This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#107708 by jw123
Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:14 pm
Philby I hate to say it but it just sounds like your son is railroading you. Its your grandkid and all but they should restructure thier lives to take care of thier own without expecting you to do all that, especially if its bothering you.

Maybe its time to sit down and have a real long heart to heart.

#107710 by philbymon
Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm
Ya kow, that's occured to me in a few moments of doubt, but I do know my boy.

He ain't railroading me. He's been trying to get a better shift for 2 years, but it's been a hard battle for him. The nature of his co requires his hours to cover a lot of west coast time. He deals with a lot of retail co's, & no one has any exclusively east coast customers in the co.

My wife has the same problems, btw. She also works there.

It doesn't really bother me all that much, though I do find it somewhat limiting in my search for my own work. I feel the need to work around the needs of my family in this, & truthfully, I'd hafta say it doesn't really bother me all that much. I'd rather Jace spend time with me than with more strangers, ya know?

I wish I could have spent more time with my mother's dad when I was a kid. He was a great guy who could have taught me a whole lot. I relish having the time to spend with Jace, for that, if for nothing else. It's nice to know (or hope) that he may remember these times long after I'm gone.

#107712 by J-HALEY
Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 pm
Phil you and George and any other men on here that take care and watch your grandkids are better men than about 99% of the rest of us. I have 4 kids of my own and 2 step sons. Mine range in age from 29,28,18, and 16 my 2 step sons are 17 and 15. Aside from the thousands we have payed in lawywers fee's when they get into a little mischevious trouble (its not like it was when we were kids) you have to have lawyers! :x It hasn't been that bad YET. :shock:
Aside from the problems they have been I wouldn't trade them for all of the freedom in the world! But then again I don't have any grand kids YET :shock:

#107713 by philbymon
Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:54 pm
Yeah, JH. I'm pretty damned proud of my "motherhood," as I call it, & I think I do a very good job, & the ppl that work with Jace's special needs agree, & tell me how good I am for him all the time. That feels really good.

I think I'm gonna go take some pics. The redbuds are in bloom, & Jace LOVES the pink trees! He points them out on our every walk or drive, & the woods are FULL of them right now.

#107717 by jw123
Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 pm
Philby, I know you were just venting.

I dont have any grandkids, but my gf does so Im getting a little dose of that.

On the flip side, I think its always best for a family member to interact with kids than just sending them to a babysitter. So my hat is off to you for doing what you do! If you are able to do that then its probably better than any job you might get. Kids get up and go at some point and when that happens its over, as far as family interaction.

My own son is turning 18 soon and getting ready for college so I wont be seeing him as much as Im used too.

#107773 by philbymon
Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 pm
Thank you, JW & JH.

sans - I hope you're feeling better today!

I think (I hope!) I got some pretty nice pics today! If I ever figger out how to work that damned Photo Bucket thingie, I'll post some for you!

#107774 by gbheil
Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 pm
Yes. I am weak but well again.
Work tomorrow, first day this week.
Jeanette and I would much prefer to see our grandchildren on our terms. But I know my daughter has worked hard to get where she is in Nursing. She's soon to be moving to another town where she will have other family to assist. We'll will probably miss seeing Andrew as often. But maybe when it's not at the end of a hard day the time we spend with him will be better for all concerned.
Ya know how kids can be when they are tired.
Grandparents can be that way too.
#107788 by Markallensolo
Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm
LOL! Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure I'll remember this the next time I have sex.

#107844 by Black57
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 am
I'm still in labor with my first child and she's 28.
#107848 by philbymon
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:57 am
Markallensolo wrote:LOL! Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure I'll remember this the next time I have sex.

Yep. If you make a life, you are responsible for that life, & every life it touches & creates. Choose carefully!

Black57 wrote:I'm still in labor with my first child and she's 28.

LOL

I can only relate from a male's point of view on that, but yeah, I get where you're coming from! My son's 26, but he'll ALWAYS be "my boy!"

#108012 by gbheil
Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Is that what Jeanette's problem is??

I thought she had Grandma-itis. :lol:

#108289 by Black57
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 am
sanshouheil wrote:

Is that what Jeanette's problem is??

I thought she had Grandma-itis. :lol:

No Sans, she's still in labor. Take her to a spa or a bed and breakfast so that she can shake it off.
:wink: