This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#60471 by AshFreek
Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:03 am
Ok, I'm looking for some Seymour Duncan passive pick-ups.
I know I want a JB SH, but which one?
I'm going for a REALLY heavy/deep tone, strong mids, and a powerful scream. (Bridge)
For the neck, I want the same thing, but a bit softer.

#61177 by Catalyst Music
Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:50 am
Musicians friend offers a two pack of pickups. I think it is called "The Hot Rod Set". Pretty reasonably priced as well. It has a JB in the treble and a SH2 in the neck.

#61430 by Shredd6
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:07 am
sorry I'm late to respond, but if you haven't already bought your duncans, the Blues Saraceno Trembuckers are in my opinion the best SD makes for the bridge. You won't be disappointed I promise. They have a perfect balance of clarity and overdrive. In the clean channel, they have a very distinct high-fi sound that I haven't heard with any other pickup. It's my pickup of choice for Reggae. Distorted they can hang with Dimrzio super distortions without breaking a sweat. Fat, chunky, and bad-ass, but still focused when leading.

#61577 by Andragon
Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:30 am
Holy shyt! It's Shredd!
lol

#67679 by Lucy Diamond
Mon May 18, 2009 5:09 am
I am absolutely IN LOVE with the pearly gates in the neck position right now.

I used the '59 for years in various different tone wood settings and I pulled the Pearly Gates out of nowhere, just to see what it would be like and I'm never turning back.

I recently hotrodded my '91 BFP Jem with a Bill Lawrence L500XL in the bridge a RW/RP quarter pound in the middle and the Pearly Gates in the neck and it is completely sick like a pervert on acid.

The older Jems are rediculousley bright guitars (Basswood and wood fill with too much clearcoat) and the Pearly gates levels all that out. It is bright enough to cut through, but doesn't ice pick your ears and it balances perfectly with the Bill Lawrence meat rocket.

Good luck and enjoy.

#68622 by Kramerguy
Wed May 27, 2009 8:22 pm
I'm currently drooling over the Duncan P-rails right now.. they are so damn enticing.. GAS!!