This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#10666 by Jampy
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:34 am
Yea, but we all know nothing in life is free, I have yet to sign up to pay for use of this site, it tends not to get a lot of movement, at least on this side of the border. I will keep my fingers crossed that something or someone will pop up soon..

:D

#10941 by Clarence Poirier
Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:49 am
I was very skeptical when I paid the premium ... think it was $10 US for one month but this was back in April 2007. Anwyway, despite many free sites in the Toronto GTA, keyboard players seem impossible to find. I ended up connecting with two and sucessfully recruited one into my band ... and then the lead singer decided to go solo a few months later!! lol

So, it can work and it seems the quality of musicians is higher here than on overhear.com or toronto.communitymusician.com ... but I;ve had success on those other sites to for free (just not with keyboard players).
#11102 by muzickmage
Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:21 am
Deleted Message
Last edited by muzickmage on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

#11142 by Jampy
Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:12 pm
That site is completely empty, is it new ??

I am sure to be back there as I enjoy many sites..

Thanks for the link

#11144 by Irminsul
Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 pm
This guys been spamming this whole site with his ads. Getting a little boring.
#11154 by muzickmage
Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:57 am
Deleted Message
Last edited by muzickmage on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
#11155 by muzickmage
Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:02 am
Deleted Message
Last edited by muzickmage on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

#11157 by Jampy
Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:22 am
Yikes....Please don't start any flame wars on my thread keep it in the PM's where it belongs..

Thank you

I am a lover not a fighter... :lol:
#11158 by muzickmage
Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:33 am
Deleted Message
Last edited by muzickmage on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
#11160 by Irminsul
Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:36 am
muzickmage wrote:Irminsul .... its a damn shame you have an offensive attitude ... for your such a great musician ..... your personal attacks on me are also getting a tad boring.

Are you not spamming your music here just as I am spamming my site.

Chill out there man ... whats with the attitude?

Musicians exposing their abilities and music on BandMix is called "using the site for the purpose it was meant".

A potential rival to BandMix using this site to badmouth it and pull away its paying users is called BAD MANNERS.

Thank about it.

#11169 by unicyclegirl
Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:35 pm
Wow, Irminsul... I think you scared him away!

#11171 by Irminsul
Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Sorry, I really detest that sort of thing.

#11172 by unicyclegirl
Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:02 pm
So do I. Shame he deleted his posts, I never read them and now I sorta wonder if he had anything interesting to say. Judging from your responses, not really. *sigh*
How are yor projects going? Found any musicians here yet?

#11173 by Irminsul
Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:39 pm
unicyclegirl wrote:
How are yor projects going? Found any musicians here yet?

As far as BandMix goes, all I've found is a potential collaboration online. Sadly, my state doesn't seem to have anyone on this forum besides myself so I'm not getting any hits that would result in some face to face stuff (which is what I'mreally after). Utah is a strange place when it comes to music performance. Tons of players, many of them amazingly good, but 95% of them are doing the same crap and its usually uninspired or rehashed pop. We have some players of ethnic music here but the only time you come in contact with them is the annual Living Traditions Festival, and even that is hit and miss.

So in the meantime I am continuing with the composition (piano, string quartet and various ensembles) while the search goes on.

What about you?

#11178 by unicyclegirl
Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 pm
What about you?

Well, because I live in portland, I can find tons of really interesting musicians and instruments.... I can guarantee I meet a different didgeridoo player every week, and just last week I met this amazing jaw harp player. I'm at a situation now where I am a "special guest" in my dad's world music band Kafana Klub which plays every week at a pizza place, so I get to play a few songs (only if I want to) and folkdance when I'm not playing. I like it, this way I don't have to stress about future gigs in far off places, or pay for gas, or deal with the spliting of the tip jar or the pay. I'd like to start my own band here though, or even just a practice group, so I've taken to haunting the local colleges for music students in need of extra credit. I've actually found a few interested people. We'll see how this turns out. I don't expect this site to help me find many world music enthusiasts (lots of christian contemporary, country, punk and metal here) but if I can just hear about other people's experiences in the music business, get artist recommendations, and chat about interesting topics, I think this site will serve me just fine.

Sorry to hear that utah doesn't have more to offer you. Good luck in you search!