This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#11284 by True_Calling
Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:41 pm
WOW It's good to see so many Christian Musicians!!! I posted this at the end of a Chain but I don't think that anyone will see it and I wanted to get in on the FUN!!!! Ok sorry for the Cheese. With my bands name being "Dawn IN The Darkness" we went over and over the idea of playing in BARS. Now there's a difference between playing at a bar and a venue. A bar, with ALL EXCUSES aside, is a place MADE FOR SIN. What happens in bars,,, and when we say bars we're NOT talking about a Restaurant with a bar like fridays or Pepi's or something like that,,, a BAR. Here's what you find during the time when Music is played, usually around 8-2 or 4am. Women who are dressed like prostitutes, 80% of the people are intoxicated beyond inteligent conversation or comprehension, lude behavior. The lure is NOT the music, Music is the add on, just like the "GRILL" side of "BAR and grill" It's not a venue, where Music IS the attraction, and the BAR is the add on. Sure at a venue, there will be those sloshed out of their comprehension,,, but there is still a sea of others who are there FOOOOOORRRRR the music.

If you are called of God to REACH OUT, then you must be a ***signet ring on God's hand. When he sends you out, they must see him and his call. Christ came for the sinner, the filthy and evil, but Christ going to Zacchaeus house and dinning with "sinners" (as the pharisees put it) is not the same as GOING to a PLACE set aside for SIN in an attempt to do what Christ did. It's not a matter of being better than someone here, it's a matter of faith and compromise.

WHERE IS YOUR FAITH? Where is your belief in God's holiness. A COMPROMISING PEOPLE will leave no "GOSPEL" with the lost. Music has been a victim of the Devils distortion, but bars have not. Music is God's just like sex is,,, God made them to be pure in a context. With sex, it's marriage, with music, it's the Lyrics and the spirit behind the music,,, not the notes or style.

(Pause to mention,,, SCREAMO,,, "Faith comes by HEARING, and HEARING by the word of God"... If no one can understand your lyrics UNLESS they buy the album, or go the website to actuall READ what they can't make out in the EH HEM "VOCALS", or have them SPOKEN to them outside of EH HEM "singing" of the song, then how is that doing what you do to actaully reach the Lost with the TRUTH of the WORD that heals all souls? People need the TRUTH as Paul put it,,, THE GOSPEL IS THE POWER THAT SAVE LIVES!!! The world offers TONS OF AWESOME MUSIC, We need that music to be awesome,,, I believe my band is at that quality level,,, believe me that's NOT A SMALL ISSUE TO ME EITHER! With out quality, the world won't listen, but WITH OUT THE TRUTH BEING CLEAR and without pointing to the ONLY ONLY ONLY SOLUTION FOR THE SEAS DYING SOULS, then the music is like a blank being fired from a gun,,, LOUD but with no impact. [read our lyrics, their meaning and purpose is clear, and uncompromising, but not "churchy"])

FOLLOWERS OF JESUS, This life is short and there is no time for fickle compromise. GOD IS BIG ENOUGH to raise whom he wants to raise and put them in the public eye with out sending his people into a place that may as well be a strip club. (WHAT!?!?!) Yes, the only difference is that most bars don't have poles where women take off their clothes as the main attraction, but ANY BAR that's open till 2am has had (most comonly) woman who flash or make out with other women or men that they don't know or women that may as well be naked, people doing horrilby sexual things, and people who dance SO DIRTY and wicked... don't try to lie to me and tell me that this is a NUETRAL ground for CHRIST FOLLOWERS to be in.

HERE IT IS, OUR TYPE OF PEOPLE (musicians/metal heads in my case) ARE THE TARGET OF GOD'S HEART! HE LOVES THEM, HE WANTS TO REACH THEM AND SHOW THEM HIS TRUTH AND LOVE!!!! YOUR MUSIC, YOUR CALL TO REACH THE LOST is first HIS DREAM!!! He will draw them out and to him self,,, His word says "If you lift MY NAME up, I will draw all men unto myself!"

The bottom line is that TRUE FOLLOWERS of a HOLY GOD would not have anything to do with Bars as much as they wouldn't have anything to do with Strip clubs.

Bars/strip clubs belong to satan and if you truly want to be a testimony that draws the lost to Christ,,, don't hate bars, don't curse the darkness, don't close your self off from people who do those things,,, JUST PRAY. Ask yourself, how much do you really pray that God would DRAW the Lost to his Gospel through you and/or your music?
IF God wants to use your music to reach the Lost he will do it. HAVE FAITH, and don't believe the Lie that so many Christians fall into, that BARS are an absolutely UNAVOIDABLE part of Getting your music to the lost. Not that people who go to bars to try and reach out are evil and desire compromise, I've tried it too, But it IS a lie.

