This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All other music related items.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

What genre do you compose loop based music in?

N/A
N/A
20%
N/A
N/A
N/A
80%
#115943 by mylungsarempty
Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:47 pm
I know most people use loops for techno and hip-hop genres - but I've had great experiences using loops for my guitars, vocal work, composing drumbeats, etc...

Do you produce loop based music? In what genre?
#145549 by toxicmetal11
Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 am
I am a bloody pedal nut case mate - got me own pedalboard made from super high density wood that feels more like metal than wood, no piffle laddie. Eight Boss pedals and the TC Delay does skillful loops when one takes the time to knacker it out. As a three piece with a lead vocalist who also uses the latest Boss foot controlller effects dual stage programmable pedal, our sound has gone from old Free "All Right Now" basics to Rush's Hemispheres and Permanent Waves. The bass player uses a Boss GT floor deal and can call up synth sounds in pseudo poly like layers sans a second rig to emulate stereo phasing. Nontheless it sounds glorious, a smasher par execellence. Take a listen to the song "I Want It All" by an easy clicker on the URL straight to our bandmix site - its LIVE, except the soundman put a heavy gate on ambient noise i.e. lager bottles smashing inside plastic bins, people drunk yelling out interesting tid bits but we were more tuned in to the quality of the sound coming from the mains. We don't play that loud on stage and turn our amps slightly inwards using two 57s on each cab stuck through a piece of well shaped sound absorbing foam (Auralex) to capture the immediate sound waves off center to the speaker cones. Take a listen, I do believe it came out quite nice.