This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#104110 by philbymon
Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:53 pm
This is easy...

lead & rhythm guitars - Crip & JW - 2 of the hardest working pro players in BM

keys - Prevost - total pro

bass - me &/or Pocket Grooves - he's damned good

drums - my present drummer Mike - yeah, I'm that satisfied

I'd switch off between bass & rhythm, on my own songs

lead & b/u vox - me, Paul, Greenie, JH, & Robin - this combo'd be pretty interesting, esp with Paul & Jh's extra instrumentation abilities

flutes & pipes & such - celticpiper (yeah, there's a few tunes of mine where they'd fit perfectly)

Screw the pros! They have had thier chance. This band would KILL! Our original naterial would also be rather eclectic, which I LOVE!

That's it! This is an open invitiation for all of you! Come to WV for a week & we could do amazingly great things, I'm so sure!

#104164 by ryckykay86
Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:12 pm
Kramerguy wrote:I actually meant the SRV thing as a compliment - as he's made me feel about 2" tall after listening to his stuff, so I figure if I were playing in the ultimate band, that he wouldn't be allowed to show me up :)

hahaha thats actually quite brilliant

#104180 by Groove-in
Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm
Charlie Watts- Drums
Larry Mason- Bass Guitar, (He is my good friend and musician) I just found out he has cancer. He is an awsome Bass player, he and I, have played many gigs together.

#104185 by Chippy
Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 pm
Very simple for me and not in any order of preference.

Phil Collins
Peter Gabriel
Steve Hackett
Daryl Stuermer
Mike Rutherford
Chester Thompson
Tony Banks (Of course!)

Been listening to their stuff all my life, both day and night and this is just pure bias of course but to me anyway there hasn't been a band that could touch them with the acceptance of but a few, but even then either.

Could I play with them? Nah are you kidding me, although it was a childhood dream once.
These people are my choice. They always will be, that's me. :wink:

#106552 by Harlan fitzpatric
Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:26 pm
the hole lynard skynard band from 1970 to 2010

#106555 by Iain Hamilton
Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:35 pm
5 more of me ;)

#106625 by bundydude
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 am
me - Lead Vocals
Jeff Loomis - Guitar
Chris Broderick - Guitar
Steve DiGiorgio - Bass
Gene Hoglan - Drums

I'd blow my nut everytime I walked into the practice room. The only negative I can think of; I'd probably never get to use any of my material, then again, why would I need to. Guess I'd have to do a solo project...LOL!

#106627 by Krul
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am
Iain Hamilton wrote:5 more of me ;)

If only cloning was available right? :wink: :)

#106628 by Krul
Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 am
bundydude wrote:me - Lead Vocals
Jeff Loomis - Guitar
Chris Broderick - Guitar
Steve DiGiorgio - Bass
Gene Hoglan - Drums

I'd blow my nut everytime I walked into the practice room. The only negative I can think of; I'd probably never get to use any of my material, then again, why would I need to. Guess I'd have to do a solo project...LOL!

That would be the sickest group of musicians to have backing you! :shock:

#106642 by 1collaborator
Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm
Phil , I think your moving in the right direction here. That would be an awsome band for sure. I think all the pro musicians mentioned would be too hard to get anything they havn't done already. The band your building would more likely hit on something new. Thanks B-mix !

Building another day in Paradise !!!

#106647 by Iain Hamilton
Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:59 pm
philbymon wrote:This is easy...
lead & b/u vox - me, Paul, Greenie, JH, & Robin - this combo'd be pretty interesting, esp with Paul & Jh's extra instrumentation abilities

Feel left out there a little phil :( :wink:

#106684 by philbymon
Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:37 pm
Iain Hamilton wrote:

Feel left out there a little phil :( :wink:

LOL

At least I included other ppl in my band, Iain. I realize it ain't all about me.

:P

#106736 by Iain Hamilton
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:00 pm
haha! See Phil, i can't even get into an imaginary band, Guess i'm still solo then :( :wink:

#106739 by Greeniemagic
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:19 pm
Iain Hamilton wrote:haha! See Phil, i can't even get into an imaginary band, Guess i'm still solo then :( :wink:

Obviously one of those creative types that people can't work with then :wink:

#106740 by Greeniemagic
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm

lead & rhythm guitars - Crip & JW - 2 of the hardest working pro players in BM

keys - Prevost - total pro

bass - me &/or Pocket Grooves - he's damned good

drums - my present drummer Mike - yeah, I'm that satisfied

I'd switch off between bass & rhythm, on my own songs

flutes & pipes & such - celticpiper (yeah, there's a few tunes of mine where they'd fit perfectly)

Screw the pros! They have had thier chance. This band would KILL! Our original naterial would also be rather eclectic, which I LOVE!

That's it! This is an open invitiation for all of you! Come to WV for a week & we could do amazingly great things, I'm so sure!

Thanks for the mention Phil. Perhaps your imaginary band should do an online collab one day to see what would happen lol