This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#223043 by broketilpayday
Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:22 pm
Check out Canadian Music News for updated information on the Canadian music scene. We are the most comprehensive Canadian music news site on the Internet! Click "submit content" to notify us to publish news on your bands!

#223047 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:41 pm
Maybe he'll come back and share the link ... :roll:

#223080 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:56 pm
LMAO There is a music scene in Canada? idk about that..

#223369 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 pm
ryanproblems wrote:You definitely don't know about that. And you appear to be proud of your ignorance... must be an american.

You don't know what is going on in the country next door to yours but feel you're educated enough to police countries halfway around the world.

We've had Canadian artists hitting the top 40 dating back to the early 1940s..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... ot_100_(US)

There's a reason Canada is considered to be North America's hit factory. And that's not even to mention the tens of thousands of independent, underground and unsigned artists in every province.

It's true that there may be more hours in a day that can be filled with live music in the states, but population is obviously a factor. While you're passively consuming we are creating and working twice as hard.

P.S. there is a link in the original post. Its http://www.canadianmusicnews.com/zine/

No need to get all pissy about Scott's joke! The link was hidden in the text, how would anyone see it?

North America's "hit factory'? That's a new one on me.

Good day, eh? I'll be in Ottawa on Saturday visitng the in-laws and friends.

#223373 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:12 pm
ryanproblems wrote:You definitely don't know about that. And you appear to be proud of your ignorance... must be an american.

You don't know what is going on in the country next door to yours but feel you're educated enough to police countries halfway around the world.

We've had Canadian artists hitting the top 40 dating back to the early 1940s..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_so ... ot_100_(US)

There's a reason Canada is considered to be North America's hit factory. And that's not even to mention the tens of thousands of independent, underground and unsigned artists in every province.

It's true that there may be more hours in a day that can be filled with live music in the states, but population is obviously a factor. While you're passively consuming we are creating and working twice as hard.

P.S. there is a link in the original post. Its http://www.canadianmusicnews.com/zine/

You people churned out "Nickleback".

They should burn all your instruments for this.. lol

And you have no music, ssdd.

#223379 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:19 pm
ryanproblems wrote:I apologize for both Nickelback and Avril Lavigne but Bob Ezrin makes up for them both.

LOL Roger that.

I am going to go check out, "Bob Ezrin". That sounds promising.

Thanks for kicking in Avril Lavigne, she's horrid as well.

We call her, "Avril Latrine" down here in no man's land.

Very interested in what you upload, going to give it a listen right now if it's up.

EDIT: Well at least you got some really nice mandolin work going on..(gulp)

As for Bob Ezrin, that's quite the producer's resume there but Alice Cooper? Taylor Swift? (just shoot me now)

Still, he worked on The Wall, worked with Defttones and basically produced Destroyer..that Kiss album.
I'm not a Kiss fan, but interesting none the less.

Every day you learn something new.

#223486 by broketilpayday
Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:20 pm
Thank you, Ryan for your response.

For those who are not aware of the Canadian music scene, rather than demonstrating your ignorance on a public forum, it would be more beneficial for you to actually do some research and find some of the bands from Canada...because they do exist and the fact you claim they do not actually makes you look a little silly.

A few bands from Canada that have made an impact include: Arcade Fire, Rush, Tragically Hip, Barenaked Ladies, Alexisonfire, Neil Young, Anvil, City and Colour, Leonard Cohen, Corb Lund, Joni Mitchell, Blue Rodeo, Feist, Tegan and Sara, David Wilcox, Cowboy Junkies, Devin Townsend, etc. Just too many for me to actually list here.

Some heavier bands include Skull Fist, Cauldron, Dayglo Abortions, DBC, DOA, f**k Up, Nomeansno, SNFU, Propaghandi, Protest the Hero, etc.

The extreme metal produced from Montreal is known as being some of the best metal in the world .. Cryptopsy, FTF, Gorguts, VOIVOD, Despised Icon, Kataklysm, Neuraxis, Priestess, Quo Vadis, etc.

There are literally thousands of great Canadian bands if you take the time to listen to them. I, for one, am very proud of our music scene here up north.

In terms of localized scenes, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have huge scenes.

You may also want to double check the website this forum is located on as it actually has an entire bandmix.ca domain devoted to Canadian musicians.

#223499 by Starfish Scott
Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm
lol QWtfever..

Rush is the only name I recognized, but thanks for playing.

You win a bar of soap, make sure you use it ..lol

#224198 by broketilpayday
Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:44 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:lol QWtfever..

You've never heard of Neil Young even? Jeez, that's a little sad.

#226768 by JMZCustomGuitars
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:20 am
broketilpayday wrote:
Starfish Scott wrote:lol QWtfever..

You've never heard of Neil Young even? Jeez, that's a little sad.

EZ..I'm a Canuck myself and aside from Rush I always draw blanks when trying to think of any good Canadian bands..then I get reminded of guys like Neil Young and......oK I forget again.....

Must be all that hip-hop and crack going around Toronto these days! haha

cheers!

John

#226826 by Starfish Scott
Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 pm
I stopped hearing Neil Young when I heard a thing on YouTube where eh publicly berated his whole band during a rehearsal.

He felt they weren't "doing it right".

Besides, "he don't play for Pepsi and he won't play for Coke", well not the type you drink.. LMAO

But seriously, I'm just not a fan of Neil.
No big thing..I assure you.