This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#45431 by fingerdroolteam
Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:33 pm
I own a Roland V-Bass unit. My bass has the built in bridge/preamp to allow me to connect directly to the Roland V-Bass directly (I no longer have to use the GK-2B), but I do have another bass that I use that for still. I love to use the 13pin connection, its the most useful tool to come out for not only the bass but guitar,and I am hoping that soon enough it can be incorporated into different instruments and even mic's.

I have a couple of questions,

1. What are your thoughts on this technology?
2. Do you prefer analog or digital recordings?
3. Does anyone know of how to download sounds into the V-roland bass or guitar pedal to use, or if theres a program that lets you make your own sounds and download transfer them into the pedal?
4. If anyone else has any information on other applications that the 13pin connection? I use it for the Live6 program with the song banks of Reason4, along with other midi based programs.

#45470 by philbymon
Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 am
Peanuts are usually allergic to me.

I prefer smooth analog to choppy digital, but there are many advantages to digital that just can't be beat. Time, for one. Recording in dig really goes much faster for me, since I never have to wait for those inevitable rewinds.

I am unfamiliar with the midi bass guitars. I use cheap stuff that works well enough with no cowbells or whistling.

And remember that if you have the coordination of a retarded octopus, a cat in the bag is worth two under water.

#45585 by Andragon
Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 am
philbymon wrote:...with no cowbells...

OH NO YOU DIDN'T! :shock:
Moar cowbell, please.