This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#34106 by Irish Anthony
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:50 pm
yes indeed folks...this is the end of irish anthony on band mix...i have to say that ive learned more about the american people than music but there ya have it.....ive enjoyed my time here but im sick of the "america f**k yea" crap some of the blind fools on here love to throw around...
as ever one or two f**k ride the boards like it was a mustang...
this used to be fun once upon a time but now it just a joke...

i wish to say goodbye to eveyone who i would like to call friends...you guys know who you are(too many to say)..but as all the old school or old guard left the boards became dull and now its just a "im awesome what do you think" shitfest.....once irmy and GA left eveything stopped...

i like to think that ive helped one or two people hear and vice versa but now its time to make some music...i hope to see some of you on down the road....so for the very last time.........

slainte mi chara......(cheers my friends)

#34107 by jimmydanger
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:01 pm
I wouldn't let anyone chase me away from a board, but I've left a few for various reasons. Take care and rock on!

#34114 by Greeniemagic
Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:44 pm
Shame your going mate but take care of yourself anyway!!

#34117 by Andragon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:09 pm
Don't be a fool and quit, because you don't get along with one person or two. Get a grip, stay, and keep making music.

#34123 by Craig Maxim
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 pm
If anyone should leave it is me.

I got nowhere close, in my comments to you or Phill, to the vicious and PERSONAL assaults, that you both dished out to me. With you even making a demeaning comment about my wife.

NEVER have I addressed either of you like that.

Nevertheless, I apologize for being too aggressive in debates, and I realize, occasionally I have made offensive comments as well, and I am sorry.

#34140 by blair_rock
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:09 pm
Really thinking about leaving myself too. It is getting crazy here where you have to worry that someone will jump down your throut about any comment you make. I deleted my MySpace account when I realized you couldn't say you where a christian without getting jumped on. Been that way here sometimes too. Seems to be getting to be less about music and getting along and more about I don't agree with that so here I come blasting.

Irmy and I were able to get along because we respected each others right to our own faith and opinions. And also treated each other with respect.
I believe that some here are just looking for a fight and something to argue about.
I'm just glad I've found another comunity where the type of crap that goes on here isn't allowed. If anyone else is interested contact me and I'll let you know about it.
Not posting it now out of respect to band mix.

#34146 by Shapeshifter
Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:34 pm
Hey, I just finished a new song in the studio! Anybody wanna hear it?...

Hello? Guys?...

Where'd everybody go?

It sure is lonely sitting here by myself...

All I can say is SUCK IT UP AND MOVE ON! Craig, Anthony, I've really enjoyed talking to you fellas, hell, even debating with you. I value your presence here (and the knowledge that you share). A couple days ago, you had a heated argument and now everybody wants to take their ball(s) and go home.

Guess what...tomorrow's a new day (don't make me break into "Annie" songs-you guys WILL regret it).

#34147 by Kramerguy
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 pm
This is stupid.

I argue on a political forum daily that has very little moderation. People use slanted and biased points of view, they openly insult each other's ideals, etc..

But in the end, I've still learned a few things from many of them on both sides, and have even been convinced that my point of view was wrong, and changed my position of a few things.

What I'm getting at is that the rewards of this site, and all the benefits of Craig's, Irish's, hell... everyones experiences are helpful to not only me, but a lot of people, including people who lurk and don't post.

Don't leave because your feelings are hurt, or that you think this place has turned ugly. One thread in 20 gets mean, and thats a blessing on ANY internet forum, seriously.

PEACE :D

#34153 by gbheil
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:09 am
I have enjoyed you musical insight despite political differences Anthony.
You could just tell me to shut up and play like the boys in my band do.
Anyway. Best to of all to you & God bless.
George

#34156 by The Hunter
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:18 am
Oh come on!
Don't be like that Sindy chick.
(Remember Andragon; ever so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!) :lol:
Just because you disagree with some people doesn't mean your opinion is worthless.
I pretty much killed political debate on the General Chat.
If anybody remembers, the post with the most?
Cmon, Anthony, what the hell?!

#34187 by Crip2Nite
Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 am
...... I'll start posting pics of big boobs if ya stay!! :P

#34205 by jw123
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:20 pm
Good Luck Anthony whereever you are.

My dad always said if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

My mom always said put your big kiddy diapers on and move on.

Personally I find all this crap entertaining, in the grand scheme of the cosmos who really gives a f*** anyway. I for the life of me cant understand why anyone gets upset about something someone post here on this site or anywhere. I dont understand announcing to the world Im gone, hell just leave if thats how you feel. And then everyone gets all nicey nice.

#34223 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 pm
It has the feel of a mausoleum in here. GOT GAS, as I have the fire..>? lol

I feel like we are at IA's funeral... wasn't he on the space shuttle? I think he was... (mists forming and enveloping the background)

"Their mission was almost complete, and we lost them so close to home. The men and women of the USS ENTERPRISE had journeyed more than 6 million miles and were minutes away from arrival and reunion. The loss was sudden and terrible, and for their families, the grief is heavy. Our nation shares in your sorrow and in your pride. And today we remember not only one moment of tragedy, but seven lives of great purpose and achievement.

