This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#87455 by Black57
Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:56 pm
Can I make a suggestion? I would like to go last. That way it would be easier for me to put my flute in the most ideal places. PLUS, give me a little space where I can "shred" :roll:

#87534 by ryckykay86
Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm
sounds good to me. rip it.

#93189 by HeyDelilah
Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 am
I've been cyberjamming for many years. All except one of these songs were recorded with people over the interent.
http://thesurlybarber.com/recordings_-_mp3s

I'd be happy to teach anyone how to do it, as long as you're using Windows XP and not Vista.

#93194 by mtglass
Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:10 pm
I use Audacity, too. Kramerguy has a point. A click track is nice. But instead of just exporting the sum as MP3 and passing it along, also select and export the track you want to add and send it back to the originator. That way he can build a real project file and remix it. Make sense?

#93261 by gtZip
Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:39 am
Kramer, barre chords bother me too after awhile.
Even just hitting a root/5th at a fast tempo for an extened time makes me hurt. (lift, compress, lift compress, that sort of thing.)
I may have an issue developing, but dont have one that I know of. No surgeries, or breakages or anything either.
I think its just muscular fatigue. Barre chords are probably what I do the least of.
In my case, probably just lazy bastard muscles.

ryckykay86, I havent done anything like this in quite awhile now, so I'd
like to take a crack at it too.

#93445 by ryckykay86
Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:28 pm
mtglass wrote:I use Audacity, too. Kramerguy has a point. A click track is nice. But instead of just exporting the sum as MP3 and passing it along, also select and export the track you want to add and send it back to the originator. That way he can build a real project file and remix it. Make sense?

i use audacity but im not the most computer saavy so im not sure how to export files and upload them, lol im an idiot

#93510 by gtZip
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:42 am
ryckykay86 wrote:
mtglass wrote:I use Audacity, too. Kramerguy has a point. A click track is nice. But instead of just exporting the sum as MP3 and passing it along, also select and export the track you want to add and send it back to the originator. That way he can build a real project file and remix it. Make sense?

i use audacity but im not the most computer saavy so im not sure how to export files and upload them, lol im an idiot

Download iTunes.
It can convert .Wav files to MP3 if you use windows.
Or AIFF files to MP3 if you use Mac.

Once your file is converted to MP3, you can upload it to your bandmix profile.

#100128 by bassnoodle
Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 pm
I'm new to this site, but read this post and it got me a bit interested. I've also thought it would be fun to do this kind of thing with other people. I play bass, if any of you are looking for that. I record using Audacity & a 16-ch board into the PC via USB. It'd be an interesting experiment anyway...

and as a side note.. wouldn't it be funny to create & sell an album where none of the musicians have ever met? hahaha :wink:

#100326 by gtZip
Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 am
bassnoodle wrote:I'm new to this site, but read this post and it got me a bit interested. I've also thought it would be fun to do this kind of thing with other people. I play bass, if any of you are looking for that. I record using Audacity & a 16-ch board into the PC via USB. It'd be an interesting experiment anyway...

and as a side note.. wouldn't it be funny to create & sell an album where none of the musicians have ever met? hahaha :wink:

And we shall call it 'Seorsum'

#100899 by cloudy
Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:39 pm
Check out kompoze.com - big, active international community and a good interface for building songs. Plenty of tutorials and helpful folks in the forums. I've been working on two songs on their site, it's really - REALLY - addictive.

If you're a good player and start posting, you WILL get inundated with "invites" to add to songs - but that will make you feel good.

There's also something like "minimum noise", google it. Kompoze is pretty cool though.

#102019 by In Motionless
Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 pm
We did this off a message board and it worked really well, the prrof is here:
http://www.myspace.com/sludgenaid

But it was done by sending the basic track to each person and that person would send their part back to the original guy, the guy with the ability to mix it well. He took all the parts and even tho it was a parody song, it came out really good.