This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#43533 by philbymon
Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:56 pm
Just got home from playing for "Hedgesville Heritage Days" with Flamingo Road. This new guy isn't as aggressive as what I'm used to, but I think he'll do just fine with a minimum of prodding. He's just too damned nice for us guys, though. I'm used to being told to eff off at least once a day from a guitar player...LOL

The gig went well, in spite of the fact that we were set up in a place that just didn't draw too many ppl. Next year I'm gonna push to set up the music in the town center, rather than where we were. Still, those that came, stayed to hear it, & everyone gave us good reviews. The guy was there from the paper taking pics, & he seemed very impressed. My grandson was happy to be there, too.

We were asked to go & play at this hippie "ganja-gee" party tonight. I dunno if we're gonna all be there, but I think I might go & see what a ganja-gee party is, anyway. It's evidently a weekend affair - you know - wake me up on Monday morning so I can go to work. LOL

#43534 by gbheil
Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:59 pm
Got to love all these succesfull gig tales. 8)

#43540 by Andragon
Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:57 pm
haha nice. Hippie parties rule. Just avoid certain smells...

#43659 by Bambamvdrumr
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:57 pm
Don't trust him as much as you really want to. It's always the quiet ones that end up giving you the most grief.

Especially guitar players!!
#43678 by HowlinJ
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:10 am
philbymon wrote:
We were asked to go & play at this hippie "ganja-gee" party tonight. I dunno if we're gonna all be there, but I think I might go & see what a ganja-gee party is, anyway. It's evidently a weekend affair - you know - wake me up on Monday morning so I can go to work. LOL

Philby,
If I'm not mistakin', a ganja-gee party is one of those affairs where you take somebody's ride, and go out and smash it into a deer (preferably a buck). I'd think twice about going if I were you!
Howlin'

#43681 by gbheil
Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:14 am
:lol:

#43692 by Paleopete
Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 am
so eff off!

Hey I'm a guitar player and it sounded like you missed it so...

:D
#43697 by Shredd6
Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:29 am
HowlinJ wrote:
philbymon wrote:

Philby,
If I'm not mistakin', a ganja-gee party is one of those affairs where you take somebody's ride, and go out and smash it into a deer (preferably a buck). I'd think twice about going if I were you!
Howlin'

HHHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks for that one Howlin".. I'm still laughing!! Frikkin' great joke man.

#43733 by philbymon
Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:12 pm
Gee...uh...thanks, y'all.

Funny stuff for sure, & I can always use a good laugh - even if it's at my expense.

Went to an open mic run by the flat singer guy last night - boy is his drummer a newbie! Glad I didn't hafta play with her. It was like a bad amateur night on the gong show, but the ppl seemed happy to have live music. I'm gonna try to get some friends in there that can actually play stuff sometime, but that might spoil it for everyone. It's funny, but even after all these years of playing, I feel a little strange in a bar where I don't know anyone. There was a little cutie that came up & pleaded with me (in some really nice ways!) to play some more when I was done, so I did. I've never been one to disagroin a lady, & it was a boost to my ever so fragile ego...LOL

Gonna try another one this Thur...this guy's been bugging me to go to it for a cpl months, but it's on the night sfter STICKMASTERS, & I'm usually a bit tired the next day after a meeting.

Who knows - if I keep doing all this stuff I might get my chops back someday, if not the feeling in my hand.

#43776 by gbheil
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:44 am
Whats stickmasters?

#43786 by Mike Gentry
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:59 am
Most eff'n guitarists can be eff'n nice people when we eff'n want to be. What's ganja-gee? That's not like denture paste is it?

#43801 by Chris2203
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:36 pm
Are you sure they didn't say "ganja-green party"? That's a pro-weed party for your city's local chapter of NORML or CAMP. Pot Brownies, lots of sticky bud torched and inhaled. LOL - I used to love that before I got bad asthma. (not from weed, but cigarettes) I still support the law reform though.

#43833 by philbymon
Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:38 pm
Nah - it was definitely "gi" as in rendered butter in the baked goods.

sans - STICKMASTERS is a lil club I've belonged to for about 12 years. We meet on Wed nights, usually. We have dinner which one of us cooks & we take turns bringing dessert, & I can't tell you anything else cuz I'd hafta kill ya if I did. Very secret, we are! But the STICKS are always in caps, cuz they're that important to me.

#43839 by gtZip
Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 pm
Mike Gentry wrote:Most eff'n guitarists can be eff'n nice people when we eff'n want to be. What's ganja-gee? That's not like denture paste is it?

:lol: LOL :lol:
Gentry, I'm laughing my A$$ off here at work (Sneaking in a peek at the boards on me break)
People are looking over at me like "what the hells his problem?"

Eff'n awesome! :) lol

#43840 by Craig Maxim
Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:53 pm
philbymon wrote:
STICKMASTERS is a lil club I've belonged to for about 12 years. We meet on Wed nights, usually. We have dinner which one of us cooks & we take turns bringing dessert

Guys cooking for each other every week.

Taking turns with the... "deserts"

STICKmasters huh?

Hmm...

LMAO!

Sorry Philby... Couldn't resist bro. LOL