This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Offer your professional services here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Do you have a mailing list to help build relationships with fans?

50%
50%
#218776 by CoreyKoehler
Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm
I am an indie artist with a blog where I share ideas on how to make money with music.

I've been compiling a list of places where you can submit your music to get it heard.

Click below to learn more:
http://musicgoat.com/submit-your-music

#218777 by gbheil
Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 pm
I have little faith in my fellow men. I recon most "submission services" either want me to "pay to play" which I won't, are looking to steal music, or make undo profit by some means or another. Some of my comrades don't mind paying for sites like Revernation, which I feel like for the most part are a waste of time. The only possible benefit is my being able to show case said songs in social media ( which is also of limited benefit )
As far as a mailing list. I kept a list for a short period of time to notify folks of an event we would be hosting or playing at, yet effort vs return was dismal. I love music, though I cannot think of a single band I would want to get "mail" from personally. I don't do "stars" nor the "hero" thing.
For for situation, visual and word of mouth are the most effective IMO.

Welcome to Bandmix . . . best wishes.

George
Jericho March

#218811 by Starfish Scott
Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm
Does anyone ever hear the music one on IPM or is it another internet radio station playing endless music that no one ever hears?

#219045 by CoreyKoehler
Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 pm
sanshouheil: Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. You are right though, some do charge. But some don't and some that do are worth it like Earbits and Jango. I have made a few really good fans on those services who have bought music which has morethan paid for those fees.

As far as a mailing list goes, perhaps you weren't doing it right. I have had a lot of success with mine. Maybe this case study that I was featured in will shed a little more light on the subject for you

http://musicgoat.com/tooting-my-own-hor ... -marketing

#219046 by CoreyKoehler
Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:23 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Does anyone ever hear the music one on IPM or is it another internet radio station playing endless music that no one ever hears?

Good question. Also, I wonder if the music get reported to Soundexchange. That way you might still get some royalty money even if the listens weren't there.

#219047 by gbheil
Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:25 pm
Don't know where you got the idea I'm having a tough time.
I'm rockin for Jesus and loving very moment.

But I appreciate the input.

Cheers !

#219072 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:26 am
That sounds like a really heavy, tongue-in-cheek tune.

"Rockin 4 Jesus"...or maybe a Charity event..

(Don't hit me lord, I still haven't healed from the last beating.. lol)

#219074 by gbheil
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:36 am
Starfish Scott wrote:That sounds like a really heavy, tongue-in-cheek tune.

"Rockin 4 Jesus"...or maybe a Charity event..

(Don't hit me lord, I still haven't healed from the last beating.. lol)

8)

See what I can do about that . . . kinda catchy.

#219083 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:45 am
Absolutely, I don't mention the good stuff to keep it to myself, you know..