This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#104 by kornbread
Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:29 am
:mrgreen:why is it so hard to find dedicated musicians?Ive been searching for 5 years and still no luck.

#105 by squirrelmaster
Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:38 am
It is difficult to find that one person who would think of themselves as a musician first and their bread and butter job second. That is probably because no one these days thinks there can be a good divide between the two. They only do the "band " thing because it uses spare time. Most people these days don't have spare time. Keep up the good hunt though. Us dedicated musicians are still out there to be found... :wink:

#106 by spyder guitar
Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:09 am
I'm going on 8 years trying to find the right musisians I just found a drummer now I'm trying to find a bassist it sucks.

#107 by evildoing
Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:16 pm
yeh it pretty much sucks on my end too, see i do rock/industrial/metal...whatever..but i do vocals so most of the times guys are being picky (no offense) and don't want a chic vocalist. hey just because we dont have balls doesn't mean we cant rock out too...Hope you find some bad-ass people..!!

#108 by spyder guitar
Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:38 am
yea things have change in the last 11 years from what I noticed.
it seems nobody has the patience to play music everybody is in a rush
and everybody from the drummer to bassist all write their own songs now everybody thinks they have the better direction ,write the better songs and thnk they know it all in the musical almighty.

I know that there's a place for everyone in music ,but the musicians of today are just plain EGOTISTICAL and f**k SELFISH and 99.9% haven't got a clue to what direction to go in ....no wonder music sucks today.

#111 by RMORIALLI
Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:27 pm
[quote="evildoing"]yeh it pretty much sucks on my end too, see i do rock/industrial/metal...whatever..but i do vocals so most of the times guys are being picky (no offense) and don't want a chic vocalist. hey just because we dont have balls doesn't mean we cant rock out too...Hope you find some bad-ass people..!![/quote]

I'll tell you what......I am dieing to find a great female vocalist with a stage show. You know, in the "front man" format of the 80's. It is extremely hard to find serious musicians here in Memphis as well. I have been looking for 3 years now, andno luck. I will find a good Bass player, but while I am looking for a drummer, the Bass player will go play with someone else. It happens this way every time.

PLUS, as far as it being a "spare time" thing...............most musicians are not willing to put it all on the line and take a big risk. Playing professionally requires great dedication, and a lot of paying the bills late. I am still looking for a tour band, I will find it one way or another, but it gets very frustrating. I am a perfectionist too, and that makes it even harder to find what I am looking for. Just keep the faith sister!

#112 by RMORIALLI
Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:46 pm
[quote="spyder guitar"]yea things have change in the last 11 years from what I noticed.
it seems nobody has the patience to play music everybody is in a rush
and everybody from the drummer to bassist all write their own songs now everybody thinks they have the better direction ,write the better songs and thnk they know it all in the musical almighty.

I know that there's a place for everyone in music ,but the musicians of today are just plain EGOTISTICAL and f**k SELFISH and 99.9% haven't got a clue to what direction to go in ....no wonder music sucks today.[/quote]

You are 100% CORRECT. I am from the old school of Rock. Where we ALL dedicated our entire lives to playing music, and we had MUCH better bands back in the day. The bands today all sound like Creed to me, heh heh. The main probelm as I see it is that no one is willing to take the time to find a great front man with a unique voice signature. That's why they all sound the same now........no vocal range.........too much screaming.........and NO stage show. The 80's had so much to offer as far as real Rock Stars go, and the guitarists were ten times as talented as todays guitarists. Too bad that MTV ruined it for us all. Hell, I have seen quite a few so-called Rock Bands today with NO LEAD GUITARIST!!! I mean.....WTF????? Rock and Roll with no lead guitarist tearing it up in front of 15,000 screaming fans?

The music world today is looking for something, and they don't know what it is......they have forgotten what a real Rock Star or a real unique Band is. I intend to bring all that back to the music, if it takes me 10 more years to find the right musicians.

This generation has been taught that "you can do anything if you put your mind to it"...........THAT IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF HOG WASH I HAVE EVER HEARD! It is killing the music industry, and I am ashamed of what I am seeing and hearing on these TV reality music shows. The worst part is......they actually think that they are great! I have always said that false praise by parents, and friends, and by Kareoke bars etc. is the worst thing and the cruelist thing that you can do to a person. It makes them blind to their short commings.

You are born with talent, and no matter HOW hard you try, if you don't have it...............you just don'thave it. It really frustrates me to go to an audition and see how terrible the players and singers are. And they want to tell ME about dedication and hard work!! So, now I audition THEM before I even play my guitar for their band. It cuts through the chase, and wastes a lot less time. It is a very sad state of affairs.

It's time for the music world to realize that there are very few outstanding musicians and vocalists in the world that are "Star Potential"............as it very well SHOULD be. Maybe one in a million vocalists or bands are worthy of being truly successful and play to sold crowds on Arena Tours. It has always been that way.......think about it. A star is a very coveted thing, and is supposed to be very hard to accomplish.

Music is NOT an easy way out of working for a living........far from the truth. Music is one of the hardest ways to make a living out there. I blew my first chance due to drug abuse, and I have been paying for that mistake for a very long time. But the music world has opened up and is giving us old school rockers a second chance. I am very interested to see how it all works out.

Look at Motley Crue..........sold out everywhere they go. And they were FAR from the cream of the crop in 80's hard rock. But people are starving for a great show, and Motley Crue knows exactly what their fans want. The Carnival Of Sins Tour was great, and I left there fulfilled and very glad I went to see them, as was everyone else there.

And what is this American Idol CRAP? I have never seen so many untalented people in all my life. No truly talented musician would EVER even consider going on American Idol. It is a political, absurd, ignorant attempt to let "America" vote for what they think is Star Potential. America doesn't have a CLUE what they are looking for right now, they only know that they are hungry for something. It is a total joke as far as the majority of great musicians and vocalists are concerned. The winners have never become stars, not even close.
Last edited by RMORIALLI on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#109 by rmalott74
Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:06 am
All I can say to this post is this AMEN!!! I used to sing with a hard rock band. We did alot of originals and covers from the late 70's to early 90's... Tons of 80's stuff. Why? Because we had a guitarist who could actually rip some jaw dropping solos and a singer, well not to brag... but hell, I've got range and stage presence. We could never find a solid drummer to complete the package though. As far as the 80's rock style, you cant find that anywhere today! Everyone out there sounds like some Creed or late Metallica ripoff. No one can sing, no one can play. I'm looking to find some serious musicians in lower Michigan. If you want a sample of what I can do with originals, check out driven obsession on cornerband.com... that is, if it's still out there. Later,
~Rick

#110 by GUITARMEDIC
Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:22 am
heh,,, good musicians are hard to come by. i had to teach my bass player how to play. with the inability to make a living without working eighty hours a week, you have to choose between livin a dream or buyin diapers. good luck

#113 by RMORIALLI
Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:48 pm
[quote="GUITARMEDIC"]heh,,, good musicians are hard to come by. i had to teach my bass player how to play. with the inability to make a living without working eighty hours a week, you have to choose between livin a dream or buyin diapers. good luck[/quote]

There is a happy (or not so happy) medium to solve this problem. Right now I am going to have to work my 9 to 5 job while I am working on my originals. One big problem is that working bands don't want to take what precious little personal time they have to work on their originals. After all....to be a successful "copy band" you have to always be learning more copy songs to add to your song list, which leaves very little time to work on originals. As a matter of fact, you don't have any personal time if you want to be successful in finishing your originals AND keep up with your copy song list too. It is very hard to become successful this way.

However, if you all work a 9 to 5 job while you are playing on weekends as a copy band, you have the time to work on your originals during the week. I know it is a very crowded schedule, but nobody said it would be easy. The wives are a big problem when you dedicate all your personal time to music. OR....you can work your 9 to 5, and solely work on all originals and finish that CD in the quickest possible time.

I have found this to be the best way to aproach this IF you have a wife and kid(s) and need to dedicate some time to them as well. There is NO easy way to do it, and your personal life greatly affects the choices you have. I for one, can choose either way to go at it, but most do not have that luxury.

#2321 by Irminsul
Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:57 pm
The paradigm has changed in a major way. It's no longer the era of a handful of hapless comrades dedicating themselves to something and sticking to it, through thick thin and thinner. It is the age of technology, endless options, fleeting collaborations and rapid fire media assailing the senses...sometimes to a point of numbness.

Not saying thats my perfect world, just the facts.
#2334 by Guest
Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:51 am
like the guy said vidio killed the radio star these big production outfits have aformula beat on trash cans and put a hlf naked girl out there shakin that thing now thats entertainment no its not it garbage gota sell those burgers!

#2365 by Irminsul
Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:18 pm
You hit it on the head. That's why Madonna got more famous for springing out of the top of a giant penis than, say, that years winner in the Gina Bachauer piano competition.

#2557 by Sexy_Female_Rock_sin
Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:56 pm
I guess i cant really say anything, i have only been looking for people to start a band with me for 2 years, no body sees raw talent anymore WHERE IS THE RAW TALENT????? :twisted: