This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#44019 by unknowndiva2004
Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:54 pm
Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Laura McCabe. I am an intense, passionate singer, songwriter, collaborator and am interested in getting in a band or a group to do gigs with room on the side to make our own stuff. If you have connections that would be great, if not, I have a couple of friends in the music business that could hook us up. I am eager to start singing now because without it, my life really sucks! haahaahaa. I think everyone out there knows what I mean. If you really want it, go for it, no matter what. I have alot of influences. Mainly rock, pop, r&b, folk, so many, it would be rediculous to try to write them here. Hope to hear from some of you soon. I can sing lead, backup, fill-ins, duets, recordings (have experience in studios). Have been in bands all my life. I want some stability in a band however, most of my associations have been shaky and never really coordinated due to too much personal drama. I just want to practice and get out there and kick ass in front of a crowd. Interested, just give me a ring at 201-927-9473. In the Ridgewood area, northern, nj. Of course, I have a car and can drive so don't worry.
Take care.
cheers.
Laura

:lol: :shock:

#44023 by The KIDD
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 pm
Hey Laura,

and welcome to the planet.Seen quite a few Jersey people on here over the yrs,so hopefully you'll be networking in no time..Also, people here do online colabing too.Im not a very good alto..(OH REALLY ? Do TELL!!! :lol: ) so some people like file swap, sharing their creativity for parts they may need.Sorry to hear of your personal drama exp. With 35 yrs in the bis, I can only imagine.. :( Anyway, hang around and if ya can , put up some MP3s for us to hear.

Best to ya in finding what your lookin for.

John

#44024 by philbymon
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:44 pm
Laura - looked on your profile & no audio available. Get some tracks of your voice up, so ppl can see & hear what you can do.

Welcome to the forum, & watch out for Capt Scott. He's in Jersey, too, & is a dangerous individual who likes sci fi.

(JK, Cap!)

Seriously, you might wanna look him up. I dunno if he's close, or if you can mesh or whatever, but he's a reg here, & you might enjoy his work. Just the 1st guy that comes to mind from Jersey. He might be able to help you in your search locally, anyway.

http://bandmix.com/capt-scott/

Best of luck.

#44027 by Robin1
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:09 pm
I thought the Capt didn't like having a female singer in the band? If I am wrong...my mistake LOL

Thought I remember a thread that had a whole issue on it. :shock:

#44028 by Robin1
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:10 pm
Oh, I forgot....welcome to the craziness here on this forum Laura! I does help to have audio up on your profile. I have had quite a few people contact me because of mine. Actually found this band that I am in from having my profile here.

Good Luck! :)

#44029 by philbymon
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:12 pm
Um...damn!

How could I have forgotten that?!?!?!?!?!

Please disregard everything & anything I EVER say, Laura.

I'm gonna shut up & hide under my bed for a few days & try to get my stuff together.

I saw "Jersey" & just went from there.

Thank god you're here, Robin, to cover my sorry butt!

#44030 by Robin1
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:14 pm
aww The butt is not a sorry one. Butt (haha) glad I could help you out :lol: 8)

#44040 by jimmydanger
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:54 am
Ha Philby, I'll bet you direct cows to the slaughterhouse when they're looking for the pasture.

#44070 by Robin1
Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:46 pm
OMG ^ROFL^ good one! :lol:

#44171 by dene
Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:39 am
Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself, but already get the feeling that these people are friends who really want to help. I just posted some political response elsewhere so that will probably change as nothing poleratizes people like religion and politics.

Stick to music discussions.

Again, welcome.
#117108 by NoyzintheAttic
Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Hi Laura, I tried to call the number posted in your forum. but a guy answered and said I had the wrong number. I am looking for a female vocalist to add more depth to our set and add better harmonies to my original works. My number is on my profile. I have a rehearsal space with a Pro Tools studio setup. I play most of the instruments I record, so if interested in getting something going , call me...
Pat :^)

#117122 by gbheil
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 pm
Man if she calls you we'll count it as a miracle.
Last post was in 2008.

#117140 by Krul
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 pm
Howdy Laura! You should do more loitering on this forum. We're kind of a colorfulk family here. So hang out (join our cult), and who knows, you might bump into someone to jam with. :)

#117144 by TheCaptain
Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 pm
" I am eager to start singing now because without it, my life really sucks!"

ugh..

#117174 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 am
" kick on the grinder " lol