This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#100227 by Dajax
Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 am
Neil Young With Crazy Horse

#100237 by philbymon
Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm
Ozzy & Amy Grant!

Pat Boone & Linkun Park!

Santana & Tim McGraw!

Kabuki!

Why not the parenthetical combination of Canadian rock & mariachi?

Overall, I've become rather disinterested in the Superbowl AND its commercials AND the half-time shows...my life is so empty...*sniff*

#100238 by jw123
Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:29 pm
How bout Van Halen w Diamond Dave

#100245 by Paleopete
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:16 pm
These guys:

:D :twisted:

#100247 by jw123
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm
You got my vote Bill.

Is that a Mesa amp I see in the background. You know how partial I am to Mesa's.

#100248 by jw123
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm
How about Aint Yo Mama I imagine I could get these guys to do it for beer if we got to play on that satge the Who played on the other night!

Last edited by jw123 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#100249 by Paleopete
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:39 pm
JW - Yep, it's a Mesa, I think it's the same amp as your 2x12 combo, the one we played when I was there last year. It belonged to the guitar player we hired to help us since they wanted a bigger band for the New Year's Eve gig. It sounded great, he played it entirely clean and used a passel of effects, one in particular I liked that made it sound like an organ. He's a very good guitar player but has no self confidence, which makes it difficult to work with him, but he did an excellent job and we had a good time.

EDIT- yeah I'd vote for Aint Yo Mama too. But I'd vote for Front street first... :D

#100251 by jw123
Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm
Yea thats a Roadster when I looked at it.

Ive jsut never gotten mine sounding the way I like for some reasons. I ussually use the Triple or the little Subway. I ussually just set the amp for one sound and use my board and guitar volume for any differences.

I saw some guys a few nights ago and one of the guitarist had one of those roland synths on his guitar. He was making all kinda of noise, then a few nights later I saw another cover band with 2 guitars and they played Sweet Home Alabama, and all of the sudden I heard the piano solo. I asked my gf did she hear the piano and she said yea, So I knew the guys and went up to see who was doing the keys. I looked back and she was laughing at me, the soundman had a keyboard. I never even seen him back there.

Our bassist has one of those Electro Harmonix Synth Bass pedals, you can get some really organic sounding tones out of it. We dont use it live cause its expensive and probably fragile.

#100329 by gbheil
Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 am
NOISY KUNG FU !!

#100343 by Ballistic J
Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:19 am
what about Guns N Roses? of course Axl would be late or not show up and buckethead would be late eating the rest of his chicken so he has a hat to wear

#100349 by CraigMaxim
Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 am
Ballistic J wrote:what about Guns N Roses? of course Axl would be late or not show up and buckethead would be late eating the rest of his chicken so he has a hat to wear

LOL

I thought about them too. Weren't they gonna tour to support "Chinese Democracy"?

Thought about Kid Rock too. He puts on a great show. Saw him live once, and he gives the people their money's worth.

#100525 by Tybeille215
Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am
see the sad truth about all of this is that is will probably some day go to hanna montana and her boob will accidentally slip out.....but by that time it will be totally saggy withered and gross compared to the rate lindsay lohan is going down the shitter lol

#100527 by KLUGMO
Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 pm
How about Vince Gill. He gets my COUNTRY VOTE! :P