This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41613 by Cblakemoreiii
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:09 pm
I've been listening to Christian contemporary music lately. Some of the artists I've bought so far are:

Michael W. Smith - The First Decade
Michael W. Smith - Change Your World
David Crowder Band - Remedy
David Crowder Band - Illuminate
David Crowder Band - A Collision
Jeremy Camp - Stay
Jeremy Camp - Restored
Jeremy Camp - Beyond Measure
Third Day - Revelation
Third Day - Wherever You Are
Chris Tomlin - Not To Us
Chris Tomlin - Arriving
Chris Tomlin - See The Morning
Chris Tomlin - Hello Love
Steven Curtis Chapman - This Moment
Steven Curtis Chapman - Greatest Hits
MercyMe - Almost There

I'm working a number of these songs. And I would like to improve on them by jamming with a group of friends. These are fun songs, and I love this kind of music, both from a music standpoint, and a lyrical standpoint. Musically it's similar to what I've heard in the secular world, but lyrically it's different but in a good way.

Thanks for reading

#41657 by Starfish Scott
Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:21 am
Clifford, you are what we like to call a "secular retard."

#41659 by philbymon
Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:37 am
What do you expect from an emo lover? He's very emotional & sensitive & oh so Christian in his ever-present neediness.

I think he's blind in oh so many ways, although he's proven that he can see perfectly well when it comes to "attractive, sensitive skinny young guys." I don't understand his homophobia, though. It just doesn't fit with the rest of him. I've known gay guys that were ten times the man he'll ever be, who could help with his social retardation. Hell, I've known lesbians who were ten times the man he'll ever be, & I'm sorry ladies, but it's the truth.

Eh, let's hope he can take a hint & leave, & SOON, for crissake.

#41669 by gbheil
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:23 am
NOISY KUNG FU !!!
SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS BABY !!! YEA !!!
GOD ROCK SPOKEN HERE !!!!

#41671 by philbymon
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:32 am
You GO, boy! Love that name, sans...dunno why but I do.

#41673 by gbheil
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:36 am
It's silly but it fits. Thanks!

#41682 by Cblakemoreiii
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:45 am
Ah, come on, you've GOT to be kidding me. I was just sharing something I love.

Why do y'all have to be so hateful? What is y'alls problem? I love that music.

And I am not socially retarded. Come to Baton Rouge Community College and see for yourself. I have nothing but love to give.

#41718 by philbymon
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:45 am
Sorry, junior...don't need your kind of love.

Put up or shut up.

DO something for yourself, jerkwad. Quitcher whining about how you can't do anything. Use your head for something besides a hat rack.

Frankly, if I were you, after embarassing myself this badly, I'd drop this personna & rejoin under an assumed name & try again. Use some sense next time, dumbass. Don't be so whiney & mouthy to ppl when they try to give you perfectly good advice.

And put up some damned music so ppl can tell what they're getting into, musically, while you're at it, Cliffy.

#41795 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:44 am
amen..

#41797 by fisherman bob
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:56 am
Hey Philby, did I get you to use the word dumbass? That's one of my favorite words from Beavis & Butt-Head. I also like the word buttmunch. Damn I miss Beavis and Butt-Head. Best cartoon ever. Later...

#41821 by philbymon
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:57 pm
LMAO
#41870 by Andragon
Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:09 pm
BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIS oooh yea.. best 2 laughs in the world for sure. Sneakiest too.

Anyways, yea I'm not really into that "We play it for God... but you pay $20 on the way in." However, I do respect the idea.. to an extent. And I like some of the music. Third Day is a really talented band, imo.
Hold Fast by MercyMe is a very good song. Has a special meaning to me.

#41872 by gbheil
Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:25 pm
We except donations to help offset the expense of the project. I guess if selling our T Shirts for the same reason constatutes a "charge" so be it.
But in theory I tend to agree Andrew. Many of the large religous organizations spend more on basketball courts than missions. I dont claim to be John The Baptist, Dont really care for locust, but honeys ok. 8)

We dont compete in the same market with "secular" bands therefore I don't feel our "not for profit" technique is injurous to the general music scene. However if we cheep out some "religous" band then it's just another gig for God the way I see it.

Dont get me wrong though. If we were offered a large sum of money to play / tour I would not hesitate to spend that which I did not give to my Church.

#41901 by HowlinJ
Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:46 pm
We have a contemporary Christian radio station in my neck of Penn's Woods, that I seldom listen to. The music is of first rate quality, performed and recorded well, none the less, most of it still all comes out sounding like crap to me. I like music for the way it SOUNDS for the most part. I do enjoy Ralph Vaughn William's "Mass In G Minor" and listen to it often.

Besides the music of our favorite born- again redneck Texans, "Noisy Kung Fu, I am also not above listening to some other Bible influenced songs such as "Zombies" by The Hooters, "Song of Job" by Seatrain, "Warrior" by Wishbone Ash, and "Pride of Man" by Quicksilver Messenger Service. They all sound like good heart felt rockin' tunes to me!

Rich the Celtic Piper and his wife are capable of producing some very listenable (to any one willing to listen) non secular music as well.

Our ol' pal BlairRock as well
..and so on and so forth...

Peace and keep tolerant my Bandmixerino Brothers & Sisters, :wink:
Howlin'

#41923 by pusMonkey
Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:47 am
Stryper still kicks ass and rocks the hell out....