This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Does Daytona Beach need a turn around?

100%
N/A
N/A
#11592 by Solo Studio
Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:02 pm
What ever happened to the Daytona Beach Music scene? The gigs don't pay worth a crap, The Cops wreck all the parties, and here we are wanting to jam...

Hi I'm James, I live on beach side and remember the days of old when Daytona Beach was a mecca for rock bands of all types... Now? What a joke!

Well I get my fill with a little jamin on Friday nights with other musicians in the area. I have a small home studio that works well enough I guess, and we jam/record/party...

Anyone is welcome, but I fear the room is limited right now. We don't do covers, and well we just kinda play on the fly. Stay in key and your good to go! ;)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm wanting to get to know more of the local talent, and see if things can be changed around here. I do have some good contacts, and A good feel for the area. Drop a note here or email me at [email protected] if your interested at all...

Thanks!
Divit Studio's

#19417 by Dickie Fredericks
Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:57 pm
Wow, has it really died there? I used to gig there alot when I was a guitarist in Floyd Miles' band. Of course we did the entire state and beyond but always played in Daytona. Thats a shame as Ive been looking to get back there.