This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#218793 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 pm
Heard from Neander paul, he's working on 4 different videos.

For me:
Got the copyright stuff completed for the new album.
Submitted music files and artwork for the new album to Createspace.
Heard from a singer/guitarist who seems real interested in getting together for a possible duo. His online stuff is a bit different than my style, but he's doing gigs and approved of my 200+ song songlist.
Also talked with a young lady at last week's open mic, who could fingerpick guitar a little, definitely in 'learning mode', but who said she knew a guy looking for another guitarist, I gave her my info to pass on.

#218796 by Joewillplay
Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm
Well,thurs. played with bassist and drummer who want to gig out.Sat played with another drummer and bassist that want to look to the future for possible gigs.Both sessions were pretty good.So I had a pretty good week.

#219353 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm
Singer-guitarist (mentioned above) was supposed to come over Friday night for a mutual audition. He bailed at the last minute. A little investigation shows he's playing regularly in a trio already ...
Went over to audition with a duo looking for another guitar yesterday, but song fit was not good. The woman singer (admittedly) could not sing any harmonies and the guy (guitar) didn't even try to follow along with me on a couple of songs.

Next ...

#219356 by fisherman bob
Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm
Looking for more gigs, minimum $75 per man. We're good.

#219357 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:35 pm
fisherman bob wrote:Looking for more gigs, minimum $75 per man. We're good.

Bob I find it very disquieting that you consider to take less than 100 per person. I thought I was the only dimwit to play for peanuts!!!! lol

You guys are good, hold out for the $.

If they don't like it, tell em to buy a karaoke machine. WTF>!!!

#219423 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:21 pm
Problem is Scott - they may just go for the Karaoke machine.

I'm fixin' to move in the next couple months, much as I hate to - but I need to be in an area near client sites and near a music scene. I need to play out soon or I'm going start cutting strips off my flesh and feeding them to the piranha I keep in the puddle by the mailbox...

Talbot

#219426 by gbheil
Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:54 pm
Re organized the studio / stage setting. Hope to do some recording Saturday as the gig we had scheduled was postponed by the venue. Then perhaps we can get on schedule with another music video.
August will be very busy with travel to DFW area for shows nearly every weekend, and two separate for Labor Day weekend.
Acoustic project currently on hold.

#219455 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:57 pm
Summer always seems too busy to me. WIth the heat wave last week, didn't do much of anything (looking back) except play at 2 open mics. Haven't even attempted any new song writing for a few weeks.
Got the 'proof' copy back for my new CD yesterday. 1 typo and 3 art layout issues to fix. :roll:

#219460 by Paleopete
Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:04 pm
Just started practicing with some friends I played guitar with years ago, 1st rehearsal this past Sunday. looks like it will be a regular thing, they're looking at getting some local gigs soon as we can work up a song list. Loads of vocals, we can all sing lead or harmonies, and we focus on harmonies, so we;re looking for songs with loads of vocals.

Also just built a tilt back stand out of PVC for my Fender Champ, which I use for practice, and that's working great. I was amazed at the difference it made Sunday having it pointed at my face instead of my knees...Just glued it together except for the feet, I want to keep them loose so I can make longer or shorter ones if needed. Didn't have any glue so I used it Sunday unglued, worked fine but tended to try and come apart when I carried it. JUst got the Champ fixed and working right again recently, and it sounds great.. Best practice amp ever made.

#219504 by Starfish Scott
Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:51 pm
Being close to a scene doesn't mean much to me.

I get better performances out of stages we build in the woods.
You just have to have a generator and some ear plugs.

Other than that as long as you network the show a little, you'd be surprised at how many people you can get to show up.

(PS: sell keg beer) lol

#219549 by gbheil
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:37 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Being close to a scene doesn't mean much to me.

I get better performances out of stages we build in the woods.
You just have to have a generator and some ear plugs.

Other than that as long as you network the show a little, you'd be surprised at how many people you can get to show up.

(PS: sell keg beer) lol

In our area . . . people with 4 wheelers trespassing, a general disrespect for private property and the earth, have made it nearly impossible to find land owners willing to allow such.
Used to not be that way, but now . . . :cry:

#219590 by JMZCustomGuitars
Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:54 pm
For me...

I'm trying to figure out how to transplant all the cool electronics out of a Line 6 guitar into a way cooler guitar body

hopefully i get it right, if not then more firewood for me!

:)

cheers!

John

#219635 by TheMobiusStrips
Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:34 am
Recording a solo album. Band practice on saturday. Not much else that is music related.

#219640 by Cajundaddy
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:11 am
Hey Mobius I just checked out your vid. Looks like fun stuff.

Here is a female fronted band in Calif. that has been taking off lately. "Summer Twins" Their family is close friends of ours and they are all very creatively talented. I thought you might enjoy their 60s retro vibe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzREfOX62f4

#219643 by Hayden King
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:30 am
Right On Mike. Bravo on finishing a body of work. Hope you have something fruitful in store with the possibles.

Me? still trying to get this album finished... after 28 months :arrow:

Salute!

twitter.com/HaydenKing