This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41591 by gigdoggy
Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm
Hi people.

Our gigdoggy blog has a section where we post daily videos of live bands.

Anyone want to be featured? All we need is a youtube vid that we embed for one or two days.

You are welcome to ask us to post up a banner or whatever.

The blog is at:
http://www.gigdoggy.com

and the daily videos:
http://gigdoggy.wordpress.com/doggy-videos-daily-live-music-videos/

Cheers,

Rob

#41597 by Kramerguy
Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:53 pm
How about a video of me in my living room wanking away to a backing track? :P

Unfortunately, the only video I have of my last band was all taken down when we split up. I have all the source videos, but the guy filming it was extremely challenged on how to not zoom in on a singer's 5 o'clock shadow for the duration of a 4 minute guitar solo.

#41603 by gigdoggy
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:01 pm
hehehe
cool thankx paul

Ill put it up in the week to come

how is life treating you?

#41605 by neanderpaul
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 pm
Life is sweet. My girls are EVERYTHING! How about you?

f&w

#41698 by les paul67
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 am
check out freedom and whiskey on youtube.com thanks

#41750 by jw123
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:27 pm
giggy, I dont understand why groups chose to post all these Youtube videos, most of them I look at just make them look like dumbasses to me, maybe negative publicity is worth something. But Ive seen bands that I like a lot and their videos on there sound horrible cause little video cameras sound horrible. I mean if someone else post something up there is nothing that you can do, but a lot of people post their own of their bands and all it does for me is show how unprofessional they are.

Give me back the Led Zep days when a band regulated what the public see's.

One of our fans took a video and was going to post it, they showed it to me and I begged them not too. I dont know if they did or not, but I dont want to see a bunch of amateur videos of me all over the place.

Just my 2 cents, I think musicians should really think before they post up stuff that is inferior, it could come back to haunt them.

Paul, Im not saying this to you cause all your videos are tastful and look like you put some thought into the finished product, but some folks just amaze me. My son has some friends in a band and they were at my house looking on youtube at a video they posted, it sounded horrible, they were out of tune, they didnt look like they knew what they were doing and they actually sound pretty good when I heard them practice.

Please fellow musicians think before you post something and make sure if you post it that its the best that you have.

#41754 by gigdoggy
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:09 pm
Hey Jason.

Are you refering to the videos I post up in my daily videos sections or just youtube vids in general?

I always try to put up quality vids, and by quality i mean as long as the sound doesnt distort and that the energy is there.

#41756 by gtZip
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:32 pm
jw123 wrote:giggy, I dont understand why groups chose to post all these Youtube videos, most of them I look at just make them look like dumbasses to me, maybe negative publicity is worth something. But Ive seen bands that I like a lot and their videos on there sound horrible cause little video cameras sound horrible. I mean if someone else post something up there is nothing that you can do, but a lot of people post their own of their bands and all it does for me is show how unprofessional they are.

Give me back the Led Zep days when a band regulated what the public see's.

One of our fans took a video and was going to post it, they showed it to me and I begged them not too. I dont know if they did or not, but I dont want to see a bunch of amateur videos of me all over the place.

Just my 2 cents, I think musicians should really think before they post up stuff that is inferior, it could come back to haunt them.

Paul, Im not saying this to you cause all your videos are tastful and look like you put some thought into the finished product, but some folks just amaze me. My son has some friends in a band and they were at my house looking on youtube at a video they posted, it sounded horrible, they were out of tune, they didnt look like they knew what they were doing and they actually sound pretty good when I heard them practice.

Please fellow musicians think before you post something and make sure if you post it that its the best that you have.

jw, you said it brother.
I couldnt agree with you more. Do the audio/video the right way, or don't bother.
Most of the videos I've seen are painful to endure. (Pauls have been good though)

#41757 by gigdoggy
Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:36 pm
i get what you're saying of course, but a shaky cam is enough to convince me if a band is good or not on stage.

On the other hand, yea if you are using a video to promote your music, it's worth to at least make one that kicks ass, on which you worked the sound and the image.

#41786 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:21 am
bump!!!! lol