This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Would you use a woman in your band?

33%
56%
N/A
6%
6%
#41325 by Starfish Scott
Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:32 pm
I don't care for them. The voice thing is funky and I just do not appreciate the tones I hear.

I notice that people have extra problems when they utilize female musicians.

I could only give you a couple of examples of any female bands I liked.

The Donnas/L7/Perfect Circle has a good female bass player/White Zombie had a good female bassist. Other than that, I don't really like or appreciate it.

What do you like or appreciate that is female oriented?

#41328 by Kramerguy
Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:43 pm
I chose the competent without head trauma lol. But in my defense, I'd hold either sex to that standard :lol:

I think women get a bad rep in music, I've known a few that would put many men to shame on their instruments. For vocals... well that's all personal taste at that point. Women have proven they can rock and party just as hard as guys. Just look at Courtney Love :shock:

#41329 by philbymon
Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm
Absolutely. If a person is a good musician, I'd use that person, as long as they are pro material. Doesn't matter to me what they are outside of the band, as long as they are the consumate member within it, can contribute musically, & keep drama & other nonsense out of it all. I've worked with men who come with more drama than most women I've known.

#41343 by The KIDD
Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:28 pm
Hey Gang,

Yeah , I chose "No head Trauma"..BUT, Ive yet to find one with some issues.BUT, Im still waitin to see a donkey fly too.(so I got issues.. :P ). :lol: Jesus Capn :lol: as if we dont have too few females on here already, their certainly gonna bolt after this thread finishes. :cry: Yeah boys , we've posted on this before and as I stated the ones that were musicians as well as a good vocal were great to work with and just presented the usual "female in the band " probs which would be nipped in the bud by the serious committed females...I LOVE female vocals ..Love the high stack harmonies possible and emotion they put into the timbre of their vocals (Im breathin heavy NOW.. :P ).LOVE YA LONGTIME LADIES....Man , they're scares anymore nowdays around here, so lets not pissem off too much..

John

#41348 by Greeniemagic
Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm
I wouldn't worry about it Kidd!!! Us females that know our worth and tend to gain respect from most of the people we work with, DON'T run away from dinosaurs. We just pity them :P

There's good and bad in both sexes and to completely write off one because of bad experiences with a few, is just very sad really!!!

#41360 by RyanStrain3032
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:17 pm
Who cares what sex someone is? If they play good music, isn't that all the matters?

And by the way, the bass player in my band is a girl...and she's awesome.

#41362 by Robin1
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 pm
After being married to my ex-husband for 16 years, NOTHING scares me anymore. Unfortunately, you guys are stuck with me.

As a female vocalist, I have to say I would hire a female :lol:
Some people don't want a female in the band? Fine, I don't want to be in a band that didn't want a female in it. There are plenty of others who want me!

I think that we do add a little more emotion with our voices. We see things in a different perspective than men.

Some things I can belt out with the best of them, and others there is a softness. It is all those nuances that I think come across best with a female vocal.

My 25 cents worth (inflation ya know!)

#41388 by Starfish Scott
Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:47 am
You may be right, Robin. (emotion-wise)

OTHERWISE

I NEVER liked the female voice. SUE ME. I think it sounds better in church. (you want to whine now?)

I will play with a consumate pro, but not a female fronted band. I just don't dig it at all.

Shred? lol Did you fart? I didn't really think it was a personal attack. I was just being honest. Go take a Midol and crawl back under that rock till you come down. Are you a chick?

To be honest you have to know I just don't really care. I asked for your opinion and you know the addage about that. (Assholes that stink and everyone has one etc.)

KIDD, this isn't for the faint of heart. I don't faint, neither should they. You are entitled to think what you like and so am I. I asked because I wanted to know, nothing more.

Jimmy, same general answer. I am so glad that you think there is only 1 way to think about it. Shows me what and whom I am dealing with and for the record, I am about as exposed as I plan to be. Thanks for the links, but PASS.

Folks drama is a unisex bathroom, you never know whom you may encounter in there taking a giant piss.

Kramer, I don't like Courtney Love. (never did, never will)

I asked WHAT DO YOU LIKE THAT IS FEMALE ORIENTED OR FRONTED. What part didn't you get? People all fuct up on a Tuesday? Am I speaking English? Try answering what is asked instead of creating a vendetta because you think someone else disagrees with you personally. You're just trying to create more drama.

Funny how many sewing circle children we seem to have in wonder land.

In other words, make sure you eat the mushroom labeled "EAT ME". It might actually allow to read what is written instead of wtfever is going on via the sewing circle. Otherwise feel free not to reply, as MAYBE you are just a f**k retard. Or Maybe you have an axe to grind that is previous to this pathetic thread. I really don't care what ya think, I was just curious and wanted amusement. The point is I don't have an issue with people that don't agree with me, on the contrary, I embrace dissention and free thinkers.

Don't go burning any books now, folks. It's not all that serious, eh?

#41391 by fisherman bob
Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:12 am
I'll play with anybody other than eskimos, pre-op transexuals. ventriloquists, gnomes, Neo Nazis, rodeo clowns, astronauts, Hindus, Mayans, and Michael Jackson. Otherwise women are fine with me. Later...

#41392 by Black57
Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:37 am
8) It definitely depends on the woman as well as it depends on the man. I am professional and I am a kickass player. Even if I were ugly, the guys would want me in their band. :shock: for those reasons alone. I have yet to audition for a band without getting hired into the band. One thing I should mention is, even though I have no problems getting into a band, as a woman. I am usually the one doing the hiring. I am presently playing in 2 rock bands and a jazz combo. I leave my head trauma at home. :twisted:

#41393 by Shredd6
Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:46 am
Like I didn't see this coming...

I knew Capt. was jonsen' for a rant.

Typical Trekkie.. Hey Capt., the Klingon's went that way! :arrow:

#41400 by gbheil
Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 am
We are composing a tune now for a Lady of our aquaintence.
She is a bit rusty of pipes but her heart and mind are in the right place.
Improvement with each rehersal. It's her song, out of her heart, hell yes she can sing it with us. And I'll stand right beside her with my Paul and play the best I can for her sake.

#41410 by jimmydanger
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 am
Crapton, I'm convinced you like being told that you suck. You are a no-talent wannabe who enjoys trying to tear down others who have more talent than you, which would be anyone. You are scared of women, and you should be because you have no testicles. I provided links of women who could rock you into the ground but you pass. I see now why they call New Jersey New York's toilet. Pathetic loser.