This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#26047 by nemo_dna
Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:44 pm
Hahaha I hope not . . . but I want everyone to check out my 3 songs i have up !! I recorded everything you hear on there and i got a video i just made up as well. . check it out and let me know what you guys think . . . . anyway thanks alot and give me your true honest feedback !! !

Chris - nemo_dna

#26080 by Irminsul
Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 am
Really well produced! Not my bag when it comes to style, but that's OK. I'm scared to think what you could produce in the next few years. Keep it up.
#26087 by The Hunter
Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 am
Hey Chris, I posted a reply to this topic in the General Forum. go look :)

#26144 by philbymon
Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:34 pm
Tossing out the gauntlet, are we? Challenging US for being AFRAID to give our opinions?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nice way to get me to listen, man. I was ready, too...guns loaded, hammers cocked back, new batteries for my laser sights...heh heh heh

But then you surprized me, mister. Not too bad, for this type of stuff. Nice dynamics. Smooth maneuvering from soft to harsh & back. Good vox, nice harmonies. Good tones. The songs are good, too, for thier genre. I don't hold recording techniques against anyone here...that's for the engineers & mixers & sound ppl & such, & we're musicians/songwriters/singers 1st, aren't we?

The only thing I could possibly say is "Don't you boys know any nice songs?" to quote Frank Zappa ( & my mom).

Good job...I wouldn't buy it cuz it ain't my thing but I'd still hafta listen to it cuz my son would buy it & play it a lot.

#26180 by neanderpaul
Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:27 am
Slick production, a little high-endy though. Definitely feels like coheed and cambria, deftones, other modern bands with high thinner voices. Kind of youngish feeling (that's a neutral comment). Great dynamics especially for programmed drums. Some intricate guitar/bass work. Screaming annoys me, but you do it well. You didn't overuse the vocal distortion. That's a common abuse. You are surely talented especially for your age. I don't like your songs enough to want to come back to them. That's just a matter of taste though. A frame of reference for some of my favs are the pixies, fugazi, quotsa, motorhead, everly brothers, the beatles, hendrix. I like 4/4 and verse chorus verse chorus solo chorus. I like singers and hooks. Again you are quite talented. Like Irminsul said I am curious as to what you come up with as you mature. In summary, rock on bro! 8)

#26238 by Kramerguy
Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:01 pm
Well here's my 2 cents:

I'm not going to spend too much time typing what everyone already said, so here's the basics:

Great production, good mix, etc. Instruments all sound good, vocals well mixed, etc. The music is also not my thing, but sounds appropriate to a manson style (forgive me if that is the wrong descriptive idea)

I will criticize you on the music/lyrical content though...

The three songs you posted are all different and unique. BUT.. at the same time-they all kind of sound the same. After listening to them, I wouldn't be able to name one from the other.

I feel like a hypocritical retard for saying that, considering it's still much better than anything I've ever recorded. But you said to be honest!

I'd be willing to submit that maybe it's because I'm not into the style, so much like my overcritical father, I'm just repeating that old saying "It all sounds the same!" like he did!

Overall though, good job!

#26315 by Irish Anthony
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 am
yes ill have to run with the gang on this one....

it sounds great in the mix...good job on the production..what program did you use??? everything sounds in its right place...but the style and tamber of all three tunes is more or less the same....in so much as they are different from each other....
i like my music with a little bit more structure to it...but thats just me

sounds like alot of s.c.a.r/scremo music ive heard since i moved to the states..
and its as good as any ive heard...but its just not my cup of tea..
good job amigo...you know your apples from your oranges... :wink:

slain.

#28686 by blair_rock
Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:56 pm
The fact that everyone says it's not their cup of tea says alot all by it self. Or only us old farts are replying.
I'm not smart enough to know the difference.
1st 2 songs do sound alike 3rd is different .

Well done, good stuff, I guess. But I'm curious what do you call this style of music?
Darn, I'm old.
You wanted honest, you got it. But I'm just a Whacko Jesus Freak, so my opion on the matter doesn't matter much.

#28801 by jimmydanger
Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:50 pm
Me likes! Good job.

#28807 by FastFret
Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:41 pm
Not quite my cup of tea, but the recordings sound good.

It's a little to emo'ish for me.. The vocals make me want to go sit in a corner and cut on myself or something :)

I'm sure my daughter would like it though, along with the rest of the millions of Hot Topic customers..

#30719 by Smooth5
Mon May 05, 2008 5:34 am
I'm smilin' here! The mello sections kinda reminded me of early Crimson with a Oompa loompa feel (I can still see the midgets head bangin"!) Thats not too cruel is it. I really like it. Good feel on the Drum programming that really pulls the note for note sh*t together. Good vocal style with original guitar and synth sounds. Bring it to Vegas!

#30974 by gtZip
Thu May 08, 2008 3:42 pm
I'm afraid to give it.

#30977 by neanderpaul
Thu May 08, 2008 5:16 pm
^ :lol:

#35918 by LifeInDecibel
Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:10 pm
I would start off by saying it's not my cup of tea, but I dig this stuff, and I would attend a concert if it was in my area. The mixing and sound quality is good, and although the music arrangement isn't complicated it makes my ears happy. I could imagine hearing this stuff on a local Chicago radio station.

*my favorite would have to be sleeper cel*
I like how there is a dramatic change like Jonathan Davis's Korn whinings, to an angry Deftones riff.

#38834 by stillkicken
Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:10 pm
I liked all 3 songs. To me though the snare (loudness, possibly type) was a little overpowering, not enough bottom end either. Could be my laptop doing that.