This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38470 by Starfish Scott
Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:35 pm
Ah crap, it's true..

He died of Pneumonia relateds.

It's a sad day to be sure..

#38473 by Andragon
Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:59 pm
I heard bout him being hospitalized last week or something.. he died??
RIP .. why the f**k do all the funny people die? I don't wanna die yet :(

#38474 by Kramerguy
Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:00 pm
yeah, real shame, the guy was a credit to the human race. Pneunomia is literally a silent killer. I had it a couple of years ago and found out that that it almost killed me, it didn't seem THAT bad.

#38479 by gbheil
Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:21 pm
Yo, not to initiate rumor or anything but the diagnosis was not just pnumo.
His other condition and the pneumo are both frequenty related to HIV / AIDS. At any rate I am sure he was immunocompramised by something.
Try to live healthy my friends. Life is short enough.
He was a funny man. He will be missed.

#38500 by dgarman
Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:45 pm
Didn't Jim Henson die of pneumonia?

#38508 by Shredd6
Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:03 am
Ah man.. That sucks. I really liked his show. That dude was cool as hell.

#38527 by philbymon
Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:47 pm
This really saddened me. Bernie was a true family man who really cared for ppl. A huge loss of one of the finest examples of "fill-in-fatherhood" I ever saw, & a great comedian as well.

I had a run of the pneumo there for about three years, but seem to be okay these days. Got it, like, 4-5 times in that 3 yr period, both in winter & summer, for crying out loud. I think it might be related to the fact that as an infant I nearly died from pneumo-cackus (sic) meningitis. I've heard that once you get it, it's easier to get again, unlike other stuff that you get stronger against once you've had it.

Is that true, sans?

#38530 by gbheil
Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:29 pm
Can weaken the respiratory tract. However generally the immune system gets stronger after any infection.

#38630 by philbymon
Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:13 pm
Oh good! Then I shouldn't worry too much about getting spinal meningitis again?

#38655 by Dajax
Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:50 am
Aw, that's too bad :( I just hope some studio wiz-kid isn't pitching a new Weekend At Bernie's sequel to his agent....I kid, I kid!

#38656 by philbymon
Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:25 am
Funny one. Dj

#38657 by gbheil
Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:31 am
Philby, meningitis is an inflamation of the meningi, it can be caused by virus, bacteria, or other types of irritation ie trauma. In general the immune system protects the body via the circulatory system. If an infective agent crosses the blood/brain barrier it is pretty much free to "do its thing" This is why meningital infections are so dangerous. The Dr should have told you what the causative agent was if they knew. They will culture the spinal fluids to test for virus or bacteria in order to make treatment more effective. You can never rule out an infection, not even the "proven" vaccinations are % 100 effective.
When one studies microbiology you wonder how we stay alive at all.

#38659 by philbymon
Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:44 am
It's okay, sans...I had pneumo-coccis spinal meningitis at the tender age of 18 months, & yeah, it's a true wonder that I live to speak about it. At one point, I've been told, my temps ranged at 106 degrees, & they worried about brain damage, which would explain a lot - :wink:

They brought my temps down by dunking me in ice water, & the fever miraculously dissipated, & I became well.

Haven't had too many health prob's in my life, but I always wondered if there was a predisposition to repeat the experience, ya know? Esp when I've heard about the frequent break outs of the disease.

The buncha prob'a with pneumonia worried me for awhile, too, but I'm sure I'm fine.