I'm sorry but We're all going to die really soon in the light of ETERNITY, and we don't have time waste on SELF FILLED, FAITH LESS attempts to reach the Lost with OUR GREATEST HUMAN EFFORTS. That's right, FAITH LESS HUMAN EFFORTS, it's impossible to please God without faith!!! "I have faith!!!" You say,,, Fine, then if you want to see those people in the bars encounter Christ Love,,, THEN PRAY THAT GOD WOULD MAKE A PURE WAY TO REACH THEM!!! "Oh come on, ME going into reach the Lost is a pure way!!!!" What,,, has God forgotten these people? Does God want you to go into these overwhelmingly wicked and evil places to reach them, WE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT!!! God's Big enough to get to those people and draw them out.

STILL NOT CONVINCED, fair enough.

Before you go to your next Bar to "reach out" to the lost,, try praying to God in the morning for God to give you an oportunity to share the Gospel outside of the bar with SOMEONE that WOULD GO TO A BAR, and see what he does.... Don't tell me that A person in that bar will NEVER GOING TO ENCOUNTER CHRIST unless YOU go into the bar to pull them out!!! WHERE IS YOUR FAITH!!!

People don't go to bars to find JESUS!

Then ask God to give you that same opportunity IN the bar, and see which one has any real fruit. (I'm only saying this to those who are TRULY LOOKING FOR GOD TO ANSWER THEM, I'm not advocating that you should be going to bars! This is only for those who are truly confused and really want to reach the lost and ONLY reach the lost!) I don't doubt that God can use our HEART FELT blunders,,, like trying to preach the Gospel in a Strip club or bar, but it's only because of his Grace, not his agenda.

***Haggai 2:23
23 " 'On that day,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel,' declares the LORD, 'and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,' declares the LORD Almighty."
Tony Parma
www.myspcae.com/DITD1
(Dawn In The Darkness)
www.myspace.com/getting_back_my_life (underscores)
(Tony and Amy)
Love is as strong as Death.
Song of Solomon 8:6
Last edited by True_Calling on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

#11330 by Irminsul
Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:24 pm
I've been in a bar!

Come SAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaAAAAAAAve me-uh!
#11390 by Danielstevens2002
Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:56 am
You obviously haven't been to a bar and if you have you MUST be gay lol. God didn't say that it was wrong to look at a beautiful women. Hell god created her lol. Besides it isn't your place to judge those people.

If someone gets hammered guess what there is nothing you can do about it Mr. Perfect. You are not god and no matter how many times you say you are a warrior for god you are not. You are a mortal with faith. God only wants you to have faith and find your place on your own path. Not throw sticks in everyone elses.

You should really reconsider your point of views when you are not full of pride and look at humanity as humans. We ain't perfect nor will we ever be. That goes for you to.

#11391 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:57 am
DUDE!!! I'm a follower of Christ,,,, and I'm supposed to be taken back by that,,, but That was HILLARIOUS!

Let me apologize because I sometimes don't like the word "SAVED" either.
To people who don't believe that they have sin, need a savior, or understand what Christians "claim" to understand, I could see how that would be offensive or be viewed as ridiculous or close minded.

My bad! CHRISTIANS CAN ROCK TO!!!!!!!! YEA HUH!!!! (LOL) Just kidding, no really we can,, you don't believe me, check out my band!!! BTW I checked out your stuff yesterday because of your comment on "THE GODS!!!" That too was funny! I'm not huge on the Techno/electronica style, but I am guilty of bobbin my head to the track I heard!!!

Believe me friend, I HATE RELIGIOUS TALK, PHONIES, POSERS, and THOSE who are just out to make you live as THEY SEE FIT!!! (not God or his/her word: from any certain religion, just them built up on THEM)

The whole thing about bars/Christians and such, was to challenge the people who are truly excited about BEING as they say they are; FOLLOWERS OF GOD'S WORD, as apposed to people who "CLAIM" to be.
I follow a latin phrase "ESSE QUAM VEDERI" (ess-Ay kwam ve-dear-EE) and it means "TO BE, RATHER THAN TO APPEAR TO BE"

Friend I would be a COMPLETE JACKASS to hold ANYONE who does not claim to be a FOLLOWER of CHRIST to his standards or expect them to live out his ways. SO PLEASE, If you were offended, understand my approach was just to call out those who really just want to BE what they were BEFORE they claimed to be followers of CHRIST and challenge them to PRACTICE what they preach. I.O.W. If you say you live by Christ standards, then follow through with it!!!

