This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#18386 by BMix
Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:06 am
The BandMix staff just wanted to wish everyone on the forum a Happy New Year. Everyone post their resolutions for 2008 when it comes to their musical career.

#18387 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:17 am
Happy New Year Bandmix staff!

My resolutions music wise for the 2008 year are fairly simple, I plan on working my way up to being good enough to make a band. Get some people together and rock it out on stage!

Also, it would be great to see Metallica in concert (Would be very influencing to my guitar abilities to watch Kirk Hammett live), and get some new gear. Maybe a PRS with a nice amplifier, and effect pedal.

Peace out everyone, GuitarAnatomy.

#18388 by Craig Maxim
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:52 am
To position "Southern Mischief" to be a full time touring band by 2009.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

#18389 by neanderpaul
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:36 am
The following is a straight copy from my post earlier today on fordfestiva.com.
Get more songs and vids made. And FINALLY finish the the festiva song and vid. I told myself I would record one song a week, and have one session a week of archiving from audio cassette, video cassette, mini disc, and digital video tape. I have thousands of tracks to archive. I have a list of about 30 originals and 30 covers to get recorded. It grows by the week. The songs sort of write themselves. Usually while I am driving. I record ideas on my voicemail from my cell phone. Then when I'm at home I get a first "sketch" recorded. Man I'm getting old and times goes faster and faster.

I'll give a short synopsis of why I am obsessed with the best car .......ever. Go ahead jab me about that. I am used to it. I've had 15
1. average lifespan of 300,000 miles
2. I know of 3 with over 500,000 miles (one of which is close to 600,000)
3. can be bought with 200,000 miles for about $600 in great shape - that's an average of 100,000 miles left for $600
4. 40 - 50+ mpg
5. 113 mph top speed (radar certified)
6. unibody cube so it's structurally sound (seen several rolled and driven home)
7. huge inside though tiny outside
8. start with a 1600 lb car and add a little cheap horsepower and embarass mustangs and wrx's :twisted:

proof of some of the previous claims .....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogHfsnnt2cc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_Yto_-PMs
eating a wrx sti
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7ce0 ... 82ee25.htm
this last one is my vid with my song http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6eMNvsvWH0
and just for kicks - these are me too..... :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zdsVxmYZsNc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HZ-KRo6lrE4
Sorry I'm almost as obsessed with festivas as I am with music :D

#18390 by JJW III
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:40 am
My New Years resolution is to finally realize music is going no where for me and I should thus give it up and apply my efforts to an endeavor that actually pays a dividend......or the bills.

#18392 by Craig Maxim
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:46 am
Wegman wrote:My New Years resolution is to finally realize music is going no where for me and I should thus give it up and apply my efforts to an endeavor that actually pays a dividend......or the bills.

That resolution SUCKS!!!

.... if you don't mind me saying so. LOL

#18393 by JJW III
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:49 am
Craig Maxim wrote:
Wegman wrote:My New Years resolution is to finally realize music is going no where for me and I should thus give it up and apply my efforts to an endeavor that actually pays a dividend......or the bills.

That resolution SUCKS!!!

As Metallica said.......Sad but true.

#18394 by Craig Maxim
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:54 am
Wegman wrote:
Craig Maxim wrote:

That resolution SUCKS!!!

As Metallica said.......Sad but true.

You have alot of talent brother. How can you be sure it is time to leave it behind? There may be other avenues you have yet to explore. In any event, here it is 5 minutes to midnight, New Year, and I am here appealing to you to give it a little more time! Have a rockin' New Year brother!

Your brother in music,
Craig

#18396 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:57 am
Wegman, I heard you say "Sad But True," thus I must chime in, lmao (I am a Metallica nut).

Man, look, it is one thing to go find a job or something that will make you some money, but never give up on your dreams. Never put that instrument down, you have talent, do not waste it. Sure, go find a way to earn a lot of cash, open up a business if you want. However, never give up on your music.

What would we be without our dreams, man? Where would I be? Heck, I would be a nothing right now if I did not dream of being a doctor. All I want to do is go into medicine, and thus I persevere, it is my passion. I love my guitar, but it comes second to that dream of being something so important like a doctor, and helping others. However, I still have not let go of my guitar, I love it. I want to do something in a band someday, be a great guitarist, not go pro, but at least do something fun with it.

So, you get the point. Never throw away talent, too many people have done that and wasted their lives. If I said right now I am going to become a rock star and threw in the towel, I would crash and burn man. I would destroy myself by not being a doctor. I am not trying to be cocky, but I am very bright when it comes to science and things of that nature. Thus, I will never give up.

Hold onto your dreams, keep fighting.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18407 by RhythmMan
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:03 pm
My res. is to completely finish recording all tracks on one new song a week

#18408 by HowlinJ
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:53 pm
Happy New Year "Band Mix Staff",
The first thing that I intend to do in "08" to further my musical carear is to load some "audio" onto my BandMix profile. I regard BandMix to be a very "Powerful Tool" that ,if used properly, can help any one to accomplish their musical goals.

Many thanks,

"J"

Note to Wegmen,
"Music .....is so much less....then what you are." (lyric from an old "Incredable String Band"song)

You must control the music,
don't let it control you.

#18410 by Guitaranatomy
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:16 pm
HowlinJ wrote:You must control the music,
don't let it control you.

Unless it is Trance music, that stuff does tend to like take over your brain. You can still rationalize, but uh, you kind of feel high, lmao.

Note: Wegman, as I said, never give up your dreams, man.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18415 by Crip2Nite
Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:00 pm

#18420 by johnnya
Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:26 pm
get back on the scene, have a good head start, already booked at 2 major clubs here in the area,
1. get way better on my guitar
2. dont pay attention what hacklers say
3.start originals in about 3months

#18427 by Irminsul
Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:29 pm
Happy New Year, gang (Bliadhna Bhatha Uire to my Gaelic friends).

My resolution is to have even half as good a year as I had last. Life is good.