This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#111751 by jangox
Mon May 17, 2010 12:04 am
[quote="90 dB
By the way, which Artcore do you have?[/quote]

I have an AM73.

#111783 by 90 dB
Mon May 17, 2010 10:46 am
jangox wrote:[quote="90 dB
By the way, which Artcore do you have?

I have an AM73.[/quote]

I've got one of the AS73's. Nice, isn't it? :D

#111935 by Skykrab
Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 pm
Ummm, NO! Not Yet!

#111994 by Dan72
Wed May 19, 2010 4:59 pm
To those who haven't had any luck with the site, it might be your location, or genre, or maybe attitude. Don't blame the site because nobody responds. Keep tryin', and by that I meen bug the crap out of people.

@ Metal D
Me and my drummers first bands were all metal or hardcore. But over the years, sucks to say, that genre is on a slow decline. Thanks to bands like Lamb Of God to try and keep it rolling. My nitch has always been metal,whether its the guitar style or vocal style, but like it or not I've had to do what it takes to keep playing(changing genres). So maybe just to keep playing you can open your mind to other opportunities while keeping the metal writing on the back burner for now.

Right now me and the guys will be doing our 80s,90s,and now covers and throw in Desperate Cry by Sepultura. Talk about an attention getter...
Just a suggestion brother,please don't be offended, after all we are all musicians with many differences here. I was kin :wink: da crafty in leaving my e-mail address in my band profile. Visit my profile and you'll see what I meen.

#111995 by Dan72
Wed May 19, 2010 5:08 pm
Oh yeah, WELCOME JANGOX!!!!!!
Give it time man, you'll get there. Our P.A. has a Mackie 16 channel mixer with all the bells and whistles with 12 slider pots, which definitely seems to do the job. Cost around $650 which is pretty good for all it does. Don't know if that helped at all but at least I'm answering ya. :)

#111996 by Dan72
Wed May 19, 2010 5:10 pm
@ Skykrab

Nice rig man...sooo when are you gonna record us?

#111998 by Dan72
Wed May 19, 2010 5:18 pm
Mary Dee wrote:Check out Mary Dee's music page ! The hottest female unsigned artist.
Look on my music page or see the myspace phenomenon at
www.reverbnation.com/marydee
www.myspace.com/lisaproduction1
songwriting/singer,model ,dancer
[email protected]

What the hell does this have to do with the subject. I checked it out, and Mary Dee is NOT the hottest unsigned artist..Opinions may vary....She's just trying to get site visits. Pretty lame and shameless to plug yourself on another site. I'm also on another site, but I wouldnt do that to bandmix.

#112074 by Metal D
Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm
Dan72 wrote:To those who haven't had any luck with the site, it might be your location, or genre, or maybe attitude. Don't blame the site because nobody responds. Keep tryin', and by that I meen bug the crap out of people.

@ Metal D
Me and my drummers first bands were all metal or hardcore. But over the years, sucks to say, that genre is on a slow decline. Thanks to bands like Lamb Of God to try and keep it rolling. My nitch has always been metal,whether its the guitar style or vocal style, but like it or not I've had to do what it takes to keep playing(changing genres). So maybe just to keep playing you can open your mind to other opportunities while keeping the metal writing on the back burner for now.

Right now me and the guys will be doing our 80s,90s,and now covers and throw in Desperate Cry by Sepultura. Talk about an attention getter...
Just a suggestion brother,please don't be offended, after all we are all musicians with many differences here. I was kin :wink: da crafty in leaving my e-mail address in my band profile. Visit my profile and you'll see what I meen.

I hear ya D-man. The last band that I was in was going in a good direction being primarily hard-rock/metal, but the singer didn't really have a great frontman voice and he was trying to get us to be the next Nickelback (yuck). Plus the drummer was his brother-in-law and even though I made him admit that Scott played the same beats to every song, he wouldn't get rid of him, so I left.

Turns out that the last 2 bands aren't doing well without me, but so be it. I know what I'm capeable of and so do the people around here, so I'm getting a TON of local people coming out of the wood-work and offerring to try out. So far I've found 2 really good drummers, my best-bud and writing partner left his band to come back and work with me, the one drummer's brother-in-law is an awesome bass player, and I've met 2 vocalists that are really gifted as well. The one is already in a big band that tours, but he came over the other night and I played my new material for him and he said that he'd leave that band to sing for Shawn and I. He reminds me of Phil from Pantera in his early days with that Cemetary Gates style of singing (awesome!).

In other words...I'm not complaining about this site not helping because these people aren't even on here. That's what it really comes down to in my case. I've been around enough and made enough of an impression on people that all it took was word-of-mouth to get things rollin'. After playing in the "Slave To Metal" tour with my last band and the Myspace Metal Review dude writing up a nice article about me and my playing...things are lookin' up in a big way.

Thanks again D-man! Rock on brother!!! :D

#113467 by CWE
Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Found a second guitarist for band within a week. He pulled in driveway with a grateful dead sticker on truck and we knew we had built a band from ground up starting right then. He has also become a really good friend. Bandmix worked.

Thanks.

CWE

#113658 by Alpha G
Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:47 pm
- deleted -
Last edited by Alpha G on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#114681 by jangox
Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:57 pm
90 db: Yes the artcore series from Ibanez are sweet guitars. It sounds great through the Randall RG200 I'm playing through at the moment. And very playable too.

Dan72: Yes, i live in a small town, which, i realize, has a lot to do with being unable to find the right people. It's very frustrating. Genrewise, i have a pretty broad taste though. Willing to do a variety of things.

And to everyone else, sorry if i sounded like I have a bad attitude, I really don't. :D

#117930 by Drumsinhisheart
Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am
Depending on how I look at it, the site has been very helpful in a number of ways. I'm jamming with some local musicians this week. I contacted the artist first. Also been asked to audition for a group, but logistical things didn't work for me.

Aside from finding musicians to work with though, which is what someone would obviously want from being here, I think the site has been helpful just to read things on the forum, check out profiles, and try to get an overall idea of what is out there, and how this side of the industry currently works. And you get a little exposure, which is always helpful.

#118725 by GibsonGuy_1977
Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:41 pm
I have not ONE TIME ever found a band or musicians on this crappy page!!!!!! People need to leave contact info!!!!!
[email protected] if u live in the worcester, ma area!
#125442 by ned towns
Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 am
GibsonGuy_1977 wrote:I have not ONE TIME ever found a band or musicians on this crappy page!!!!!! People need to leave contact info!!!!!
[email protected] if u live in the worcester, ma area!

I think bandmix is a good deal.
I think it's a good deal. most musician's local unions don't help you
find anybody. Ned Towns. Atlantic Records.