This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#16285 by JasonKirkness
Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:59 pm
Our guitar player, we'll call him Ryan, dislocated his knee on the third day of our tour. It was the night after a great opening spot for one of my favorite bands, and we were opening again for another one of his favorite bands. Third song in he goes down during his solo and i look over from my microphone and mouth "get up." He shook his head no.

We stopped playing and i went over to him. He said it's dislocated and i could tell from his face he wasn't lying. I went to the microphone and asked someone we'll call David to call an ambulance. 911 said they wouldn't come into the club, but asked if he could walk out. He said no and talked them into entering the club. At this point the young guitarist was in so much pain that sweat was forming on his lips and ears. Our bass player offered him a beer. Politely declined, of course.

When the paramedics arrived, nitrous was administered and Ryan offered one of our band mates a "hoot." The ambulance attendant popped the kneecap back it place. That was about the sickest thing i have ever seen from 2 feet away.

I went to the hospital in Surrey, BC and waited with all the other heroin addicts scratching themselves and muttering and screaming while our young guitar player was bandaged up.

We took 3 months off touring and attending physio 3 times a week. It was a wierd time for all of us. On the plus side we did go back on the road and toured several more times across western Canada.

no names or places have been changed

#16288 by Irminsul
Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:45 am
Sounds like a great story he can share one day with somebody at the Old Guitarists home.

#16289 by Guitaranatomy
Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:33 am
Painful story, lol. But it is a good one. I do not think his grand kids will want to hear it as much as an old war story someday, but it is good, lol.

#106349 by lockednloaded
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 am
Oh wow I didn't know that story was opened to the public...? Lol. Good times...

#106350 by lockednloaded
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:28 am
Oh, I should mention I'm that young guitarist.

#106530 by philbymon
Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:13 pm
LockNLoad wrote:Oh, I should mention I'm that young guitarist.
:shock:

Okay, I just hafta say that I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that your avatar is not your pic, you false advertiser, you!

:P

Sorry 'boutcher knee. Hope it all turned out well.

Welcome to the forum!

#107427 by lockednloaded
Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 pm
Lol sorry if I got your hopes up!! Actually my pic is on our band mix site, I just think the girly pic has a better poster mug than mine. Oh ya the knee is super thanks for asking.

#107430 by philbymon
Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:53 pm
Yeah, I saw that!

:D

#113884 by SteveJacquesRI
Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 pm
this happened to my brother's guitarist as well. I had booked and promoted a show bringing in 6 bands and over 600 people, so it was an awesome opportunity, they played 4th, prime spot on the line up... 2nd measure into the first song, the guitarist falls to the stage floor holding his knee, the bass player thought he was trying to be a rock star and do something cool, so he points and laughs. Next thing I know, I'm calling paramedics, he's screaming, the show's on hold, he gets taken away to a hospital, they never finished the set, such a bummer.

#120720 by Sathya
Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 am
Eh, it's debatable. It would depend on the degree of a fracture, a person's pain tolerance, and the damage done with the dislocated knee.

A lot of people confuse a dislocated patella with a dislocated knee. Dislocated knees are much more rare and dangerous. It's when the lower leg bones (tibia and fibula) shift out of position in relation to the thigh bone (femur). As a result, arteries and nerves can be damaged. Also, commonly, ligaments like the ACL is torn, which is a significant injury within itself. Immediate reduction is required to return blood flow to the foot if compromised. It's not as common and it takes a great force to dislocate your knee like in a car accident so I'm kind of leaning towards this one being more painful. Not only are your bones dislocating which is painful, your ligaments are being torn which held them together and there's risk for artery and nerve damage.

===============
Insurance |Accident Insurance

#120728 by philbymon
Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am
I'm beginning to think Shatya is a bot. A sick, twisted creation by someone with way too much time available, & way too few morals & no self control.

Spambots are made to be hated & ignored, much like the telemarketing-bots.

#120902 by gbheil
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 pm
Should be a way for BM to block this BM.