This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#62597 by RyanStrain3032
Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:57 am
I'm deleting my bandmix account (if thats possible).

I just feel this isn't the right place for me.

Thanks for all the advice I've gotten from the few good peeps on here.

Buh-bye

-Ryan

#62601 by fisherman bob
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 am
That's too bad you"re leaving Ryan. Come back and visit once in a while...

#62602 by ted_lord
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:51 am
yah this site isn't the greatest for us modern metal people, but its the wisdom I'm trying to take in here, and its just damned amusing some of the stuff that goes on, either way man, good luck

#62617 by Hayden King
Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:06 am
Hey Ryan I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Bro!
I have no right to judge another persons art. Art in in ones own eye and ear.
I've had a real bad week on top of a real bad month on top of a real bad year/decade and wound up taking it out on you and someone else I think. No excuse for it. Many apologies!

Don't stop doing what your doing here just because you get some static from some of us on here!
There are more musicians working in your genre coming onto BM and they will provide more support for you than us oldies but goodies . 8)

I need to stick to my own motto of "do more building and less tearing down"

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

#62623 by Crip2Nite
Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 am
...bye... :roll: We all know you'll be lurking to see the responses on this thread :twisted: Stop being so damn sensitive.... Personally, I think you have a gift and no matter what anybody says, you should perfect that gift.
I get a ton of criticism from peeps straight to my face at my live venues....even better, sometimes my bandmates pick out my faults... I do the same to them... it's a learning process... you can't please everyone... as long as you'r satisfied with your work, that's all that matters....
#62625 by fretwork
Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am
RyanStrain3032 wrote:I'm deleting my bandmix account (if thats possible).

I just feel this isn't the right place for me.

Thanks for all the advice I've gotten from the few good peeps on here.

Buh-bye

-Ryan

Hey man keep your eyes on the ball, you are good at what you do, the reason of been on this web site is to expose yourself to bands looking for a screamer, don't deprive yourself of the tool that is Bandmix, remember this web site is mostly for networking and hooking up with others.

Moreover consider the fact that you have been judged not by musicians of your genre, but rather by musicians much older then you with little knowledge or appreciation for your type of music that includes me.

You are good enough to be in a heavy metal band, if your detractors could see you on stage with a good band backing you up instead of seeing you on video made in your bedroom, they might appreciate you and your music a bit more, not because your music would get better in their ears, but because they would see the entertaining value of it and the effect it has on people who likes heavy metal.

#62626 by philbymon
Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 am
I dunno what happened, here, but I've always tried refer to you & speak to you with respect for you, if not your genre of choice.

Sometimes I think we artistic types can be a bit oversensitive, & other times a bit unsensitive, but I try not to take it personally. When things come to a head, as it were, & I must take it on a personal level, I find it easy enough to ignore the naysayers & move on.

Rethink your decision, if you can. Do you really think this site isn't going to help you? If not, then move on. Just make sure in your own headbone that it isn't just cuz of something rather petty or misunderstood, cuz if it is then you'll feel a little silly later.

ttfn & good luck

#62629 by jw123
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:53 pm
Keep Rockin and Good Luck where ever you may roam.

#62631 by gbheil
Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:00 pm
I'm gonna miss hearing from you Ryan.
Best of luck, and May God bless your path.
George
NKF

P.S.
You'd think a guy like me who does Christian music only would seek another site as well.
But I aint going away, so yous all better just get used to it. wahaha... :twisted:

#62657 by Chippy
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:23 pm
Ryan.
Give it some time like everyone is saying.

Treat it like a bar you go into and don't know very many people. Get chatting and update whatever you update for your stuff whether on Bandmix or elsewhere.

I've had a few people contact me whilst being here and I've made some good friends locally, it does work you just have to have a little patience yeah?

#62662 by RaneVox
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Please don't go Ryan, there aren't that many of us! :cry:

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck mate.

I'd buy you a pint but you had to go and be across the pond now! :wink:

#62914 by Starfish Scott
Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:52 am
"You can't please everyone... as long as you're satisfied with your work, that's all that matters...."

I don't dig the INSERT GENRE HERE but, doesn't mean you have to go.

Do you like your music? Do you like performing it? Then just ignore the no bodies and do what you do.

Plenty of haters out there, don't let their preconceptions move you into a corner. Oh and wannabes too, (micawber)..

When people speak "consider the source".

#62924 by Hayden King
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:34 am
alright man. I apologized and everybody asked you to stay. If you cant even respond by this point or you already flew the coupe... then later, your too immature to make it yet anyway!

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"putting your head in a hole means you left your ass is in the air"

#62928 by repressthecadence
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:54 am
Take it easy then, man. Best of luck in your pursuits.

#62944 by Shredd6
Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 am
You know.. I wasn't going to comment in this thread because I don't really believe in coddling this kind of thing.

Oddly enough, I almost left this forum myself when I first came on here. I'd just left a forum before joining this one where I had some extremely heated battles with a f**king troll who uses forums to talk sh*t to people under the premise of free speech.

Only to encounter the Capt. here.

But then I thought, "I'm a damn good musician, I think I'll just let my music do my talking".

I posted "Burn", got good responses. Then I revealed my first Reggae attempt on here. And to those who liked Burn, I kinda think they thought I was joking when I said I joined a Reggae band. Gentry's response was something like, "What did you do Shred? Join KC and the Sunshine band?" And to be honest, I listen to that song again, and it was pretty cheesy. But it's all part of the stepping stones you take in music. Now I'm writing (and performing) some pretty pimp Reggae.

Although Mikey is about 1/2 my age, I respect his talent and opinion. I knew at the time he just didn't see what I was seeing. The same way I think his Blues is by far a better avenue for him to take. But he saw something I wasn't seeing, and he's making it happen.

Craig posted his feelings on screamo music and I remember it offending Mikey (and if I'm remembering correctly, you as well). But I did happen to agree with Craig on one point.

You're entering uncharted waters. The same waters we've seen with Glam-Rock, New Wave, Disco, etc.. While right now you might think, "I'm gonna do this kind of music for the rest of my LIFE!! This style is BIG and I know how to do it!!" Trust me dog, the fad will fade, and you just might be kicking yourself in the ass later. Your voice WILL deteriorate doing screamo. No matter what you think, no matter what measures you take to protect your voice... It will deteriorate. Then where will you be???

In Mikey's case, he'll be fine. He has extensive knowledge and skills in a timeless Genre. Actually, he's already shown that he's prolific in many timeless genres. And when his guitar strings wear out, all he has to do is install new ones.

You can't do that with vocal cords. And you haven't shown that you know how to do anything vocally but scream. (not to my knowledge anyway)

If you can make your mark in the Screamo world, then go for it. All power to you, have fun with it, and good luck.

But I'm still going to give you this advice.. Learn how to really sing if you truly want to be a singer. Don't be caught with your pants down when the fad fades. Be prepared to move on from it. Because the time will come when most people consider Screamo to be one of the gayest Genres ever. Just like Disco, just like Glam, just like New Wave..

Peace.