This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#229561 by Miep
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:30 pm
I've had a plethora of cheap keyboards from garage sales I've been using, but they're simply a little too bad/old. I have a nice 2k Yamaha at my normal studio but I need a cheap one for home fun. Looking or something around 100-300 (I recognize this isn't enough for a good keyboard, but I should be able to find one until I throw 1k into it in a few moths) any suggestions for the time being? Not looking for a perfect acoustic piano sound (I can use y standup for that). Mostly need something with basic piano and synth sounds with a pedal

#229575 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:37 pm
In that low price range, check your local music shops and craigslist for used instruments.

#229606 by Randy Roze
Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:10 am
I buy a lot of used gear on Craigslist and ebay.
I got a Roland Juno Di used for 250-300$ which has a bunch of great piano sounds among other things. The Korg equivalent, but a little more money is the M50.
There are a ton of micor Korgs out there, and might be able to get a decent electric piano sound out of that.

Hope that helps,
Randy

#230697 by Tuomas Easton
Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm
have you considered using a midi controller keyboard and a computer, vs a new keyboard with on-board sounds? It might give you more flexibility for sounds when practicing at home.

-Tuomas Easton
http://www.tuomaseaston.com/