This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#13840 by Ed
Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 pm
I play bass guitar and I am looking for a band or a talented guitar player to write and record with.

Me - In my 30's, lots of experience recording and playing live, decent equipment, some chops, transportation, reliable, and trustworthy.

I am seeking an original, guitar oriented, rock band.

I prefer post-punk, post modern, new wave, old DC hardcore, ambient, down-tempo, punk, emo, shoegaze, nerd rock, trance and otherwise interesting rock/pop music forms.

I am not interested in most forms of metal (except ambient metal, noise rock and original heavy rock).

I am not at ALL intrerested in cover bands, anything christian, funk, rap, and most country (especially current Nashville).

I used to play bass for an alt.country band called Slacks.
Songs on their myspace feature my bass playing -
myspace(dot)com/slacks
I would, however, like to do something a bit less 'countrified' this time around.

Please listen to the tunes on my Myspace page (myspace(dot)com/continuousaggravation) for examples of stuff I've written on my own, track 4 is the newest.

e mail me at ed(at)slacksmusic(dot)com

Thanks for reading.

#13846 by jimmydanger
Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:17 am
Too bad you're in PA sounds like we have some common interests. BTW, you don't really need to spell out websites, this site won't strip them (for example, www.myspace.com/thefarleys).

#13853 by Ed
Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:53 pm
Yeah, I get that a lot.

I wish there was more music going on in my area that I could get with. There are lots of crappy cover bands and kids who claim to be 'meta'l but they really just bang and clatter while doing a cookie monster impression.
Oh well, I'll find something eventually...I hope.

Thanks for the tip on the forum function. The profile pages on bandmix strip urls, a feature gthat I find extremely irritating.

#13867 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 pm
Ed, I read your ad before. You seem like a good musician. Learn to hide your info in your musician ad, not the forum post.

Give my tune a listen and tell me if that style is something you can relate to.

I think you aren't even too far from my little hidden bar in the woods of PA, near Quakertown. That's where we go to test new music out that isn't exactly mainstream and only be critiqued by the owner and the barmaid. lol

#13885 by Ed
Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:58 pm
Hey Capt,
Thanks for the warning. Should I be worried about the forum police booting me if I post links to other sites? I mean, who gives a sh*t really?
If bandmix hopes to get some kind of community going they're going to have to be somewhat tolerant or they'll end up driving everyone away. It's not exactly booming.

I listened to your tune 'My Friend 222'. Ya man, pretty cool. Vocally it reminds me of the Hurdy Gurdy Man and chordally (is that a word?) it reminds me of a Dylan song the title of which escapes me right now. I dig it. It's a little too 60's for my personally taste but you've definitely got something going on. Kudos.

I posted a song on my profile too. Check it out if ya want. It's a little more late 80s early 90s, a musical era I can't seem to let go of. We all have our own thing.

Thanks.

#13891 by Starfish Scott
Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:01 pm
ED,

Nice tune, reminded me of Rush with a touch of Filter. Keep looking, people will start showing up for you now, I think.

I am glad you adjusted so people can contact you more readily, (cowers slightly) I don't really know how tolerant people are, but I keep the head low. lol

Ya got anymore to upload? And ps: i just sent one your way, he should get in contact with you soon enough.

EDIT: Wanna hear something strange? Never heard "Hurdy Gurdy Man" till today. If you remember the Dylan song it reminded you of, I would be very interested in knowing which it was.