This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#105389 by Jerk Face
Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:48 am
It has not so far. I've only been on here for a few weeks and so far there aren't any bands in my area looking for a guy who sounds like a blend of Phil Anselmo and Johnny Cash. I am also interested in forming a band, So if you are within 25-50 miles of Irving TX and want to form a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band, lemme know!

#105423 by Starfish Scott
Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm
Hang in there!

I just ran into my namesake in ASbury, NJ>.

He claims to be similar to you, a combo of johnny cash and pepper from COC and HE is doing very well thanx.

I just wish I was in as good an artistic condition as he, as evidently he works ALL THE TIME>.

SSDD/different strokes for different folks.

#105428 by ColorsFade
Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm
I had been playing guitar for about 15-16 years before I found Bandmix. I had just been acquiring gear and playing in my basement.

Then, a couple years ago, I decided to get serious and start playing with other musicians and get a band started.

A local drummer found me on Bandmix and my first band was born.

We eventually parted ways, but he ended up being a really good guy and a good friend.

So yeah, Bandmix helped me. It got me out of my basement and got me started. Now I play in two bands and have a third one that wants me to play lead... I'm plugged into the local scene and in demand. That's a cool feeling.

#105565 by mhennessy
Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 pm
So far, it has not worked yet. Some people have found me, but they're looking to play on a more professional level than I can offer right now. But I am still very hopeful!! I know that the right musicians are out there to play on a more fun level, and I'm really hoping bandmix can help me find them!! :)

#105920 by Guitarist5150
Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:30 pm
I have had no luck. I find it hard to believe. Seems to me there is a large number of people "looking" but they may not be looking deep enough or really is not that important. For thore who read this, take a look at my profile and at the very least give me some feedback via a message. Although i am currently with an band, I have time to commit to a serious project. Maybe its that Im already involved or my recorded sample tracks are unattractive. Feedback appreciated!!!!!

Tom

#106915 by Dan72
Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 pm
@Tom
I have had no luck. I find it hard to believe. Seems to me there is a large number of people "looking"

I agree with you about the "looking" part. As I first posted, we were looking for a SERIOUS bass player and within the first week of the ad we got a message right here at this site from a local guy who came and auditioned and was in the first night. All it takes is communication people...leave a message on a members profile if you're interested, thats what its there for. If you still don't believe go to my profile page and check it out.

I believe most of the folks are just shy, or feel they are not good enough, or vice versa, they think they're the sh*t. Can't be like that, take a chance, it might work out for you, worked for me. And if not, well.........
#106971 by Guitarist5150
Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:04 am
I have left a number of messages and not one response. I will keep doing my part. I have some live and computer recorded songs and samples showing diversity and ability. Im a player. Maybe your right about the people being shy factor. Iv'e got a gig but I want to do original music and they just don't have the time. Hopefully I will get with some people sooner rather than later!!

Tom

#106988 by 90 dB
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 pm
We got a decent gig after about one month on Bandmix. So far, so good. :)

#106996 by gbheil
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 pm
For far too many people "looking" is a passive experience.
Been looking for a job ... from the couch with a beer in his hand.
Been looking for a band / musicians ... by reading some adds here or there.
Not a condemnation of anyone in particular.
Just an observation of human nature.

Looking is an ACTION WORD according to my old English teacher.

My fortune cookie the other day said:
Providence smiles most on those in motion.

We can all take a lesson from that, cant we?

#106999 by Crip2Nite
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:54 pm
It hasn't..... but I like the forums.... :D

#107000 by Dan72
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:55 pm
Good Luck Tom.

Nicely put sanshouheil.

Me and the guys are already about 3 weeks from gigging. Got the venues lined up, just polishing the sets and we're good to go. Any members in Palm Beach County,Fl. I'll keep you posted on venues, times, and dates.

#107001 by Dan72
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 pm
Good Luck Tom.

Nicely put sanshouheil.

Me and the guys are already about 3 weeks from gigging. Got the venues lined up, just polishing the sets and we're good to go. Any members in Palm Beach County,Fl. I'll keep you posted on venues, times, and dates.

#107002 by Dan72
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 pm
Good Luck Tom.

Nicely put sanshouheil.

#107003 by Dan72
Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:02 pm
I don't know why my reply popped up 3 times,3 times, 3 times......sorry everybody. :shock:

#107005 by philbymon
Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:05 pm
S'okay, man. My lead singer stutters, so I'm used to it

:wink: