This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#23156 by Steel_Guitar
Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:10 am
Anybody notice that Pedal Steel Guitar is missing as one of the instruments in the "Instruments Played" area? I've been playing for about 30 years and found it very odd than an instrument that is so prominent in country music isn't even listed. Only option is 'Other' if you want to list yourself as a pedal steel player.

I've recently sent an email to the site owner(s) about this. Let's see if they add it to the listing.

#23164 by Needle in a haystack
Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:00 pm
Well anyway, welcome good luck keeping up. 8)

This is place get's insteresting :twisted:

#23167 by Jacquee Rae
Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:01 pm
Hey!
I did notice. My band SOUTHERN LAW is looking for a Steel Pedal Guitar player.
Good Luck with getting that added!!
~Jacquee Rae

PS. Let me know if you are in the Northeast Ohio area and looking!! :)

#23220 by The KIDD
Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:11 pm
Hey,

Sorry to hear of your musician loss...You guys have some good material...I like the female vocal..Kinda soul and country flavor combined..Im sure it wont take long to fill the bill...
I worked with steel players all through the 80s' and you guys denfinetly deserve a spot on here...I "Kinda" learned a little on a 12 string (E maj.9)
All I have to say is theres weird muscle memory going on with that instrument :lol:TOO MUCH.. :o .Definetly have my respect ...We play alot of 30'/40s; swing and I just saw a DVD of John Huey (RIP), Aubrey Haynie and other fiddlers and man that guy had a magic about him ...So smoooth ,flawless...He played C6 on the swing stuff then really showed off on the ole E9...

My best to you guys,

KIDD
#23356 by Billy G McCoy
Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 pm
I agree.

There should be a Steel Guitar Catagory. I too had to click on OTHER to add my Steel Guitar to the list of instruments I play. :roll:

If this could be added, it would help in marketing those who play the instrument. That's is the reason I joined in the first place....to market my skills.
8)

Billy

#23359 by HowlinJ
Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:35 pm
Billy,
That's some real nice playin' on "Smoof". :wink:
#24377 by Billy G McCoy
Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:22 am
Thanks Howlin J,

That song came about in the studio waiting for the singer/songwriter to show up for his session.

Me and the drummer and Keyboard player were told that the songwriter was stuck in traffic and would be an hour late.

I had an idea to go ahead and track something to make sure our levels and studio mix was right. ....I already had section A of the song written (it was a short and sweet, swingy blues thing (aka; Robben Ford) for a LINE 6 demo at the NAMM show in California about three years ago.
I took 10 minutes to write the B section and we tracked it first time through.
I added another guitar part and just a quick mix and that's what you hear.
There is NO final mix or master on this .

WE had fun and I think it shows in the track.

Nathan Coates on drums and Chris Booher on keys and organ.

Thanks again for the kind words about the tune.

B