This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#220463 by ImprobableTodd
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:25 pm
Got Crimson? Do you have musical sensibilities influenced by King Crimson, Gabriel-era Genesis, ELP, Tull, Yes, the Beatles, the Who, Doors, CSN&Y, with a dash of Moody Blues and Simon & Garfunkel? How about Brian Eno, Robert Fripp, Tori Amos, or Porcupine Tree?

If so, and you live in Northern California, we should talk. And make music.

I'm looking for talented musicians to add spice, ideas, structure, and diversity to the 30 or 40 songs that I've cooked up over the years. We're not talking bubble gum, cookie-cutter pop; the goal is unsettling intensity like folk music from the mind Van Gogh, ambient from Dali, and prog sometimes from Poe and sometimes Monty Python.

My primary instrument is an Ovation 12-string, highly effected. Sometimes I do fingerpicking, other times ornate rhythms. Can you listen and accentuate rather than dominate until asked? Do you like setting up a creepy soundscape, sparse and haunting? Then boy, do we need to talk.