I've been in bars too. I had my hay days and did my damage. I love every human I ever meet and believe as Jesus taught me.
We're all sinners--
*Sin must be attoned/payed for/dealt with--
*No being under GOD could pay for that--
*Hense forth,,, the need for a savior.--
*Jesus made us all, loves us all, didn't want to be seperated from us
-as sin seperates us from him....--
*HE saw the problem,--
*Fixed it.
*Now it's up to you. YOUR CHOICE!!
**** I'm not gonna force anyone to do or believe anything!!!
No man can do that to me, I follow the suggestions, or teachings that IIIIII CHOOSE!!!! FREE WILL BABY!!!

IF GOD IS GOD, then he's going to fight for his own REP!!! And I as MAN Am NOT going to try and do what a GOD is able to do!!!

I offer, I suggest, I represent,,, as an ambassedor should. but that's it.

In the end, this isn't anything more than JUST MY OPINION. BUT,,,If you wanna look at a computer screen and say that "it's a school bus!!!" GO RIGHT AHEAD!!! In the end,,, the there's only ONE TRUTH,,, it's a computer screen wether you believe it is or not,,, and in the end, there's only ONE TRUTH about GOD, SALVATION, and ETERNITY!!! Believe what you want, but the ONE TRUE GOD is going to have the final say,,, if you want to bring some other theology to him/her,,, go right ahead but what he/she says (whoever that GOD REALLY IS IN THE END) is gonna be right!!! Every man must seek for himself, what the truth really is. I COULD BE WRONG, but I doubt it and am willing to bet my etertal SOUL ON IT! And friend, If you don't have that KIND of confidence,,, then what are you doing ANTHING ELSE BESIDES FIND THAT CONFIDENCE for!?

I hope this challenges or informs you in some HELPFULL WAY!
I'm not here to cause problems, just to do what I'm CALLED to do.

Tony Parma
www.myspace.com/DITD1

lol

#11392 by Danielstevens2002
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:04 am
Ok number one stop trying to sound smart cause it's not working lol. You wanna talk about just being. I am just being. I treat each day as if it were my last. There is no reason to preach like you are on a soap box lol cause then you just look like a fool lol.

Casual conversation is the way to go. Hell Mormans do a better job of getting people then you are doing.

You are that guy that christ wishes would just get lost lol. Ever have a friend that was just that annoying lol. Also he already knows that those who are over zealous with there thoughts and words will surely back slide. Hell I have back slid so many times I stopped counting. The main thing is I have faith and I know that he is real.

I don't need anything more then that. In the end you are right Christ will have the final say so guess what.....SHUT UP! lol. He knows who is going to hell and who is going to heaven. There isn't anything we can do about it. If someone wants to know about him then please share what you know but don't think that you have to shove YOUR opinion in everyones face.

#11393 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:11 am
To the #2 comment, Please read the last comment, i hope it answers questions. But also, I understand... BTW there is a verse in the Bible that says "if you LOOK at a women lustfully, you have already commited adultery with her in your heart." These are the words of JESUS.
NOT MY STANDARD.
Gay,,, no. My Fiance is HOT and I am SOOOOOOO BLESSED!!!! It takes a lot of integrity to have eyes for only her, and to reject anyone else's curves. When I devoted my love to her I forsook ALL OTHERS.... NOT GAY, LOYAL. And I happen to hold women in higher respect than you might think. Some women don't respect themselves with the way they dress allowing just anyone to look at all or most of there bodies,,, GODS DESIGN was that they recieve MUCH MORE LOVE, HONOR, RESPECT, and PRECIOUS DEVOTION than that. Gods plan for ALL women is that they be TREASURED BY ONE LOVING MAN who would treat them as precious and would HONOR their HEARTS, and only after proving that their love was a SAFE LIFE LONG, ONE MAN to ONE WOMEN relationship till DEATH, that they could EARN THE RIGHT AND HONOR to enjoy, WITH RESPECT and PASSION, their precious bodies. THAT IS LOVE! NOT LUST!

I've been to a bar, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, I'd NEVER HOLD ANYONE who doesn't believe in CHRIST as GOD, to his standards.
If you don't believe in him that way, than his teachings are of NO consiquence to you. Just move on. I MEAN YOU NO OFFENSE!!!

