This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#227785 by J-HALEY
Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:13 pm
Thanks for the info Ted. Now that MI is no more perhaps I'll get a little writing time in and become a major country star! :lol:

#227789 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:21 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Thanks for the info Ted. Now that MI is no more perhaps I'll get a little writing time in and become a major country star! :lol:

LOL :lol:

apparently it isn't that hard to do

#227985 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14 pm
You haven't done it Yod, you still rely on that tired old concept of "Coming to see me will bring you closer to God"

Maybe you should take some of your advice instead of giving it.

#227998 by DainNobody
Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 am
do you realize Leninard that yod does this forum a service? we are all beneath him, every last one of us, in relation to musical success that yod has had compared to any of us.. as somebody here on this forum once said, yod does not need to co-mingle with us losers, but he does because of his Jesus filled heart, and dips well below his standards conversing with us..we are like the hordes of hell stretching for that drip of water just out of reach to the parched tongue.. yod is that drip of water symbolically..

#228004 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 am
Aww, that's nice of ya Dane to take up for me. :-)

Oh Lynard, if I were to tell all my stories you'd think I was nuts. Way beyond what you think already...so who cares?

My uncle Robert started out playing fiddle with George Jones locally in Vidor TX with my grandpa, Willy on lead guitar. Uncle Robert left town to go play with Web Pierce in 1953 and they had 13 #1 hits in a row. That's still a record, btw. George has helped out a few local boys (Mark Chestnut, Tracy Byrd) and I could have done that IF I wanted to make it in C&W.

I tried it out in 1980 and it would have been easy to get in on "new country" back then. Ever heard of Buck Trent? Played in a country band for a year that opened for him, and we also backed him up. Though I had never played country before or since, they hired me and brought in a couple of guys from Bob Wills band to teach me how to play Texas swing. Heck, I could not follow those guys on a simple 3 chord progression, they were so freakishly good.

Ever tried to play Texas swing, Lynard? When you can, we'll let you say you're a man.

But it was driving me crazy and I was losing my self-respect as a rock guitarist so I hitchhiked home from a gig in Jena LA, then moved to Dallas in '81

#228501 by Lynard Dylan
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:10 pm
My Uncle Keith. played steel guitar, for Bob Wills, doesn't mean I'm any good.

We've all got stories, that you might think are unbelievable.

So Dane is defending you. I don't read his bs anymore. but it's fitting Birds of a Feather Flock together. Think you're getting the worst end of the deal Yod.

#228502 by Lynard Dylan
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 pm
Wait. you're going to let me say I'm a man. lol

Itraveled the South Seas in the late 70s as a demo man, working on gov't nuclear test sites.

I've raised 4 kids, and have took care of my family, and won't back down to anybody.

Yet you with your religious authority, think you can decide who's a man and who is not? I laugh at you, your a sheep while I'm a killer.

#228546 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:10 pm
OK, I concede.....your uncle Keith is a man. That's as close as you get until you can play swing.

Since you're afraid to post any music, we're not even sure you are a musician.

I've raised 6 kids, btw.....as a professional musician. And I respect everyone except bullies and perverts.