This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232637 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 pm
Probably the first thing you should do is play it to a click track or metronome to keep your timing good, this will be much easier for a drummer to play along with. Then post it in the MP3 player in your profile.

#232648 by MikeTalbot
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 am
Mike is correct my friend. As a bassman I've learned that of all things a bass part alone is least likely to suggest to other players how the song actually sounds.

Don't let old bad habits slow you down. Seriously. (I myself belong to 'bad habits anonymous')

The players here are mostly professionals / former professionals etc. with lots of experience, often in multiple genres.

It's possible but not likely that someone will have time to be 'kind' but much more likely if you put just a bit more effort into it.

Just a suggestion but after my ten year break (with minimal practice) I got warmed back up by playing a lot of scales to toughen my fingers and muscle memory - then jammed with local garage bands to put it back together.

Remember: everybody needs a bass player!

Good luck

#232649 by Jahva
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:53 am
basil
If this helps you're welcome to it.... you asked nicely.
I don't think it's punk but maybe when you sing to it. :P
The track you posted is not really usable so I tried to record at least the spirit of your song.
I'm not much of a lead player so it is what it is... if I have some time tomorrow I'll see what else I can add to it. Needs some cleaning up on the performance but you'll get the idea. I just took your bass line and tried a few things with it... There are much better performers here maybe someone else can give it a go for you.
Good luck to you and a Happy 25th!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15367559/Punk2.wav

#232694 by Levallian
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:32 am
Hey, I jsut wanted to let you know if you know how to write sheet music you can use noteflight.com to write your own drum part. good luck.

#232721 by gbheil
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm
Hope my wife never asks me to write a song for her . . . :shock:

Answer will likely keep me in the dog house for weeks.
( but that is where my studio is so . . . she still won't get a song)

Best wishes . . . and congratulations on the long lived relationship.

#232743 by gbheil
Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:01 pm
Missed something here . . .

Do you have these in wav files that can be sent . . .

Just exactly how did you intend to mix remote tracks ?

#232755 by gbheil
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 pm
Thank you. you should check out our newer stuff on reverberation.

http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist/vi ... st_2540124

Time factor . . . I might convince Steve-O to lay down a track for you.
We are however pushing to prepare for Nashville.

Never the less . . . I'll speak to Steven.