YOUR BIGGEST PEEVE in your comment was that I look at the world through self righteous eyes. I ONLY BELIEVE THAT JESUS has the right to JUDGE ANYONE'S CONDUCT!!!! I was as sinner, am a sinner, and will always be battling some sin in my life. I WILL ALWAYS need the grace of GOD.

It's not about being perfect, it's about knowing the one who is.
IN PEACE,,,
Tony Parma
www.myspace.com/DITD1

#11395 by True_Calling
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:17 am
So using "LOL" after every sentence doesn't make you look like a fool?

And just stating that I'm "trying to sound smart" means that you're not really trying to look at what I'm saying. I meant no harm, and in all of my words, NOT ONE OF THEM was shoving anything down anyones face.
There's much we can do about eternity, it just depends on what you believe.

Look, believe what you want! I'll still believe what I want. And if there's anything I can do for you in the mean time, just let me know.
IN ALL HONESTY,
I meant no offense, every one is intittled to speak about what they wish in this or MOST FORUMS.

IN PEACE.
Tony Parma
www.myspace.com/DITD1
#11497 by Danielstevens2002
Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:19 pm
Here is the problem with that statement. 1. Lusting for someone in your heart means to fall in love. If you are married to someone yet you have dire feelings for another that my friend is adultery. 2. It only works if your married.

This statement from the bible is not meant for those that are boyfriend girlfriend. They have not chosen a holy union between each other. For osomeone who is married to look at another women or man and think they are attractive and think that they would like to have sex with them doesn't mean they have lust for them in there heart.

They are not wanting to fall in love with the person they just think they are sexy and cute. I don't think that it's bad to look at people of the opposite sex and think what it would be like to be in the sack with them. That is just your imagination BUT to think of them as a mate and for them to be only yours while you have committed yourself to one person that is when there is adultrey.

Obviously you need to study just a little bit more in depth has to how the words are used in the bibilical sense as well as learn the history of the bible so you can better understand the words. If you follow the bible you have at home then you are a follower of King James or whoever wrote your bible.

Find the real bible not some shotty translation.

and no I don't know who has the real bible. I am not even going to try and look for the real thing. I study all aspects of religeon because I know with all the different ways to worship god there has to be a line between all religeons that tell the truth.

Also I dont' consider Satanism a religeon for the simple fact that they don't believe in anything not even satan so to me they are the same as athiests. I don't even consider them a religeon.
#11500 by Irminsul
Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:58 pm
Danielstevens2002 wrote:Also I dont' consider Satanism a religeon for the simple fact that they don't believe in anything not even satan so to me they are the same as athiests. I don't even consider them a religeon.

You almost have this one right. Satanism is a very MODERN religion, really begun in the 60's as a part of the counter-culture movement (see Anton LaVey and The Satanic Bible). However it is also the latest iteration of a centuries old practice by former or pissed off Christians to throw feces at Christianity. The "Black Mass" which entailed saying the Lords Prayer backwards and acts of debauchery in the rite, was originally dreamt up and performed by defrocked Priests who had an axe to grind with the Catholic Church.

Pagans/Witches don't recognize or believe in Satan. Satanism is a Christian heresy. You have to be a Christian first in order to believe in or practice Satanism.
#11506 by Danielstevens2002
Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:48 pm
Yeah I knew it was started in the 60's with Anton but I didn't know that it went as far back as you said it did. That is very interesting. Hmmm I wonder if back then it was labled as Satanism since it was people basically hating on the catholic church.

I mean they hated the catholic church but I mean did they hate the protestants as well? That would be interesting knowing of a case where someone was doing those things against the catholic church but then they went to a protestant church afterwards.

#11519 by Irminsul
Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:51 am
Well The Black Mass wasn't merely a statement against just the Catholic Church, it was a slap at Christianity in general. I cannot imagine those who participated in it showing up at a Protestant service. You have to remember back then that being a part of the upper clergy also meant extraordinary power and wealth, so being denied it for whatever reason could REALLY create a nasty vindictive enemy of the Church.

European Christianity (and American too for that matter) has always had this weird duality to it - in the most pious and moral circles you would also find the most debauched behavior. There is an old saying that the village priest was the first one to bugger a sheep.

Several years ago when I was in Scotland, I toured the great cathedral in Edinburgh, which is located right next to Edinburgh Castle at the top of the ancient cobblestone street they call "The Royal Mile". Anyway, the tour guide took us to this little hidden anteroom in a small house located in the rear of the cathedral, and said it was the weekly meetingplace for a group called "The Hellfire Club". Now the gents who belonged to this were the most upstanding, 'moral' guys in the community. But when they went into chambers, these paragons of community piety and morality smoked cigars, drank whiskey, banged whores and did other hedonist acts. And yes, showed up for Sunday services along with the rest of the village.

