This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2915 by Chemical Residue
Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:49 am
I have an obsesson w/ VAST and some other bands or groups...dont know who you are talkin bout....

#2926 by Irminsul
Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:36 pm
King Crimson would be way before your time. They were a major influence of late 60s-early 70's rock and spawned some guitar stars like Robert Fripp (original with the band) and Adrian Belew (worked with David Bowie, Talking Heads and others). They were very inventive and had the most influence, I think, on Prog Rock.

#2939 by Chemical Residue
Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:43 pm
oh!...I like bowie and the talking heads

#3041 by Guest
Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:10 am
Not an obsession, but "In the Court of the Crimson King" is one of the best albums ever. 8)

#3474 by The Ladter
Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:38 pm
They are way before my time but every single one of the their studio CDs except Construkction of Light is fantastic and extremely influential in my playing. Robert Fripp is god.

#4384 by Stax
Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:42 pm
21st Century Schizoid Man !!!!!
Need I say more?

#5175 by Casey of Black Santa
Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:30 pm
not an obbsession, but they are awsome! i love "Discipline".

#9045 by banngger
Tue May 29, 2007 3:02 am
I repeat myself under stress
I...

...It's only talk!

#9054 by C.Cat
Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 pm
I've got In the Court of the Crimson King and Red, they're fantastic albums. Has anyone listened to the Crimson Jazz Trio?

#9266 by thedanband
Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:14 am
All I'm going to say is... Electric Light Orchestra. If there is one band I was obsessed with as a kid, for one reason or another, it was ELO.

http://www.livelocals.net

#10896 by unicyclegirl
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:32 pm
Yes, I have an (small) obsession with King Crimson. I had no idea who they were, but some of the bands I like mentioned them as a major influence on their musical style (i.e. Tool, Genesis... and I absolutely love the talking heads) and thier contributions to prog rock (especially in their use of polyrythmic motifs in their songs (mars = 5/4, 21st cetury schitzoid man = awesome) have made music over the last few ceturies quite a bit more interesting.

#10903 by jimmydanger
Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:00 am
That would be me. I've been a Crimson fan since I bought "In The Court of the Crimson King" in 1969. One of the few bands that had a lyricist (the other one I can think of was Procol Harum). I've seen KC many times, my favorite in 1974 with Bruford and Wetton. I also recently recorded a cover of "I Talk To The Wind".

"You have to be happy with what you have to be happy with".

#10907 by BassPlay3r
Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:05 am
So how do I say this, I like Belew's writing and character but not his guitar playing. I've been into the more mainstream prog but never got into Crimson too much. That being said I do like Red and Discipline.

This is a dangerous place....

#10910 by jimmydanger
Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Well, Belew is the Wang Bar King so much of his playing is 'noise' but he can also write and play some pretty melodies ("Walking on Air", etc). I saw him with Bowie in 1977 (Heroes) and he was awesome. And he's added a dimension to Crimson that was lacking; the interplay between him and Fripp keeps things interesting. That being said, I still enjoy the Bruford-Wetton-Fripp (Red) version of Crimson the best; I saw them do the "Starless and Bible Black" tour in 1974 and they blew me away.