This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#108682 by KLUGMO
Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 am
YOUR MUSIC ISN'T ON THIS SITE.
#108684 by Chippy
Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am
Erm only shows that you've posted one message here? Catch you on myspace.

Bobby carroll wrote::( What the hell? IVE BEEN POSTING ON THIS SITE FOR A MONTH OR TWO NOW TRYING TO FIND SOME BANDMATES TO HELP ME WITH MY ORIGINAL MATERIAL AND NOT A SINGLE BITE!!! WHAT? DOES MY MUSIC STINK OR SOMTHIN/

www.myspace.com/beaverbob741

#108685 by CraigMaxim
Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 am

I feel like I've just entered a surreal world or something.

First Klugmo's comment that he has no music on Bandmix, but complains whether his music is good or not. Then... Chippy's comments, that Bob has only posted once here, and he will check him out on MySpace.

So... OF COURSE... I had to check this guy out on MySpace!

Where...

I find out that Chippy is already a FRIEND of Bob's.... yet... Chippy is only one of THREE friends to Bob. Yep, Bob has only 3 friends... with "Tom of MySpace" being one, and MySpace Music being the other... so... Chippy is really his only friend!

If all this weren't enough...

I PLAYED THE FIRST SONG ON BOB'S MYSPACE!!!

"Dead Beatles"

I can't even begin to describe the INTRO!!!

SURREAL!!!

Starts with surreal intro... goes into Beatles being dead... then it's a love song... then talks about Jesus Christ later!!!!

I must admit... Kinda catchy though, once it gets into it!

Then it ends with some 50's style vocal harmonies!

Been an INTERESTING morning already!

#108689 by Robin1
Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm
Craig.....you seem to be having toooooo much fun with your new toy. I am alluding to your new emoticons!!

:lol:

BTW where did you get them?

#110237 by Bobby carroll
Sun May 02, 2010 3:47 am
yes its true i have no friends i didnt even know chippy was my freind

oh god i think im gonna cry

#110238 by Shredd6
Sun May 02, 2010 4:46 am
I would say it would help to put your music on this site, if you're looking for people on this site.

But I'm looking at your myspace right now, and I have a few suggestions. Just as a stranger on the outside looking in.

BAND MEMBERS: "me on guitar me on bass me on drums me on keys me on lead and backing vocals"

I would just put your name here and nothing else. This doesn't have the appearance of a team player. It looks as if everything you do when you get into a band will be all about you, and others will be just there to follow. Not saying that's what would happen, and I know people are proud when they do all instruments on recordings. But this isn't a good way to present that fact. Just put your name.

ABOUT BOBBY CARROLL:

"bobby carroll is an old world rocker with a brand new twist on the music industry, he likes to call his music realrock music from things that have directly been an influenced from his life relationships with differnt people "

Not a good thing to refer to yourself in the 3rd person. Once again, has the appearance that you're way into yourself. It's a big turn off to someone considering you as a band member. "I'm an old world rocker" would be much better for the introduction. "he likes", "his life", should all be changed. And "different" is spelled wrong. A typo thing, not a big deal, but not professional looking along with the 3rd person thing.

Two comments. both by you, commenting on how good you are. Extremely bad. Now you are REALLY into yourself. I would have moved on by now to look for another ad. I wouldn't wanna have to deal with the whole you,you,you, trifecta. Even if you were a total baddass. It's too much of a selfish personality being presented. You have to be a team player in ANY band, otherwise you'll be wasting everyone's time from the beginning to eventually being kicked out for it.

Design your page to be an interpretation of your persona visually. It goes a lot further than talking yourself up.

So, it may not always have to do with the music, it's also first impressions, and how you present it. Right now, your page is a train-wreck before even listening to one of the songs.

Your Bandmix page isn't as blingable, but it should have your music, some photos, maybe vids, describe what you're looking for, what you have equipment-wise, and definitely be a little less into yourself when describing yourself, your music, and what you're after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

Hope this helps man.

#110248 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 pm
Robin L , Craig is having fun aint that great.
#110493 by Bobby carroll
Tue May 04, 2010 12:13 am
to shredd6

thank you sir for your valuable input, your suggestions were clear and consistent,

it was very kind of you to give a sh*t and reply
I will indeed take ur idea,s to my site and change it accordingly.
as far as my spelling goes while all my freinds were in school i was rockin and gettin high franckly im surprised i can even read.

thanks again

Beaverbob

#110495 by CraigMaxim
Tue May 04, 2010 12:20 am
RobinL. wrote:
Craig.....you seem to be having toooooo much fun with your new toy. I am alluding to your new emoticons!!

:lol:

BTW where did you get them?

Oops, sorry Robin... I just find them on the internet, or through Google Images. But some have "transparent backgrounds" which makes them work on ANY COLOR background, and those are the ones I look for, for these forums.

#110496 by CraigMaxim
Tue May 04, 2010 12:23 am
Bobby carroll wrote:while all my freinds were in school i was rockin and gettin high franckly im surprised i can even read.

LOL

Maybe if politicians smoked weed, they would chill the f*ck out?

Just a thought.

#110507 by FunkDealer
Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 am
Holy Cow, I have never heard Georgia rock before. :shock:
#110530 by Slacker G
Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm
[/quote]Maybe if politicians smoked weed, they would chill the f*ck out? Just a thought.[/b]

Isn't that where most of the screwballs in politics today started? From the druggy days of old? Free love and all that...... Their brains simply never healed from the experience. Stupid doesn't change with age. These power crazed morons in charge should prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

#110534 by KLUGMO
Tue May 04, 2010 3:39 pm
I wont listen to your music because you didn't use the Bandmix site, but if I did I would say you sound exactly like Grand Funk Railroad without the keyboard.
#110545 by CraigMaxim
Tue May 04, 2010 5:52 pm
Slacker G wrote:
Isn't that where most of the screwballs in politics today started? From the druggy days of old?

True, but what was lacking is for the OTHER world leaders to be smoking WITH OUR SCREWBALLS!