So when I remember that famous evangalist Jimmy Swaggart was literally caught with his pants down, and getting his bum paddled by Mistress Dominatria in a fleabag hotel, I don't register one wit of surprise. Quite to the contrary, it's the rule more than the exception.
#11523 by True_Calling
Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:43 am
Danielstevens2002 wrote:Here is the problem with that statement. 1. Lusting for someone in your heart means to fall in love. If you are married to someone yet you have dire feelings for another that my friend is adultery. 2. It only works if your married.

Find the real bible not some shotty translation.

I'm so glad you said that!!! You wanna argue with the Word, be my guest. I'll even line up just SOME of the major translations for you since I got it out of a "shotty" translation.

Matthew 5:28
(New International Version)
28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(Worldwide English (New Testament))
28But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and he wants her, then he has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(New American Standard Bible)
28but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(New International Reader's Version)
28 But here is what I tell you. Do not even look at a woman in the wrong way. Anyone who does has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(King James Version)
28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
(Amplified Bible)
28But I say to you that everyone who so much as looks at a woman with evil desire for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(The Message)
27-28"You know the next commandment pretty well, too: 'Don't go to bed with another's spouse.' But don't think you've preserved your virtue simply by staying out of bed. Your heart can be corrupted by lust even quicker than your body. Those leering looks you think nobody notices—they also corrupt.

IF YOU SAY that you're a Christians then of course you should be called to practice what is IN the Bible, if you are not professing to be a follower of Chirst who teaches us TO FORSAKE all other teaching, (not hate) then by all means, none of this applies to you.

Thanks again.
WWW.myspace.com/DITD1
#11529 by Danielstevens2002
Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:35 am
At the end of each of those it says withint his heart.... What gets in a mans heart? Lust is a feeling in the loins not the heart. I dont' know about you but when I was younger banging a chick I didn't think that my shlong was in love with her lol.

So again I say that it is not adultery to think of a women or even imagine having sex with her lol. It's when you are committed to one person and you fall in love with another.

Yet again you are reading all new versions buddy. When I said research I didn't say look at what is on the Borders book shelves lol. I was telling you to read the history and the corruption that comes with the " New Word". You can spout all those new trnaslations you want but they all got brought from the King James version.

Kin james version is not the actuall text believe it or not. King james actually censored alot of the original writings. Unless just maybe god told King james " ya know what.... I don't think that sounds right after a thousand years.... maybe we should spruce it up a bit? What do you think?"

I don't think that was the conversation that god and King James had one sunny day while fishing together. Bacn in those days people used the bible to get people to pay ungodly taxes as well as people in the church would black mail people of the town for money because they would know of there sins.

If you don't believe that then PLEASE I urge you to look it up. The version's that you are spoiuting off with all came from a time period when the church was more powerful then a king. They corrupted a piece of work that was handed from god and now people eat it up today like it's candy. It's sad really it is.

Again I say do some research. You obviously have time to look at all of those new versions why not take a look at where it all began? Read up on how they wanted to kill the monk who was translating the True bible in it's truest form because it would crush the church. He even wrote letters saying that he had to hide some of the pages and had feared that he had lost some of them from all the transporting of the scriptures.

Don't be scared to see what history there is with the bible. I can understand how it can throw you for a loop cause hell it threw me for one lol but it's out there.

#11531 by Irminsul
Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:43 am
Daniel I'll go further than that and say the King James Version Bible is a really lousy translation. Purposely so, for political reasons of the time.
#11538 by Danielstevens2002
Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:24 pm
The church back then was crazy about power. They loved the fact that they had ultimate rule over everyone. The taxes they would collect were ungodly amounts from people who didn't really make that much.

Also it's amazing to see how the church would say that people were possesed by satan if they did not pay the tax or the blackmail. Alot of people were killed for this reason and also they were exiled from there places of birth.

It's one of the many reasons why there is so much diversity in the blood lines of the world. Wasn't going to be that way but then all these high and mighty screwballs forced us out so we all found love in different area's of the world.

yet again I reiterate Faith is a journey that a man has to take on his own. Our ancestors lived that way and that is how we live today. I am actually glad that history happened the way it did though.

I am not saying I support those hypocrits one bit but if it weren't for them then who knows what would have happened. We would have all been slaves to a system run by a bunch of herotics.

We are already ruled by heretics but at least we have our individual freedoms lol.