This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41055 by philbymon
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 pm
Every time I start watching something on Comedy Central, her damned commercial comes on about the abused pets with the sad sad song. Talk about a buzz kill! Ruinates every show I try to watch with that sad crap, & she's just good enough to draw my attention, too! HATE her for that! Why can't they advertise happy stuff on that channel?

Sorry, but I couldn't think of anything else to bitch about.

#41056 by gtZip
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:59 pm
Yeah... I dislike those commercials too. Depressing.
And its going to wear out/ruin that monster of a song.
#41062 by Black57
Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:19 pm
philbymon wrote:Every time I start watching something on Comedy Central, her damned commercial comes on about the abused pets with the sad sad song. Talk about a buzz kill! Ruinates every show I try to watch with that sad crap, & she's just good enough to draw my attention, too! HATE her for that! Why can't they advertise happy stuff on that channel?

Sorry, but I couldn't think of anything else to bitch about.

Ohh, I love that song...I always have to fight back tears when I see the commercial. However, if you watch the commercial with my kids it will crack you up. :lol: I guess it depends on what you hear and see and if you are menstruating :oops:

#41064 by Crip2Nite
Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 pm
YA SPELT HER FREAKIN' NAME RONG YA DOP! :x

#41066 by philbymon
Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:28 pm
Cryp, I don't like her enough to care about how she spells her naym. LOL

Um...Mz Black57? I have never had the pleasure of experiencing menstruation, & frankly, I don't really think I've missed a thing. I will admit that the one-eyed dogs kinda get to me, though. I've met a few of them. Usually pugs, pekenese, or shitzus. They seem to have a lot of trouble with that sort of thing, thanks to their overbred state of being.

I find that I'm often a bit overprotective of my pugs cuzza that. It's hard to keep in mind the fact that they are dogs, sometimes, isn't it? They become such a big part of your life.

#41106 by Black57
Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:01 am
philbymon wrote:Cryp, I don't like her enough to care about how she spells her naym. LOL

Um...Mz Black57? I have never had the pleasure of experiencing menstruation, & frankly, I don't really think I've missed a thing. I will admit that the one-eyed dogs kinda get to me, though. I've met a few of them. Usually pugs, pekenese, or shitzus. They seem to have a lot of trouble with that sort of thing, thanks to their overbred state of being.

I find that I'm often a bit overprotective of my pugs cuzza that. It's hard to keep in mind the fact that they are dogs, sometimes, isn't it? They become such a big part of your life.

I envy you for never experiencing menstruation, yes you did miss something but you also missed a gunshot wound to the head. :wink: You also missed childbirth which is when I realized that I COULD take a gunshot wound to the head.However, without experiencing birth, I would have never heard my kids make fun of the one eyed dog on that commercial...it is hilarious! Now that IS something that I feel bad about you missing, Phil/ :lol: They should put it on Youtube.

But seriously, I watch all of those pet police shows on the Animal Planet and I can't stand people who can't take care of their pets. Also puppy mills are deplarable. Money makes people do horrible , horrible things. I saw the episode of Animal Precint that featured that poor little one eyed dog.I wish that I had accomodations for a dog. My daughter has a yorkie, Shinoda ( named after Mike Shinoda ), which we were worried about because he didn't seem healthy. He is much better now though. I am just wandering off topic a bit...Sorry.

Mary

#41110 by Paleopete
Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:29 am
I watch all of those pet police shows on the Animal Planet and I can't stand people who can't take care of their pets.

Ditto. I don't have cable, very rarely watch TV, mostly because of irritating commercials that are an insult to your intelligence, but I absolutely can't stand people who don't take care of their pets. Remember me making comments nere and there about neighbors' dogs making it hard to get any quiet time to record? That's why.

Neighbor here has a dog. In a pen. Walks out and drops some food in a bowl once a day, never even looks at the dog again. Dog is lonely and neglected, miserable, sits there and barks and yaps for hours on end. I think the owner should be horsewhipped. Hung by his toes. Used for target practice by 23 twelve year olds with slingshots...

Two neighbors like that actually, one of them has been doing it for 2 years, one of the same neighbors had another dog when I first moved here, tied up out back. Ugly little white long haired thing that was actually dingy grey, matted hair and yapped constantly. Only time I ever saw anyone go near the dog was when they dumped some food in a bowl, and I could watch that one from the window in front of this computer. Walls here are thin, no insulation, I can hear you talk if you walk down the street. I can hear the dogs loud enough it wakes me up at 4AM almost daily.

I haven't seen the commercial you mentioned, not familiar with the artist or the song, but commercials in general are in insult to your intelligence. I quit watching TV 30 years ago for two reasons. Commercials, already explained, and the programming itself, which is...well, same as the commercials. Stupid, inane garbage that's an insult to your intelligence. Especially the "comedies" that seem to get more and more stupid all the time.

You can have your TV, gimme a good book any time...

#41113 by Hayden King
Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:17 pm
this topic has went to the dogs!
AWOOOOOOO

#41120 by jimmydanger
Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:48 pm
My new neighbor has a pit bull he keeps tied up to a tree in the back yard. It barks all day. The other day I saw the dog chewing on an old loaf of bread they had thrown it. Why have an animal if you don't intend to treat it right?

#41131 by Starfish Scott
Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:35 pm
LOL "I love women, but am fing glad I am not one." (Child birth is for crazies.) (adoption is def an option)

I always get a really bad sinking feeling when I see the commercial about the polar bears floating away on melting sheets of ice, only to drown because they can't swim all the way back to land.

That's a fing heart breaker there. If they weren't asking for money, I'd be crying like a baby. (I am glad they ask for money, it reminds me that it is another scheme to separate you and your $)

#41135 by JohnnyAngel
Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:08 pm
Wow.........ok......so..........WHAT!

#41146 by Black57
Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:55 am
Capt. Scott wrote:LOL" (Child birth is for crazies.) (adoption is def an option)

So true, I was crazy 3 times. I can't believe these kids are adults now :D

But, i do like that song by Sarah McLachlan. She has a distinctively penetrating voice. That song was played in Sarbucks the other day and everyone began talking about the dogs.

#41155 by gbheil
Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:59 pm
I dont like any of those whine ass bag socalist.
Hey rich bitch what about the people starving across the street from your animal shelter.
Dogs not bad cooked right.
So many cats, so few recipes!
I have dogs, cats, my pig died.
We treat them well, and I love my animals, but they are just animals.
Now that I think about it. I like my dog a lot more than a lot of people I have met. But I'd BBQ him in a pinch.

#41177 by Rick Stringfellow
Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:44 am
That's it. f**k this place.

#41181 by Crip2Nite
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:21 am
^^^^^^^^

:shock: HUH????? :? WTF??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: