This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#21966 by Starfish Scott
Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 am
I have a RG550 in road cone orange. (floyd-rose locking nut, maple neck, 24 fret, bought new in 1990, completely stock) I get this guy emailing me named "T H". This guy wants to trade me his Dell D510 for it. I tell him that I own every guitar I ever bought still and even though I hadn't played it in a year or more, I wasn't really looking to sell it unless the trade was very good indeed. (I use a strat about 99% of the time now)

He gets all pissy and tells me this contrived story about how he owns a software company and how he never got the chance to offer me his laptop, a guitar rig 2 with foot pedal and a new sonar 6 to compile with.

I felt bad for giving him trouble, as his Dell D510 is really not so good. It seems as if you can cook an egg on the back after it has been running for a bit. So I wrote him back and apologized. I explained that I don't use pirate ware etc.

So he writes me now and tells me that "his clientele does not use pirated software" etc. and how he is now going to look at a Jackson SL1 instead. But should he change his mind, I am supposed to be ready at a moments' notice.

I had a funny feeling about this asshole, so I called a buddy who is a state trooper and gave him particulars on this guy. Turns out he is a noted felon, wanted for all kinds of stuff.

Doesn't use pirated software, my ass! If something or someone looks or sounds too good to be true, it often is.

#21986 by gbheil
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:39 pm
Amen.

#22015 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:29 pm
God ain't that the truth, too many phonies in this damn world.
#25832 by Deesciple
Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:25 am
are you sellin' your rg? how much? can you send me pictures of the rg ([email protected])? thanx. -dee