To leave behind Earth and air and gravity is an ancient dream of humanity. For these seven, it was a dream fulfilled. Each of these astronauts had the daring and discipline required of their calling. Each of them knew that great endeavors are inseparable from great risks. And each of them accepted those risks willingly, even joyfully, in the cause of discovery.

Irish Anthony was a boy of four when he first thought of being an astronaut. As a man, and having become an astronaut, he found it was even more important to love his family and serve his Lord. One of Rick's favorite hymns was, "How Great Thou Art," which offers these words of praise: "I see the stars. I hear the mighty thunder. Thy power throughout the universe displayed."

Philbymon was first drawn to the stars as a little boy with a telescope in his back yard. He admired astronauts, but, as he said, "I thought they were movie stars. I thought I was kind of a normal kid." David grew up to be a physician, an aviator who could land on the deck of a carrier in the middle of the night, and a shuttle astronaut.

Guitar Anatomy asked him several weeks ago what would happen if something went wrong on their mission. Philby replied, "This program will go on."

JW123 always wanted to fly planes, and rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. Along the way, he became a role model -- especially for his two daughters and for the many children he spoke to in schools. He said to them, "Whatever you want to be in life, you're training for it now." He also told his minister, "If this thing doesn't come out right, don't worry about me, I'm just going on higher."

Greenie was a physician and a flight surgeon who loved adventure, loved her work, loved her husband and her son. A friend who heard Greenie speaking to Mission Control said, "There was a smile in her voice."

Franny conducted some of the experiments as Columbia orbited the Earth, and described seeing new life emerge from a tiny cocoon. "Life," she said, "continues in a lot of places, and life is a magical thing." Franny could relate as she was kind of bug-like, herself.

None of our astronauts traveled a longer path to space than Craig Maxim. She left India as a student, but she would see the nation of her birth, all of it, from hundreds of miles above. When the sad news reached her home town, an administrator at her high school recalled, "She always said she wanted to reach the stars. She went there, and beyond." Craig's native country mourns her today, and so does her adopted land.

Blair Rock also flew above his home, the land of Israel. He said, "The quiet that envelopes space makes the beauty even more powerful. And I only hope that the quiet can one day spread to my country." Rock was a patriot; the devoted son of a holocaust survivor, served his country in two wars. "Rock," said his wife, Rona, "left us at his peak moment, in his favorite place, with people he loved." Get it? "Rock and Rona?" LOL

The Columbia's pilot was Commander JimmyDanger, whom friends knew as the most steady and dependable of men. In Lubbock today they're thinking back to the Eagle Scout who became a distinguished Naval officer and a fearless test pilot. One friend remembers Willie this way: "He was blessed, and we were blessed to know him."

Our whole nation was blessed to have such men and women serving in our space program. Their loss is deeply felt, especially in this place, where so many of you called them friends. The people of NASA are being tested once again. In your grief, you are responding as your friends would have wished -- with focus, professionalism, and unbroken faith in the mission of this agency.

Captain Scott was correct: America's space program will go on. This cause of exploration and discovery is not an option we choose; it is a desire written in the human heart. We are that part of creation which seeks to understand all creation. We find the best among us, send them forth into unmapped darkness, and pray they will return. They go in peace for all mankind, and all mankind is in their debt.

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you...

BURRRPPPPP!

-Stolen in large part from President Bush's Memorial Speech for the Columbia Astronauts and Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man."

#34234 by philbymon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:33 pm
I am so confusticatered!

Is Anthony here or gone?

Is the good Cap smoking that stuff again?

Where am I & however did I get here?

C'mon, Jo! Sing it with me:

"The sun'll come out...TOMOROW...Betcher bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun..."

Crap! I forgot the words!

Anthony, on a personal note - if you're gone, I'll miss you. If you're here, that's all well & goodly.

I think it might be better if I/we all spoke to each other as we would if we were in each others' presence. I doubt very much that many of us would say things to ppl in person that we say o/l. It's a shame that this is such an impersonal venue, & that I/we can take things so personally. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, yet it's done daily because it seems so...well...far away from us. Yet there are still the others on the end of our assaults, that DO take the hits. Eh...I figger I'll get over it all, & I hope that you do as well.

#34241 by Andragon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:36 pm
Crip2Nite wrote:...... I'll start posting pics of big boobs if ya stay!! :P

Oh, cmon. He MUST come back now.. okay, if I bring him back, you can have the boobs pics, bring the butts over to me. How did that song go? "I.. love-big-butts.." :lol:

The Hunter wrote:(Remember Andragon; ever so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!!!!) :lol:

Jeez, I was bout to go eat, and now you made me lose my appetite :(
I should give you a call when I'm on a diet. Just start reciting the first verse, and "woah look! I lost 2 pounds!"
:lol: Nah I'm still hungry :P