This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#30106 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:47 am
Oh my gosh, it is all over folks! We are all doomed! I actually uploaded audio!

Haha, Lol. Well, I know I have been gone a long time, not posting much. But I finally got some audio up guys and here are the explanations:

Both pieces are really short. I have to buy this converter for the computer so I can switch all the .wav (Wannabe) to .mp3. It is not your normal .wav file, Guitar Rig is odd about that stuff and will not save it any other way. I apologize for the short songs, but I want you guys to have an idea of what I can play like.

Anyhow, here is what they are about:

"Off We Go" - This is my favorite piece, I play the extended version of it in this clip, it really starts off shorter than it sounds. I have to finish it before I record the real one. This piece I have dedicated to a friend, she means a lot to me. You may get the feeling when listening to this of escaping, it gives that feel.

"Break The Night With Colour" - I just learnt this today, and I am covering it for you. It is by Richard Ashcroft, and for those of you who do not know him, he is the amazing lead singer of The Verve ("Bittersweet Symphony" ring a bell :D ). I decided to cover it, I love it.

Okay, I am open to your criticism! These are really rough drafts, so do not murder me. :lol:

Okay guys, I am glad to be around again! How is everyone? :D

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#30119 by jw123
Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:05 pm
Sounds nice GA, I kinda thought you would come out slamming for some reason. Tone sounds good, the notes sound precise like you know what you are doing. Welcome to the "posted music club", your a member of the PMC now.

You will be highly pissed at me but I just won a Mesa Mark IV off ebay, this is the amp that your man Kirk used on some of their biggest songs. I got the combo version so I can be more mobile. These 4x12 cab are killing this old man.

I hope things are going well for you and your family.

#30125 by gbheil
Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:37 pm
Welcome back GA good to hear from you again bro. Sounds like a really good start on your composition, keep it up. you know now you broke thru the fog we expect MORE! Just a short crit though. Ready ? Ok sounds to me you may be holding back some on your guitar because you are recording and want it to sound good to the listeners. We all do, but it will sound good if you pour a little of your blood on the fretboard. Play it with some soul brother. Let us feel what you do when you stroke the strings. As an example I seem to play the softer pieces better when I feel a little sad. And the ballsy stuff, if I let myself be kinda pissed about something.
Next time your feeling the blues a bit try it agian, keep the recorder as part of your practice and the interference of its presence will deminish with time.

#30134 by gtZip
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:17 pm
jw123 wrote:Sounds nice GA, I kinda thought you would come out slamming for some reason. Tone sounds good, the notes sound precise like you know what you are doing. Welcome to the "posted music club", your a member of the PMC now.

You will be highly pissed at me but I just won a Mesa Mark IV off ebay, this is the amp that your man Kirk used on some of their biggest songs. I got the combo version so I can be more mobile. These 4x12 cab are killing this old man.

I hope things are going well for you and your family.

Technically they used the Mark IV rigged up as a pre-amp. Marshall power amps.

Looking forward to checking out your audio GA. They frown on that sort of thing at work so I'll have to wait to leave a real response. :)

#30140 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:26 pm
Thank you guys for your quick look at my stuff, well it was not that long so it must have not been hard, huh? Lol.

JW, yeah, I knew what I was doing. Thanks for welcoming me to the PMC, haha. I will throw something up there harder soon. Yes, I am going to haunt you for buying that Mesa Boogie, and my friend who went and bought one too. You two are forever going to feel my presence, scared yet? :twisted: Neh, just messing with you, that really rocks, man. I am just going straight through Guitar Rig 3 with my ESP Viper-50.

SanshouHeil, this is the first time I have typed your name right without looking at it ten times, lol. Good criticism, I will do that, put more feel into it. When I post my heavier stuff, you will feel it, trust me. I have to lay down the tracks in the Guitar Rig.

GtZip, take your time, I know how it is when working and you cannot get to other things.

