This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#100423 by Weeeeee!
Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:19 am
Just posted a new fusion tune on my profile, under videos. It's the one called "Flying."

#100429 by gbheil
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 am
Sweet!
Ron.
Thanks or posting that.
Wish the lighting had been better on the video. I enjoyed watching your technique as much as the music. :D

#100469 by Sir Jamsalot
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm
Loved it!
What are you using to get your tone?

#100470 by Weeeeee!
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:20 pm
I'm playing stereo through an Egnater 4212, and a Marshall MG100 with a new Boss ME-70. I'm close to getting it dialed in.

#100472 by jimmydanger
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 pm
Very cool Spaceman. I just got an ME-70 last fall, I like it a lot. Are you using the optional footswitch to control compression, etc?

#100473 by J-HALEY
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 pm
Thats some killer tone and kickass chops! How do you like that Egnater Tourmaster?. I am looking at getting a new amp and I was kind of leaning toward the Egnater Rebel 30. Any thoughts?

#100520 by Weeeeee!
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:52 am
No. I'm just using a crybaby Wah and a combination of the ME-70/Egnater/Marshall. I just had to play around for a few weeks to find some sweet spots. I'm still working the bugs out of my rig. It's weird because my ear gets tired of tones real fast. So, the tone I like today, I will probably hate in a week or two. I switch up using stomp boxes and multi-effects processors in various configurations.

Man... I absolutely love the Egnater products. Most musicians have never even heard of them... Ha! I bought it at Guitar Center and the guys there were talking about how they didn't have enough X, Y or Z. LOL! I just shrugged and giggled. Imo... louder doesn't make you better; in fact, I believe that high amplitude kills tone. The Egnater has lots of tone. If it's not loud enough, mic it. Duh! I've used many amps over the years, but love the versatility of the Egnater amps. The Rebel 30 is a high quality tube amp... are you looking at the 1x12, 2x12 combos or the head?

If I was planning on getting real serious again, I'd probably rack a Mod50 and a Randall stereo power amp. However, I love my day-job and I'm getting up there in age, so it would have to be a pretty sweet deal to ever get me in another bus. :wink:

#100530 by J-HALEY
Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:41 pm
I was looking at the 2x12 combo. I play classic rock, 80's hair band & variety music and really like the tube mix function and the versatility of the amp. I also am getting old (don't tell anyone though) LOL! so I really want to get something that is not to heavy but at the same time something I can crank up if I want to. I am not into 100 watt heads anymore. I am a strong believer that you should put a good mic. on your amp keep your stage volume at a reasonable level and let the p.a. and soundman do the work.

#100545 by Koolin82
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm
Excellent tune spaceman. I really enjoyed that. 8)

#100552 by Weeeeee!
Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm
J-HALEY wrote:I was looking at the 2x12 combo. I play classic rock, 80's hair band & variety music and really like the tube mix function and the versatility of the amp. I also am getting old (don't tell anyone though) LOL! so I really want to get something that is not to heavy but at the same time something I can crank up if I want to. I am not into 100 watt heads anymore. I am a strong believer that you should put a good mic. on your amp keep your stage volume at a reasonable level and let the p.a. and soundman do the work.

The 2x12 combos are real heavy, they weigh about 70lbs. It's heavy for a combo, but it sounds great.

Oh... and thank you Koolin'. :)

#100666 by KLUGMO
Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:41 pm
Space, I listened to your videos and songs and have come to the conclusion that you have some of the finest arrangement, producing and writing skills that I have heard on Bandmix. If you found the right group of guys that were willing to take your direction and a manager that knew what he was doing, you would be commercially viable.

#100683 by Weeeeee!
Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:37 am
KLUGMO wrote:Space, I listened to your videos and songs and have come to the conclusion that you have some of the finest arrangement, producing and writing skills that I have heard on Bandmix. If you found the right group of guys that were willing to take your direction and a manager that knew what he was doing, you would be commercially viable.

Thanks for the compliment, Klugmo. Just listened to you stuff. Dang! :shock:

Great stuff! I love "Purple Truck." Great voice!