This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#43977 by gbheil
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 am
Cool!
Go get em now!

#52570 by JAYW
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 am
site has helped me a ton! lots of people have contacted me and I met up with several. I recently joined a band called Eldebrock. Check us out at Eldebrock.net.

#109567 by FernieDrums
Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 am
This site is great, I just wish more people knew about it! There is NO ONE on this site from my town or even close by, and I know there are a lot of musicians in my town. Regarding the Premier membership, I bought it for one month just to try it out, and no problems with the credit card or anything, they only charged me for the one month (I think it was like $10 or something, not much money). The reason they need to charge for this site is so that they can pay to advertise on other sites to increase the popularity of this site. Although everyone I talk to has never heard of the site, so if you're reading this, figure out some ways to advertise bandmix.ca

#111946 by Samuel Sangster
Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 pm
:cry: It is useful but no one's joinin'...

#112470 by Dajax
Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 pm
hasn't helped me find anyone in the real world, has led to a couple of online collaborations

#112575 by Mark 222
Wed May 26, 2010 4:12 pm
I think this site is good for seeing others in my area, but am not having much luck so far in being able to contact others...

"hasn't helped me find anyone in the real world, has led to a couple of online collaborations"
I hear you, dude... you are in Ajax, too?

#116959 by uoft93
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:53 pm
This site has been helpful lately, in networking with other local musicians. It has not seemed to help me get exposure though, based on how many looks my profile actually gets.

#116964 by gbheil
Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:18 pm
Yes, not an ideal exposure tool as most of us here have similar goals.
Bands and or musicians looking to move forward in our chosen fields of endeavor.

I have made some contacts here that have led to some really nice gigs.
Networking is the master key. But it requires more than electronic contacts.
You must be ready willing and able to put rubber on the road and leather on the side walk.

Or stay home and wank in your closet.
#147988 by GFanthome
Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:43 pm
I just joined and I'm trying something a bit different, so I hope it works out.

I'm a drummer whose played in a helluva lot of bands and have written a novel about the music scene in the mid- to late-1970s. Right now, I'm scoping around for readers to check out sample chapters that I'm posting on my blog. If you wanna check it out, please do - and leave a comment if you like what you read:

http://gfanthome.wordpress.com

Cheerz!
#148543 by Brad1954
Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 am
I keep contacting musicians. A few have got back to me but nothing ever works out. Always seems to be something. I know I will find some players sooner or later. In 10 years I will retire and search full time.
Maybe I'll get back to you then. :?

#151384 by Whytelightning
Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:30 pm
Just joined the site, I've put out some requests, but nothing yet. I realize it takes a while to get responses b/c musicians are usually busy composing and playing, not hanging out on the internet! that said, I hope to find some good additions to our band.
In the meantime, I'll be honing my skills and practising some cover sets so we're ready to go when the right people come around.

#151652 by Starfish Scott
Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 am
Ok forum, lousy place to find other musicians.

#152978 by StevieSosa
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:38 am
I think this sites a great idea. but the premium member business is nonsense to me. its hard to collaborate with others in the area, if you can't contact them.....

#152991 by Juno110
Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm
Hey guys,
I am a member of both bandmix and another, more localized, site that takes a slightly different approach to solving this problem. It's more like a dating site where your status, styles and talents get matched together with local matches. Most importantly its free to contact people. However you can choose to run a classified ad for a small fee to improve responses.

Might be worth a shot for some of you or at least to compare.

check it out at, nettuned (dot) com