This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

what the most important aspect for a bands drummer?

100%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
#219892 by thelowend
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 am
i am starting a psychedelic experimental rock band currently it is me on bass and my friend on lead guitar we both are very like minded and are looking to find a drummer to add to the mix. no need to be very technical (not that its a bad thing) just good time, be able to keep a beat. if you live in the Toronto area and are interested in this i would love to hear from you. we are both 18-20 and we have a place to jam. :shock: 8) :!: :idea: :roll: :arrow:

#219898 by jimmydanger
Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 pm
Keeping time is the drummer's primary job, but really there other more important qualities: the desire to play music above all other things helps, the ability to show up for rehearsals and woodshed on their own is important and the personality to get along with others in the band (and relate to the audience) is also critical. All the other stuff can be learned.

#219899 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:22 pm
Timing is key, but if the drummer doesn't show up or has other personal issues, it ain't gonna work. That's what makes putting a band together so difficult.

BTW, you have not given people any way to contact you. Set up a profile here on Bandmix (hide your contact email in it).

#219909 by gbheil
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm
Commitment, IE being available for rehearsals and gigs, showing up 1/2 hour early, with everything they need, and ready to get the job done.

#219945 by RGMixProject
Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:27 am
One Word, everything good comes with it!

SKILL