Well, I will be throwing some stronger stuff up soon. But I figured I would show I am still alive and give some samples. I want to get this Paul Allender PRS guitar I keep seeing, that thing looks great.

#30162 by Mike Gentry
Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:51 pm
Bout time little brother! Sounds damn good for your first recordings. Sanshouheil gave some good advice. You might be surprised how different your playing sounds depending on the mood. I don't critique others music as it takes way to much thought and I don't like to think unless I have to. My best advice is don't try to get it perfect. Don't try to play note for note but improvise a little. Relax the fingers and add a little of your own GA. feel to it.

#30165 by Craig Maxim
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:17 pm
Welcome to the land of sound brother! ;-)

Sounds good. Especially the first one, with the arpeggios. Like JW said, you play that pretty smooth and precise. Sounds like you are working hard. Don't ever stop! You're young. Take it as far as you can go, so you can get that pretty little dishwasher whose pic I posted before! :-)

#30168 by Guitaranatomy
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 pm
:lol:

Whoo, I'm cleaning up. Lol. I will be better than you Kirk Hammett! Not. :(

Anyhow, just kidding.

Mike, thanks man for the compliments, I'm going to throw some more feeling in there and worry less about making mistakes in the recordings (It is not like I"m publishing them).

Craig, the first one with the arpeggios is my ultimate piece, as simple as it sounds. I am still improving upon that one, I have yet to come up with a continuation that I approve of for it.

By the way, I forgot totally about that girl in the dishwasher ad... *Has to go find her now.* Dang, I got to get famous and find her still. :lol:

#30175 by neanderpaul
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm
Alright GA! Glad you posted buddy. :D Good luck with the process young man and keep hard at it. It sounds pretty good.

#30191 by philbymon
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:07 pm
A good beginning, GA. You've shown that you have timing, & rhythmic ability. Keep at it.

#30206 by Franny
Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 pm
Nice job GA, though i would recommend a metronome of some sort, even a click track.
If you like drum machines, this one is pretty easy to use.
http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/
click on the graphic to enter, the DM is free.

Using a DM or a metronome not only helps you stay in time, but it forces you to finally see just how a minute hesitation in either hand throws your internal rhythm off; without a metronome (we) normally get back on track with our internal time that had been thrown off by that slight hesitation and we never notice, we think we are "right on time". The metronome will show just how wrong you actually got.

#30212 by Needle in a haystack
Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:55 pm
Hey GA sound's good man i new you had it in ya!! Nice clean and smooth
and thats how i like my woman too..How ever ill keep my ears ready for the harder stuff.(as he goes to get a Qutip) 8)

#30227 by gtZip
Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:35 pm
Nothing to murder ya about.
Sounds pretty good through the headphones.
I know that you know whats wrong with it, or what its shortcomings might be already - so I'm not going to nitpick at stuff.
I would just take the advice that's been given so far and keep going. Go forth and conquer.

I need to get cracking again but there was this mysterious happening where there was a group of little kids and a broken laptop keyboard, and... well anyway, it's driving me nuts.
:)

#30228 by HowlinJ
Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:52 pm
Good job G.A.
I must admit that I was thinking along the same lines as J.W., expecting to hear some serious thrashin' sound, but I must admit ,I have a soft spot in my ears for nicely played arpeggiated chord playin', and was pleasantly surprised . It seems that you are getting a good relationship with that guitar. Keep it up. :wink:
Uncle Howlin'

#30229 by Craig Maxim
Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:56 pm
HowlinJ wrote:Good job G.A.
I must admit that I was thinking along the same lines as J.W., expecting to hear some serious thrashin' sound, but I must admit ,I have a soft spot in my ears for nicely played arpeggiated chord playin', and was pleasantly surprised . It seems that you are getting a good relationship with that guitar. Keep it up. :wink:
Uncle Howlin'

Yeah, we all expected him to be playing some wailing lead with the distortion maxed out. LOL

This kid always surprises us!