This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#31146 by neanderpaul
Sat May 10, 2008 5:29 am
I do, do you?

#31149 by The KIDD
Sat May 10, 2008 6:17 am
I know I know...I dont get it :P .Im puzzled. :?: ..We have all these great instruments and software plugins to play and record for the rest of our lives SO, why would anyone just wanna simply...like...sing...Seems such a waist...Its so...basic....We dont need words in music..How revolting :!: :? .Im SOOO glad I cant sing...Im one of the lucky ones I guess...I feel for you people that sing...Can ya not find a better way to express yourself? I mean really?

Hey Gang ,just bein a goofball tonite..Too much trackin..I wuvs peoples who can REALLY SING...Wish Id had been bless with the talent... I bees partial to the female gender when it comes to vocals.Theres been a few gooderns on here..Cant beat that "high stack" harmony.. 3-5-1 with the octave on top...My nads wont let ME get that high... :lol: ...

John

#31165 by philbymon
Sat May 10, 2008 1:40 pm
Hey, it's true - there are some ppl that just shouldn't sing.

After saying that, I sing, & I do it passably well. I've found that it has helped keep me from screaming.

Perhaps that's why so many ppl want to do it, eh?

#31167 by Niandra
Sat May 10, 2008 2:05 pm
uh huh

#31175 by fisherman bob
Sat May 10, 2008 4:04 pm
Actually I never wanted to sing. When I first started playing in bands I was an harmonica player. We had trouble finding a bass player, so when a world class harmonica player became available I took a crash course in bass and became a bass player. I started gradually singing a few tunes here and there to give our lead singer a break. Then when I moved from New Jersey to Kansas City I started singing more and more. We had trouble at times finding lead singers, so I reluctantly started singing lead (singing lead and playing bass at the same time is a PAIN in the ass). I never really liked my vocals until this last few years. I would say for me the more I sang the better I got. I guess you could say I sing because someone's got to do it. Later...

#31182 by Niandra
Sat May 10, 2008 5:41 pm
hey, you guys are taking it TOO literally
i didn't mean exactly sing
everybody wants to sing is more like a metaphor than a statement

the phrase has recently come to my mind after visiting some concerts, Dead Meadow and Pelican, to be exact.
so the bands that were warming them up.... don't know.... everybody wants to sing(play)... and they think they are good and unique...
frankly, i started to get disappointed in music , when musicians come on the stage with plenty of different instruments( gong, mandolina, several guitars....maybe there was smth else- we left to get a drink) they all sing in 3 voices, and they sing sh*t and play sh*t.

3 guys with the balls play like pussycat dolls)))

EVERYBODY WANTS TO SING IN THIS COUNTRY

although Pelican were really GOOD, and really woke me up- nice guys...
and Dead Meadow were too drunk... but their music is GOOD

#31199 by fisherman bob
Sun May 11, 2008 5:30 am
Hey Niandra, your critiquing skills are really good. You should apply to be an editor for Rolling Stone magazine, or maybe you could be a guest judge on American Idol. You certainly have a way with words. Later...

#31230 by Niandra
Sun May 11, 2008 6:09 pm
thanks, Fisherman Bob, but i'll have to disappoint you - that's not what i'm here for
american idol.... you must be kiiding me
take it easy...

#31239 by jimmydanger
Sun May 11, 2008 8:19 pm
Hmmm, not me. I enjoy doing backups and harmonies but not lead. I'm more of a sideman.

#31251 by fisherman bob
Sun May 11, 2008 11:52 pm
Hey Niandra, I AM taking it easy. Lucky you. Later...

#31280 by jw123
Mon May 12, 2008 1:59 pm
"Id like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony"

This thread is giving me flashbacks.

#31284 by gbheil
Mon May 12, 2008 2:15 pm
I sing every song we do. But the band keeps me away from the mic :D

#31347 by The KIDD
Tue May 13, 2008 2:53 am
Hey JW,

Lookin at your pic on your PF is givin ME flashbacks.LOL..Hey, great tunes ...Band sounds great!..Killer set list.All my FAVS..Wish I was drummin for you guys...Hey Fishman BOB, your last post tore me up..RFLMAO...Jesus...too much :lol: Reminds me of the movie "Arthur" when Hobson says"You certainly have a wonderful economy with words Gloria, I await your next syllable with great eagerness"

John