This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Hi!

#33244 by Nikki_M
Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:34 pm
I really want to start a band... but don't know how!!! I need major help!!!! Please???
:)

#33259 by philbymon
Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 pm
Nikki, you need to record something & let us know what you can do & what you're into. You don't even list influences. We need a lot more info from you in order to help you.

I know it's tough starting out.

You need friends to help. Make some musical friends. Meet ppl at open mics, music stores, etc.

You are young & have all the opportunity in the world.

You wanna play music? Go where the music IS. Learn from ppl who DO it.

If you sing, then do it in front of ppl who know & can help you meet others who need your talents. If you play, then try to get to play at an open mic with others who DO it regularly.

On-line is a fun thing to try & to get advice, but in reality, the only way to do it is to DO it with others in your area.

That is all the advice I have for someone without music up on thier ad.

Best of luck to you. m'lady.

#33312 by 4perkussion
Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:18 pm
If you want to meet other musicians and singers, you should search places where these folks hang out. Open mic jams are good as well as music stores. There is usually a gig board (bulletin board) in music stores where musicians seek other musicians. Attend live music events and make an effort to talk to the people performing. They can usually offer insight or know someone else who is looking for other musicians. A card with your contact information is good to have handy.

#33327 by The Hunter
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:21 pm
You need to project and expose you and your music to others, everywhere you can.
Success is obtained exactly the same way as failure; you set yourself up for it.
People don't plan to fail, they just fail to plan.
And perserverence can do many things genius cannot.