This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11052 by aristarcus
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:14 am
I would not be surprised if this guy does not live in the US and all those US addresses are just more of his stool pidgeons.

There is no international law that can be enforced against things like this without treaties between the US and the relative governments. Many of the third world nations in Africa are so destabilized and tumultuous, or newly formed, there is no such established authority or enforcement.

It certainly sounds like the next greatest thing in email scams. But beleive me, bank fraud is something the government puts right up there with kidnapping. I think the fact that this guy is so blazen and renown is because he is not where he can be caught. I just do not see crediting him with the intelligence to do all this domestically. He could probably get all the information he needs for everything he does off the web.

So I would say (and I hate to, but your attorneys may not) don't get your hopes up too high about justice here.

#11061 by CoolBrz
Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:21 pm
You have a point and I agree. The only authorities that have followed thru with me is the investigator with Soverign Bank. The USSS took the info but stated pretty much the same with this being a common crime. Catching the cronnies in the U.S. would be nice. I would have to prove to the postal service that the P.O. box address is being used for mail/check fraud.

Oh well, I am sure he is out conning more musicians as we speak to play for his wife's never ending 40th birthday party:)

#11074 by cswatt
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:32 pm
not knowing whether he's in the US or abroad already shows how difficult it will probably be to catch him.

i think the best we can do is get the word out about this guy and try to shut him out.

sadly, that will most likely result in only forcing him to change the nature of his scam and the folks he targets.

#11750 by Loud Angel
Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:54 am
Hi its Wendy Metal again. I ended up recieving a check from Jude which of course was not good. He then had the audasity to call me three times even after I let him know that his check was fraudulent. He claimed that he didn't know and that he wanted to wire me the money. Well the caller ID on my phone showed an international number. And then of course I never heard from him again. I contacted the police with the check and everything emails etc.. and they said there was nothing they can do. Well live and learn I guess he will get his own someday.

#11768 by Irminsul
Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:37 pm
Thats the way it usually ends up Wendy. We had some sheister locally acting as a booking agent who was basically stealing musicians blind (bad checks, failure to pay after the event, etc). But while he did find a few victims, his rep got around quickly and he had burned every bridge. So he fled town.

Although, I don't know if it was the bad rep or the guy who threatened to bury him out in the desert that hastened his decision.

#12585 by Greeniemagic
Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:59 pm
I think this thread should be made into a 'sticky' if this guy is still in oporation to pre-warn newbies to the site!!

Anyone agree???

#12602 by theunreal
Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:14 pm
Thanks Greenie. I am a newbie here, and glad my gut was right and I didn't respond to this worm. Thanks again, Don

#12604 by Irminsul
Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:06 am
Greeniemagic wrote:I think this thread should be made into a 'sticky' if this guy is still in oporation to pre-warn newbies to the site!!

Anyone agree???

Roger that.

#12670 by Paleopete
Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:20 am
I agree it should be a sticky, I just got a similar email but the name is changed. Otherwide it's the same scam, name used is "look jame", yahoo email address, wife's 40th birthday party, at an address in Houston Tx, bad english and all. And i'm not in Texas...

I had to go looking for this thread, I remembered it soon as I read the email. I would have been very suspicious anyway, I don't have a band, I'm a musician looking for one.
#15214 by JoeTuckerMusic
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:47 pm
I got the "E-mail" from Jude Micheal as well. I am so pissed. Like I read on some of you guys emails, he does sound very legit. HE'S NOT. SORRY. IF YOU GET THAT EMAIL SCRAP IT.

#15215 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:53 pm
lol Where are the cops when you need them?

"Bad cop, NO DONUT!!" lol

#15223 by Irminsul
Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:05 pm
B-b-but didn't we have a member once here who administered his wizened "advice" that you should answer the sheister's email because after all it could be "legit"?

BWAAAHAHahahahahahaAHAHAHAAHHaaa....oh, the memories....

#15224 by Franny
Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:20 pm
Irminsul wrote:B-b-but didn't we have a member once here who administered his wizened "advice" that you should answer the sheister's email because after all it could be "legit"?

BWAAAHAHahahahahahaAHAHAHAAHHaaa....oh, the memories....
I'm quite sure he's still here...watching...waiting...getting moist

:lol:

#15225 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:35 pm
You mean MUSAK MAGE? LOL

Oh he's here, I saw him molesting the cupcakes in the break room. lol

#15370 by Greeniemagic
Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 pm
Another possible scam somewhere maybe..Just got this email and I haven't advertised for a drummer!!!

Hi,
found your details on band mix. I am a drummer, and I believe it is a gift. I understand you're trying to put a band together, and if you still need a drummer, i will like to be part of that. Another thing is also if you don't mind for me to call you sometime as I might have something you'll be interested in.
by the way, my name is Tj. hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

"no fear, no regret, just a future with a promise"<vbr> "JESUS IS LORD"<vbr> Akande Tolulope<vbr>