This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#230076 by zar535135
Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm
A couple purchases that I had made recently. I traded in an Acoustic/Electric for an Epiphone Acoustic/Electric PR5-E. Also purchased a 120 watt P.A. system on sale for $170.00.
So far both seem to be good deals

#230078 by gbheil
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm
It's customary with admission of G.A.S. to post photos so the rest of us can drool without the financial burden associated. :wink:

#230088 by Starfish Scott
Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:13 am
I gotta laugh, I still don't know to post pics on this site.. (except on the homepage)

DOH. lol

#230089 by gbheil
Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 am
:shock: :lol:

Got to have a hosting site like Photobucket . . . it's free.
Upload you pictures there and the copy paste the image code here

Click IMG at the top of the page, then paste your code from the host site & click IMG again.

[img][img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/sanshouheil/GeorgeMomDad_zps4ce05823.jpg[/img][/img]

Here is the Photobucket home page link.

http://s293.photobucket.com/

#230101 by BOFH
Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:21 pm
My most recent musical purchase:

Looks good with my other purchases:

#230107 by gbheil
Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm
:D

#230131 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm
Zar - what kind of PA system did you get for $170?! Please don't tell me it was a Harbinger!
I checked out one of those Epiphone A/E's 2 years ago when I was shopping around for an a/e, but I wanted something that sounded full when played acoustically, and it's small body didn't do it for me. For my under-$300 budget, I had narrowed it down to the Epi AJ220 and the Fender CD140sce, and I scooped up a Fender barely used for $199. I added the extended warranty for $20 and when the electronics gave me problems one time I called up the extended warranty place and they sent me a full refund+ with a Guitar Center gift card for $227.
I brought the guitar to the GC tech, he fiddled with it, replaced the battery and its worked fine ever since! 8)

#230134 by Starfish Scott
Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:24 pm
"Behringer" (retch) (oh nooooo)

"quick, take it back".. lol

#230183 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:42 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:"Behringer" (retch) (oh nooooo)

"quick, take it back".. lol

I don't think Behr make a 120 watt system, but I agree regarding the retching!

#230192 by gbheil
Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:54 pm
psssst little secret.

Behringer is producing top of the line professional computerized boards being utilized by touring bands all over the world.

Their profits from selling inexpensive equipment and a recent business merger has put the at the top of the pack with their top of the line digital computer controlled systems.

Yeah . . . I was shocked too.

#230196 by Cajundaddy
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:08 pm
sanshouheil wrote:psssst little secret.

Behringer is producing top of the line professional computerized boards being utilized by touring bands all over the world.

Their profits from selling inexpensive equipment and a recent business merger has put the at the top of the pack with their top of the line digital computer controlled systems.

Good to hear and long overdue George. Everything I ever bought from Behringer in the past was schite.

#230204 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:53 pm
Oh, yeah, their top line stuff is very good. But the low priced stuff is crap.
I had a behr 2x12 amp as my spare practice amp during my beatles tribute time, it was adequate, cost me $160 and I sold it for $175.

#230208 by Starfish Scott
Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 pm
sanshouheil wrote:psssst little secret.

Well i wouldn't know about the top of the line stuff, but I have used a couple of Behr boards and other stuff and I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.

The stuff acted and sounded like cheap junk.

I'd rather go with something like Yamaha ... Nice middle of the road stuff and the older Yamaha stuff I really really like.

#230353 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:58 am
I picked up an Ernie Ball VPJR off of Craigslist. It's the 25K version. I've got it placed in my signal chain just after my EFX send in my loop so I can use it for volume swells, ambient delay swells & mock steel stuff.

Grabbed a Weber Sig 12S alnico to try in my '67 Silvertone 1482

Fell in love with it and just ordered another for this little Univox made '59 accordion amp that I bought last summer.

Just picked up three ANOS Ratheon 12AX7 black plates (also known as American Telefunkens)

...and a Hammond labeled I63 Blackburn Mullard for V1 of my Tweaker 15.

#230355 by gbheil
Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:01 pm
I'm utilizing one of those MXR EQ's to tame the volume of my Marshall Class 5 in small venue settings.
It works pretty good actually.
It is not as righteous of tone as the amp itself set at 11, but the difference is acceptable in most situations . . . for now.