This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

What do YOU think of American Idol?

19%
12%
19%
4%
46%

#57658 by Kramerguy
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:46 pm
dangit, you should have added the option:

* I like watching the tone-deaf people fail in the first couple of weeks, then it just sucks.

#57690 by repressthecadence
Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:18 pm
I don't watch television. I've seen a bit of it, but I've never found it interesting.

#57694 by pusMonkey
Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:25 pm
I'm with Kramerguy... is that option 'F' ?

#57698 by gtZip
Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:36 pm
I kind of got sucked into the first season. Now I just dont care.
How badly can a company run something into the ground?

Like that guy that tells a joke, gets a little reaction, suddenly thinks he's funny, and then proceeds to tell the same joke over and over and over, sometimes multiple times to the same person, until someone throttles the sh*t out of him.

#57711 by 1collaborator
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:03 pm
Go Kramer Go!!!

Its just another day in Paradise.

#57738 by fisherman bob
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:03 am
You don't want to know my opinion of American Idol. I'd be banished from Bandmix forever.

#57743 by philbymon
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:21 am
No......just.....no

#57753 by ZXYZ
Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:23 am
Waste of time.

#57827 by ted_lord
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:33 pm
isn't it great having a tv show tell radio who will be worth giving airtime too? horay fascist entertainment industry

#57828 by tnoel
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:40 pm
American Idol stands for everything evil and seedy in the modern music industry. Lets take a singer with no real experience give them an international springboard so sound from. Spoonfeed them songs stylists and expose expose expose! By the time May comes it doesn't matter how bad or irrelevant the finalists are. The world has been so saturated so deeply with these naive people that even they are beleieving their own hype. You get big ratings for Fox Simon Cowell gets at least one platinum seller and next year you can watch the winner make their quick rise to mediocrity.

There have been exceptions I know. But none of these people can write a song most can't play an instrument very well and it turns out to be more about popularity and image than talent.

There are millions of singer/songwriters and bands out there with massive talent who will never be found because of shows like this and the attitude they breed.

If you're not the cutest or the coolest looking it doesn't matter how good you are someone with the image will be coached to minimum talent put in the cookie cutter and pre packaged real pretty just for the millions who have the need to be told what to listen to

#57831 by gbheil
Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:55 pm
Pure californication bullshit! Enough said.

#57919 by AirViking
Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 pm
got anymore easy polls, that was as ahrd as reading to the end of the poll. i'd actually rather be killed with my own bass then watch one episode.

#57990 by neanderpaul
Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:40 am
And in walks the blacksheep with the oppoisite opinion. Daughtry, last seasons winner, Kelly Clarkson etc etc. All KILLER vocalists who I wouldn't get to enjoy otherwise. All of their material isnt great but a lot is. "Since you been gone" Kelly Clarkon KILLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxRS_GyBbM

Daughtry - "It's Not Over" anoher winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6s8C2DvfGo

It's not TV telling the radio who will be hot. It's people picking the cream of the cop. And judges occasionally giving good advice.

Singers, yes just singers, can be awesome too.

#57991 by neanderpaul
Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:44 am
tnoel wrote: Lets take a singer with no real experience give them an international springboard so sound from.

tnoel wrote:
There are millions of singer/songwriters and bands out there with massive talent who will never be found because of shows like this and the attitude they breed.

Arent those two thought in exact disagreement. translation...
They are a nobody they don't deserve to be here
vs
they are a nobody, why can't we just give them a break?

tnoel wrote:
If you're not the cutest or the coolest looking it doesn't matter how good you are someone with the image will be coached to minimum talent put in the cookie cutter and pre packaged real pretty just for the millions who have the need to be told what to listen to

Kelly Clarkson is not tall, skinny, stacked or blonde.

Last seasons winner is no looker either.

And what about Clay Aiken?!?