--a potential customer--told me that "Chick" was using the product with his Korg--not at all familiar with this world. I am a lawyer who had an idea which we developed into a product we are now retailing at www.officeonthegogo.com. I am not trying to advertise, just curious about whether or not Chick has developed an application for our product which we should consider advertising. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks. Mike

#11427 by Paleopete
Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:12 am
HI folks, my real name is Billy, just joined up recently and started to browse through the forums a bit, thought I'd jump in on the intro thread. I'm 51 years old, been playing guitar since age 5, learned everything in the high school band room (sax was my regular instrument), I now play guitar, bass, some drums, sax, a little keyboards, and re-learning flute. I have a lot of instruments, 10 guitars, including an antique Electromuse lap steel and a 1966 Harmony Bobkat, two saxes, a flute, a Wurlitzer electric piano (mid 70's), an antique German mandolin that's no longer playable, a ukelele I'm fixing up and a couple of xylophones.

Current rig is a dual amp setup, other than a new $1500 three channel amp that's the only way I've ever found to get totally clean and raunch and roll at the same time. Fender Super Reverb and Peavey MX does the trick, through an A/B switch. DOD compressor, Dan Electro Rocky Road, Ibanez SD 9 Sonic Distortion, Marshall Bluesbreaker overdrive, and volume pedal (in that order) into the A/B switch. Have to get the SD 9 fixed, it's on the blink. I usually bring 7 to 9 guitars onstage, a couple in open tunings and an acoustic, and at least 4 electrics in standard tuning since I play rather hard and beat guitars out of tune pretty quick. I hate being out of tune and avoid tuning onstage like the plague. So I just pick up another guitar...

I play rock, blues, country, 50's, dance/disco and have even been known to do a polka from time to time when I get booked in VFW halls. I like rock and blues best, also played jazz in high school. I'm a decent singer, both lead and harmony and write a little but not much, and mostly music, I can never think up lyrics. I'm working on an acoustic piece to upload, just one acoustic guitar (Takamine EGS330-SC) in open G, and might try to get another one recorded if the dogs and boom boxes will ever be quiet for a few minutes...fat chance...The only time I can try to record is around 2 AM when everyone's asleep. Any other time it's way too much background noise.

Currently looking for musicians or a band that needs a good guitar player, and both seem to be in very short supply in north Louisiana. I may be moving out of this dead end place before much longer just to be able to play again.

#11446 by RhythmMan
Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:44 pm
Welcome.

#11578 by MusicGuy49
Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 pm
I am a professional musician looking to work. I play bass and lead. Sing lead and harmony. DO a WIllie Nelson thing too. Many years on stage and can front. call me 706-818-1288

#11623 by Demi360
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:52 pm
hi all - I'm Demi from NY and I am preparing my first music compilation, "Genesis" (EP) I have been writing since I was thirteen and now I am excited about singing live and eventually learning guitar. HI all!

#11817 by Cooder
Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:40 pm
Hey everyone...Neil Young's music got me started playing guitar around the age of 16. Been playing off and on since. Served 11 years in the Navy where I met, played, and learned from some very talented people. Recently unemployed, I've been filling in for friend's bands when needed. Not getting rich, but having a blast! I play lead guitar and my main interests are blues, southern rock and country. I also write now and then and I absolutely love getting together and improvising!

#12025 by DeeCee
Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:38 pm
Hello, my name is Damaris. I'm 34 and I've started practicing on a regular basis now for under a year. I'm sure I'm not the only one to face these troubles deciding what career to focus on. Since, I can't seem to shake the desire to play music, I've decided to put my current profession on hold and delve deeper into music.

I sought out professional help to get direction for my guitar playing (too many ideas as a novice is maddening). I'm also reading books on singing and song writing. I have a pool of ideas in my head and when I've learned at least the basics I would like to find a band to fit into.

My Ultimate goal is to become a bandmate and make music professionally.

#12026 by RhythmMan
Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:24 pm
That's how I started, in the early 70's.
There is one super-important piece of unsolicited advice I'd like to offer you, if I may . . . .
This is it:
Record every idea you ever have.
. . . whatever the cost:
Record every idea you ever have.
And - welcome.

#12155 by Pam_DeWitt
Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:51 pm
Hey all,

Blessings to ya, and warm hello's.

My name is Pam, and I've been singing and playing keys for (gee wiz) 30 years. I've been madly in love with Jesus Christ for the past 30 years, however, I only started playing Christian rock music about 3 years ago.

Prior to that, I sang in a Southern Rock band for about 5 years around the Tri-state area. Prior to that, I sang solo gigs around different towns.

I'd have to say that I truly love all kinds of music, and all kinds of people :)

Yeah, I know that sounds kinda sappy, but it's true. I'm a mother of two "angels", when they wanna be, and if you include my hubby...then make that a mother of three, lol. Sometimes I think he gets spoiled the most.

I've got my hand in many different projects most of the time, from landscaping our home to writing songs for the band. And lets not forget all the running around doing the "mom" thing with the kids and their activities. I'd have to agree that the quality of life and "living" def. gets better with age, and experience.

We're currently in need of a drummer so we can get back to giggin. It's been over a month since our last gig and I think I'm having withdrawels, lol.

Love the site, love the peeps, and love music - to wrap it all up :)

In God's Hands,

Pam DeWitt
Lest We Boast

#12253 by mindmelters
Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:12 am
hey, im from fla. south bass player song writer, for a band call orginal mind melters, been real into hank 111 lately i dont even know. I, guess i love his attitude

#12532 by Greeniemagic
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:40 pm
Oops bit remiss of me, been here a couple of weeks and haven't introduced myself :oops:

I'm greenie, singer/songwriter from Coventry, England and have a solo studio project on the go (Goth/Classical/Soundscapes) at www.myspace.com/asirenstear and have just put a Rock/Metal band together also and hopefully will be gigging with that soon :D

Oh have been involved with some online collabs in the past aswell which I enjoyed very much and some of those can be found at www.myspace.com/greeniecollabs :)

#12547 by Kat-Rocks
Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:23 pm
Hey! Im Kat from Toronto Canada......Just wanted to stop in and say hi to all ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK ON! IT'S FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY

#12548 by Greeniemagic
Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:59 pm
Hey Kat...Love your profile song mate, got anymore stuff to listen to? :)