This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#61657 by Micah1985
Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:15 am
to be able to click on a single description and define who and what u are musically is logically impossible. no offense to the person who wrote that topic/poll. I would rather hear in your own words what kind of musician are u.i want to hear what level of passion u expierience when u play a song that raises the hair on ur skin, whether it be ur own or not.
#61658 by Micah1985
Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:17 am
Micah1985 wrote:to be able to click on a single description and define who and what u are musically is logically impossible. no offense to the person who wrote that topic/poll. I would rather hear in your own words what kind of musician are u.i want to hear what level of passion u expierience when u play a song that raises the hair on ur skin, whether it be ur own or not.
-learn to swim-*tool*

#61659 by philbymon
Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:09 pm
Well....he DID admit at one point that he was PWI (posting while intoxicated) at the time he posted that...

#61670 by gbheil
Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:37 pm
It's pretty easy for me. Kind of a no brainer.

I,m a God rocker, WOHOOO YEA BABY !!!

#61697 by ted_lord
Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:01 pm
micah, the guy apologized for his terrible categories, so who's got their foot in mouth and head up asshole now? (no offense just thought I'd use a funny lyric as a retort good to see another person who knows tool)

#61702 by Crip2Nite
Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:52 pm
ummmm... I'm a lead guitarist? :? I pretty much thinks that covers it all for me :roll:

#61728 by Black57
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 am
I am both a self taught and classically trained musician who believes in the world of music. I have played in classical groups, jazz bands, R&B and even hip hop. Every other Sunday I play at a Celtic jam. I am a composer and arranger. I will playing some classic rock this Friday. All in all, I get the same rush from any music that I play as long as it's got dah funk :wink:

Oh yeah, I am broke, too :lol:

#61735 by Micah1985
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:16 am
philbymon wrote:Well....he DID admit at one point that he was PWI (posting while intoxicated) at the time he posted that...


srry i also was guilty of p.w.i. when i posted this, i sounded arrogant. i originally came in to find some friends and got drawn into the forums. my bad. too much vodka

#61736 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:32 am
That's ok. Most people here know me well enough not to take my sht too seriously. Mainly what I was trying to figure out (with limited polling options) is if a scientific mind goes with music and art and if a wrestling mentality (WWF or whatever) does not. I pretty much got the answers I was expecting (thank God) but it was a simple psychology question.

#61737 by gbheil
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:35 am
It's all good Micah, as long as you bribe us with music and pictures. :wink:

#61761 by jw123
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 pm
I think there are only two kinds of musicians.

1. Ones that want to get out and play!

2. Ones that are out playing!

The question to me is which are you, if you want to get out and play then point in a direction that will take you there. If you are out playing good for you!

What difference does it make what genre you play, you are either doing what you want or your not. The choice is up to you.

#61809 by Kramerguy
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm
jw123 wrote:I think there are only two kinds of musicians.

1. Ones that want to get out and play!

2. Ones that are out playing!

The question to me is which are you, if you want to get out and play then point in a direction that will take you there. If you are out playing good for you!

What difference does it make what genre you play, you are either doing what you want or your not. The choice is up to you.


Bingo!

#61834 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 pm
How about number (3).. the person that's played-out, blown-out, burned-out and been-there-tired-out, but the musician in him (or her) just wont release them from the bonds of musicianship-ness.. ? (I guess I just made that word up.. heh) .. Not that I'd want to be, but sometimes it hurts.
(insert John Mellenhead "hurts so good " here) ..lol

#61837 by gbheil
Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:18 am
Enter Eric our bassest. Long time (40 yrs+) on bass. Played out. Recorded music. Been there done that! Tired of the rats race. He meets us. Wow, no BS, Not pro level players but we have direction and purpose.
He told me once we would have to chase him off with a stick!
He said music is "fun" for him again. And I am damn proud to have him on our side.
Moral to this bloated story. Musician type #3. Should not exist!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest